collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random/off topic pony thoughts  (Read 20879 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Random/off topic pony thoughts
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2020, 08:05:22 AM »
Why are true greens such uncommon colors?

Maybe difficult to get the dye right??

It does make the few that exist special though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2020, 12:27:09 PM »
Why are true greens such uncommon colors?

Maybe difficult to get the dye right??

It does make the few that exist special though.

That it does. And pricy too. Usually.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2020, 08:47:56 PM »
I had a random thought as I was watching The Glass Princess....it is heavily emphasized that ponies have magical properties in their hair- no matter what race they are. In g4, however, it seems like earth ponies (Pinkie Pie, specifically, and Apple Jack to some extent) alone have magical hair, and I wonder if this was a callback to g1.

More importantly, what the magical hair means as far as the misconception that many have about earth ponies having no magic goes.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2020, 10:06:15 PM »
Wanted baby g3 unicorns. And boys.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2020, 01:55:39 AM »
Wanted baby g3 unicorns. And boys.
I've Customised some
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2020, 04:03:27 AM »
I had a random thought as I was watching The Glass Princess....it is heavily emphasized that ponies have magical properties in their hair- no matter what race they are. In g4, however, it seems like earth ponies (Pinkie Pie, specifically, and Apple Jack to some extent) alone have magical hair, and I wonder if this was a callback to g1.

More importantly, what the magical hair means as far as the misconception that many have about earth ponies having no magic goes.
I heard somewhere that the reason their hair grew back so fast is that the animators didn't feel like drawing them bald for the rest of the storyarc. Which sounds kind of odd considering that they would actually be way easier to animate without hair.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2020, 04:59:01 AM »
Wanted Baby G1s based on the Big/Mountain Boy Ponies, plus G1 Boy Unicorns

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2020, 03:32:44 PM »
Whenever I watch the "Slumber Party" episode of My Little Pony Tales, i can't help but think that Squire was originally supposed to die in it, but it wouldn't fly past the censors so they had to change that. Just think about it, Patch's ghost story doesn't really make much sense, seing how ghost stories are meant to be scary and there's nothing scary about a dragon simply walking away while the protagonist was temporarily stuck in a hole, plus when we actually see Squire's ghost at the end he's still the same age, implying he never got any older than he was in the story. Now when you see the scene where Patch's story ends with him falling into the hole, imagine that she says something like "and then he fell into the hole and was never seen again, but some say his ghost is still out there" instead, and now the whole episode complete with the twist ending suddenly makes a whole lot of sense!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 03:40:29 PM by SpacePinto »
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2020, 01:56:24 PM »
With the G1 series, I always found it puzzling that everything is within walking distance of Paradise Estate: the desert, the sea, a castle made of ice. How tiny is their world?

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2020, 11:09:40 AM »
Random pony observation: my Baby Tic Tac Toe has an extraordinarily thick mane. Is anyone else's like this? There are 4 rows of hair plugs, and some random extra large plugs in between the rows. I've never seen this on any pony before, much less a baby. The green stripe in her mane alone is as thick as her tail (which is not skimpy, either!). It's like someone handed her designer a massive hank of hair and said make it work on this pony, however you have to do it. I checked a couple of her set-mates, Babies Quackers and Bouncy, and their hair is normal.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2020, 02:29:08 PM »
On that note I always wondered why Baby Fifi's hair was so thin: just one row of white & the streak.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »
Whenever I watch the "Slumber Party" episode of My Little Pony Tales, i can't help but think that Squire was originally supposed to die in it, but it wouldn't fly past the censors so they had to change that. Just think about it, Patch's ghost story doesn't really make much sense, seing how ghost stories are meant to be scary and there's nothing scary about a dragon simply walking away while the protagonist was temporarily stuck in a hole, plus when we actually see Squire's ghost at the end he's still the same age, implying he never got any older than he was in the story. Now when you see the scene where Patch's story ends with him falling into the hole, imagine that she says something like "and then he fell into the hole and was never seen again, but some say his ghost is still out there" instead, and now the whole episode complete with the twist ending suddenly makes a whole lot of sense!

Oh ... oh no! I wonder if you're right!! Welp, goodbye sleep! :yikes:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2020, 05:14:58 AM »
On that note I always wondered why Baby Fifi's hair was so thin: just one row of white & the streak.

That's interesting...I had wondered about Baby Fifi because she is in the same pose and thought she might be the same, but I don't have her so I couldn't check. That's weird that hers is extra thin! I wonder why they did that.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2020, 05:37:23 AM »
I always thought my childhood baby TTT was well endowed in the hair dept.

Baby Fifi has curly hair (theoretically) which may be a part in it.

But the rainbow babies here have much thicker hair than the ones I've had from the US. So it's probably just about batch differences. Or maybe that they have to get four colours in for Baby TTT, but not so much for baby Fifi, who has to accommodate the unicorn streak instead.

A better comparison would probably be Quackers on the four colours, but I can't remember her being super thick either...although she may also be curly, I can't actually remember right now *ponders*.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2020, 05:57:54 AM »
I thought the same thing, and Quackers was the first one I checked, but she just has 2 standard rows like normal. You might be right, maybe she was curly and that was why. I can't tell, because the one I have is badly frizzed (possibly an indication of curly hair). She was my sister's pony, so I can't remember what she looked like when she was new. She sure is in need of a spa day, though...*puts Baby Q on the mental list of ponies to be cleaned*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal