collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Chewed Pony  (Read 1273 times)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
Chewed Pony
« on: March 14, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »
I have experienced my first chewed pony ever. I’ve had my puppy for 5 months and kept my ponies far away from her. Today I was moving them and I left one on the floor without thinking. I wouldn’t have been too upset if it was a common or messed up one. However, it was an absolute mint Baby Splosh that I spent $80 on many years ago. I am very upset and angry with myself for now being more careful. I am wondering what I should do. Do any of you repair ponies? I don’t want to leave her as she is because I can’t display her but everything else on her is perfect. Any suggestions or stories that will make feel better?   I have the piece that was chewed off, if that matters. visitors can't see pics , please register or login
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Wild Raspberry

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Be the change you want to see.
    • View Profile
Re: Chewed Pony
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:39:51 PM »
:shocked: So sorry for your pain. That's so sad. :shakefist: Bad puppy! I know how aggravating they can be.

There are lots of customizers on here that can probably recommend clays to use to repair her.
Best wishes for her recovery.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »
I know you can use air dry clay and then paint with acrylic. Maybe sand down the clay to be smoother and remove fingerprints.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 08:45:00 PM »
There's no way to fully restore chews.
You can re-sculpt the missing part and paint over, but it'll never look the same.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:38:57 PM »
I am so sorry this happened to your pony.  :( The dog once ate one of my childhood ponies (it was a fakie but it still part of my childhood herd) and it got to my Starcatcher's cloth wings... but I can't imagine how devastating this would be with a rare pony.

I have seen people 'fix' ponies with chunks missing from their bodies... you can tell it's a repair but they display nicely. I definitely think there's hope.  :) The galaxy at the top of this page is a great example of hoof repair. http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/body.html

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 12:10:36 AM »
Luckily my dog Honey hasn't chewed any of my ponies (she found one body and barked at me telling me she found it)

Sorry that your puppy chewed your pony, like Hannah66665 said http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/body.html shows you how to repaired a pony.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 11:04:35 AM »
So sorry this happened with such a special pony.  :( I love the Seaside babies.  As others have said, it is possible to sculpt the hoof and fill in the chew marks, sanding down smooth, and try to match the body color in painting over the sculpting. 

Since the hind leg of the seaside babies has that cascading symbol paint, perhaps doing a design to match/coordinate would help hide the repair, since I suspect that bright pink will be a little tricky to match.  A high-quality epoxy clay (it is like air dry in that it cures on its own, but has a smoother texture and less shrinkage) is probably best for the sculpting.   

You could do the repair yourself, but an experienced customizer could probably give the best result for a smooth finish on the sculpting and a good color match on the painting.  I'm not an expert, but I have done both customs and restorations (I purchased an entire lot of bait ponies off ebay with chewed-off feet that I'm working on).  Feel free to pm if you would like help.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 11:12:55 AM »
Ohh no! :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 12:02:01 PM »
Ah no, what a shame!  :(

Since she's ocean themed, maybe you could customize some flippers for her?  Maybe the G3 flippers would fit her, even.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 12:43:49 PM »
I suggest shoes, but I love the flippers idea! I will bring a set to the meet at the end of March.

My parrot chewed the foot of a talking pony. I feel your pain, though not as intensely. When I was little, Baby Backstroke got run over by the lawnmower. I still have her head- that was all that was left.

Hugs, Beth.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »
use model magic maybe heres a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7APFeaVTNmQ
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline BethyVic

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 06:27:35 PM »
Thank you all so so much. I feel a lot better now knowing that there are options.  And just having others share similar stories is very helpful. My mom was with me but she couldn’t understand all my emotions. She did feel sad for me though.  Raindrop I will pm you. Aurora, where is the information about the meet at the end of March?
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 06:35:45 PM »
Poor Splosh :'(

I am no restorer and other people have given great advice. Fortunately if it's a front foot you probably don't have to worry about the symbol too much. If you're re-sculpting don't forget that the hooves on these girls have holes in the base so if you want to be authentic...

I guess she probably doesn't go swimming though, so you might not mind too much about that.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 07:15:05 PM »
Thank you all so so much. I feel a lot better now knowing that there are options.  And just having others share similar stories is very helpful. My mom was with me but she couldn’t understand all my emotions. She did feel sad for me though.  Raindrop I will pm you. Aurora, where is the information about the meet at the end of March?

I'm pretty sure I sent you an email, but I will go bump it to the tippy top of the Corral. It is on March 31, the day before Easter.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline BethyVic

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 09:18:19 PM »
Yes you did Aurora! I’m sorry I didn’t check back after it was apparently postponed. I’ve been really sick from my lupus for two months so I haven’t done much outside of my apartment.
[email protected]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal