collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 138660 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 06:12:14 AM »
I am happy to see vintage ponies in the stores, but as someone with the full set of collector ponies, these are a bit of a disappointment. I do not need a 4th set of collector ponies, and there are over 500 other ponies they could have chosen. Why not release the first year set with Glory, Firefly, Apple-freakin-jack!!!???? I think more parents have positive memories of their childhood Firefly than of Butterscotch. (Nothing against Butterscotch, just ranting!)
Plus more dynamic or interesting poses, color combinations, breeds...  If they are going to charge ten dollars for a plastic horse, I would like it if they tried a little harder.

I will only buy these if I see them on a very good clearance. Keep trying, Hasbro.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 06:17:43 AM »
I hope they release more, like the unicorns and pegasi, to be honest. And that they're global, and not restricted to the US. That would be depressing.
Call me Pixie!

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 06:26:59 AM »
Yeah bit of disappointment these are the same ponies again since I already have them. Another set from the first years would have been great too.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 06:34:42 AM »
I am happy to see vintage ponies in the stores, but as someone with the full set of collector ponies, these are a bit of a disappointment. I do not need a 4th set of collector ponies, and there are over 500 other ponies they could have chosen. Why not release the first year set with Glory, Firefly, Apple-freakin-jack!!!???? I think more parents have positive memories of their childhood Firefly than of Butterscotch. (Nothing against Butterscotch, just ranting!)
Plus more dynamic or interesting poses, color combinations, breeds...  If they are going to charge ten dollars for a plastic horse, I would like it if they tried a little harder.

I will only buy these if I see them on a very good clearance. Keep trying, Hasbro.

I totally agree.  I'm really stoked that they decided to celebrate the 25th anniversary.  (Have they decided to only celebrate anniversaries when the current gen is on the downhill slope?).

But I'm really dissapointed that they released the collectors ponies, again.  I already have the ones from the 25th anniversary and the originals, of course.  And yes, it would have made so much more sense to release the ponies seen in RAMC.  They would appeal to both collectors and bronies a lot more than this set.  Or, if they were determined to release ponies in that pose, then there are still plenty of ponies to choose from.  Birth flowers maybe?  Alternate birth flowers? 

I just feel like those average grown ups in the toy isle are less likely to feel an affinity for these ponies specificly but just the aesthetics of gen 1 ponies.

I'm conflicted about buying these.  I really want to support the idea of retro ponies.  I really don't want to spend the money on *these* ponies.

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 06:38:29 AM »
Thanks to the MN pony meet last month, I also have the full original six, but I wasn't around for the 25th anniversary set so I can't help but be excited. If these do well, they may do other ponies too. Like how the 25th anniversary had tge rainbow ponies too...And now they're more easy for people to buy because they're not in bigger packs. Individually, I can see parents buying these for the nostalgia and not being halted by the price too much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 06:42:36 AM »
Why Target???  I hope we get them up in Canada!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 06:46:11 AM »
My birthday is this month.  I am demanding these as 'tribute' :ninja:
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 06:48:40 AM »
Well since i wasn't here for the 25th anniversary ones and since i don't have any year 1 ponies except for my macau butterscotch i'm definitely going to try to get them.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 06:49:10 AM »
Ooooh how unexpected :O I'd love to see comparison pics of these next to the originals, and the 25th (?) anniversary re-releases! They look more "accurate" than the last re-releases (i.e. CC doesn't have bright pink hair) so that's nice.

I hope they get released in other countries, too ^^;

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 06:56:38 AM »
I think that the first 6 were chosen because they are the first ponies. If you look back at the retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls that came out a couple of years ago they released anniversary editions of the first dolls. the ones without pets. Of the original 6 I only have one, Cotton Candy. She was my first pony.  I can see  why people  that already own the G1 first six ponies and the 25 anniversary release are disappointed.  I'm hoping if these sell well maybe the rainbow ponies will be released (as I also missed those at the 25th anniversary and maybe there will be other ponies released as well.

I think Cotton Candy is the only one of the first 6 ponies to appear in RAMC. She only has a few lines though.

I agree that a lot of people would probably be more inclined to buy an anniversary Firefly if they have fond memories of watching RAMC. I think Moondancer would be pretty popular also.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:00:56 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 07:09:24 AM »
I want that Minty! But I doubt my country will get them :cry:

Why can't they do rereleases if the other G1 molds? With all the 80s retro things being popular right now, this is the first thing I'd go for if I had anything to say at Hasbro.

It would also help with the customization of perfectly fine G1s. Customizers could just go for new G1s and leave the vintage ones intact.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 07:15:32 AM »
They look sooo much better than the previous retro set!  And they'll be easier to display as singles, too!

I'm going to have to check Target today . . .

Here's a link to the MLP Merch post about them:

https://www.mlpmerch.com/2018/01/35th-anniversary-g1-ponies-appear-at-target.html
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:17:34 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 07:15:51 AM »
I was about to drive to target but there's a full on winter storm out, darn.
I was sort of wishing that they would release a different set of ponies, or maybe even use the old molds to make new characters. Heck, I'd take the current mane 6 using G1 molds. I wasn't into pony when they released the ones for the 25th, so I'm less angry than others. The ones that I've handled in thrift stores from the 25th seem to have been of poorer quality, so hopefully that isn't the case here.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 07:26:15 AM »
I wonder if they will be available here in the U.K, because I'm hoping to get Minty and Butterscotch as it's those two I'm missing.

Hasbro are globally myopic with things like this, so I doubt it. We never had the 25th anniversary ones either.

I get annoyed whenever Hasbro make out like 1983 is the anniversary year. It isn't. I don't care what the technicalities might be about store shelves and whatever, the designs and the moulds are 1982. Besides, MLP came to the UK in 1983 and we were a year behind the US, where they began. I know people have different views on it, but I find it annoying.

I am not too worried about them coming to the UK because frankly, I'm not interested in the collector ponies over and over again. If they wanted to be memorable, they could make a memorable characters set and release ponies like Firefly, Applejack, and maybe even the mysterious rainbow pony from Rescue at Midnight Castle. I understand why it's this set, but unless they are going to issue them with the original prototype spot symbols, I'm not really bothered about them.

(But I admit the thing that puts me off most is having 1983 written on the box).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 07:47:25 AM »
Wow. They look better quality. The hair is better on Snuzzle and Cotton Candy though, which is great :) And while I would love ponies like Firefly or Glory, the first set of ponies actually makes sense to release as an anniversary celebration because they were the first in the line. I will still buy these though, because I would love to have even a replica G1 in their box :) And at least Hasbro is acknowledging G1!

I also noticed something interesting. These look like they are in the concave hoof CP but the 25th anniversary ones are in the flat foot CP.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal