collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site  (Read 15988 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2019, 07:59:19 AM »
English version has been leaked.

Won't post the links here, but this should be interesting.

This time it wasn't a leak. It was another full on hacking job.... By the same Russian that hacked DHX before.  In addition to the remaining eps, unreleased shorts were also included, along with the actual original scripts for all of that, and every other episode made.

And there's almost no escape from the spoilers now. Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are getting filled with them, and now screenshots of spoilers are appearing as Youtube video thumbnails, which means you can be browsing pony vids and come across them.

Oh, so we know now who extracted all those G5 concept arts?
Rumor had it that it was a Hasbro employee who was fired, lol.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2019, 08:49:35 AM »
The English version didn't reveal more than the Dutch dub did, darn.
I feel like everyone has been spoiled by now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline AvianWing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2019, 08:51:46 AM »
English version has been leaked.

Won't post the links here, but this should be interesting.

This time it wasn't a leak. It was another full on hacking job.... By the same Russian that hacked DHX before.  In addition to the remaining eps, unreleased shorts were also included, along with the actual original scripts for all of that, and every other episode made.

And there's almost no escape from the spoilers now. Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are getting filled with them, and now screenshots of spoilers are appearing as Youtube video thumbnails, which means you can be browsing pony vids and come across them.

Oh, so we know now who extracted all those G5 concept arts?
Rumor had it that it was a Hasbro employee who was fired, lol.

Ugh, I still really hope those G5 concepts were either faked or scrapped. They look so un-MLP-like.

The English version didn't reveal more than the Dutch dub did, darn.
I feel like everyone has been spoiled by now.

Spoiler
I only saw ep. 26, but it made me like Luster Dawn a bit less.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2019, 11:22:57 AM »
I feel bad for the artists and writers but I have a little devil on my shoulder cackling. G4 went out like a fart.
And that spoiler situation reminds me of when the last Harry Potter book came out and evil fans wrote in dust and snow who dies so even if you were just walking on the street you couldn't escape the spoilers :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2019, 11:45:23 AM »
I feel bad for the artists and writers but I have a little devil on my shoulder cackling. G4 went out like a fart.
And that spoiler situation reminds me of when the last Harry Potter book came out and evil fans wrote in dust and snow who dies so even if you were just walking on the street you couldn't escape the spoilers :lol:

Wow. Did they really? I wasn't into harry potter at the height of its popularity so I didn't know all that.

Post Merge: September 04, 2019, 11:45:56 AM

Oh yikes. :whoa:

Didn't realize it was that bad.

Making me feel guilty for watching it now...

Ah don't. Its not like your the one who did it. Also, I hope that's not G5 either.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2019, 12:47:35 PM »

Wow. Did they really? I wasn't into harry potter at the height of its popularity so I didn't know all that.

I wasn't into HP and even I saw the dusty cars with "Snape dies" smudges :lol:

So I watched the English finale...
Spoiler
...and the only thing I missed is where Luna and Celestia retire to (Silver Valley...ok... what is that?)
Is it like the Gray Havens in LotR where all the Elves disappear to? Meh.

And yeah, I am still baffled they forgave Discord so easily. It was all his fault, again. This piece of work helped Tirek once and now he helped him twice. He also resurrected Sombra. Without his help, Sombra wouldn't have endangered Twilight's family. But sure, she is just letting that slide.
Without Discord Chrysalis would have just sulked somewhere and never become a true danger to Starlight since all her changelings turned into butterflies. And Cozy? Just a kid with a personality disorder.
But that donkeysnake brought them all together to "test Twilight" and make her feel like a hero.
Did Discord ever have to pay for the crap he pulled with Tirek the first time. It's like when little kids try to steal magic they go to Tartarus but if fan favorite tries to enslave everyone and steal magic he gets a slap on the wrist until he does it again and then he onky gets an angry look.
Proof that Discord should have never become a show regular. They kept writing him as a villain (leading Twilight and Cadance into a trap to fight a monster, bullying Starlight, trying to throw Fluttershy's friend into a different dimension...) but he still got to stick around.

After the episode where he tried to throw Treehugger away I thought he'd finally calm down and yet here we are, finale caused by Discord Ex Machina and we even got to see him become Fluttershy's housedragon after that.
Turn the dude back to stone and let him stand next to Tirek, Chrys and Cozy.

Where the hay are Cozy's parents btw... was she an orphan or are two poor ponies now looking for their child? :P

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2019, 01:02:36 PM »
Which G5 concepts are we talking about here? o.o
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2019, 02:10:54 PM »

Assuming I'm talking about the same leaks as everyone else:

Spoiler

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2019, 02:42:20 PM »

Assuming I'm talking about the same leaks as everyone else:

Spoiler
That's fanart.
Spoiler

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »
Spoiler
Why stone?  Just kill the villains for once.  If anything, turning them to stone is worse.  Remember when turning creatures into inanimate material was the tool of the BAD GUYS?!
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Shadowperla

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2019, 03:19:52 PM »
Here's a really quick unpolished design of Twilight I came up with...

Spoiler
(one that doesn't look like a Celestia recolour)

Ah, my friend said that leaked script details Twilight mane exactly as such! I think Hasbro got  cheap on animating that :(

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2019, 05:35:49 AM »
Nice, Raga! You put the literal twilight in her mane. I'd be fine with the canon one if they blurred out that magenta stripe more. It looks like a band waving in the night sky.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2019, 03:46:38 PM »
About the plot twist...

Spoiler
Why did nobody acknowledge that Discord practically raised the dead? People complain about Twilight being too powerful but the chaos guy resurrected a "killed off" villain from the shadow zone like it's no big deal and then got him "killed" again.
Back when we thought he was Grogar it made sense because we were to believe Grogar is a necromancer. But now we know Discord is actually a necromancer on top of being already crazy powerful. He is more godlike than any of the Princesses could ever be :lookround:

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »
About the plot twist...

Spoiler
Why did nobody acknowledge that Discord practically raised the dead? People complain about Twilight being too powerful but the chaos guy resurrected a "killed off" villain from the shadow zone like it's no big deal and then got him "killed" again.
Back when we thought he was Grogar it made sense because we were to believe Grogar is a necromancer. But now we know Discord is actually a necromancer on top of being already crazy powerful. He is more godlike than any of the Princesses could ever be :lookround:
Spoiler
Even though Grogar was never a necromancer in the original series.  He was a sorcerer using a powerful object, but none of his powers had anything to do with the dead.

And Discord has officially become the worst interpretation of Q, an imp there to torment the character for his sick pleasure.  They probably thought this was like the ending of "All Good Things" not realizing it was Picard's actions that led to the anomaly of doom (Q was just displacing him through time).  Instead this comes off more like Mxyzptlk.  Only Discord won't get whisked off the cornfield if he says or spells his name backwards.

Also, this twist is just plain stupid.  It's one last middle finger to the older fans as this isn't Grogar but a fake.  After Roid Tirek and the radioactive booger, they struck out on references to the past series.  Do they hate the legacy of this brand at DHX?  And, as I said, Discord has devolved into an imp.  It's also a disservice to Twilight and crew that Discord set up a crisis for them to solve instead of this being an actual crisis.
Spoiler
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2019, 06:02:53 AM »
Alright, so the English version:

Spoiler

I liked Luster Dawn in the beginning, when she thought friendship was a waste of time.  She’s not wrong about any of what she said.  Yet Twilight made her weak in the end.  Of course this show is going to teach “the magic of friendship” and all that ridiculousness.  But I didn’t like how quickly it turned from “friendship is a waste of time and energy” to “oh wait you guys still see each other every year?  Yay friendship!” 

Another thing... Twilight’s voice REALLY did not suit her new form.  She still sounds like a tiny little pony, not a majestic regal beast of a horse.  Then again, all she controls is friendship so I guess she doesn’t need to have a strong vocal presence to do that. 

Did...did the real Princesses actually go to that nursing home?  Granted I think they simply referred to Silver Shoals as a retirement village of some sort, but let’s get real.  It’s a nursing home.  Look at Luna!  Does she *really* look like she needs to live in an old folks’  home? 

Lastly, I’m still so glad Cozy Glow got turned to stone.  I’ve seen stuff on various other pages where people are unhappy she never got to be redeemed, and that’s exactly why I’m thrilled she didn’t.  I love that there are villains that have never been reformed.  Like, I enjoy Steven Universe but the constant redeeming villains trope is grating and unrealistic.  There are bad people in the world, and you can’t talk or befriend them into submission.  I’m happy this series at least acknowledges that fact, where SU tries to paint the world in an overly naive, “love solves everything” kind of light.  So I have to give this series credit where credit is due.

And now, onward to G5!  Just please, PLEASE don’t make the new franchise shove friendship down our collective throats.  Let’s just watch colorful equines go on little girly adventures and sell toys.  That’s all I ever want MLP to be. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal