collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share your great pony stories!!  (Read 705 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Share your great pony stories!!
« on: November 08, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »
Everybody has a "Great Pony Story" or even more than one! Have you ever found an awesome pony in the wild? MOC at the thrift? A pony with special sentimental meaning? I have a few :D
I found a Indian Funskool Butterscotch at the thrift here in Canada when I was in College, but had no idea how special she was. Flash forward 10 years or so and I find her in my collection at my parents' place and I just about plotzed!
Found both Eyelash Princesses MIB at the Value Village for $6.99 a piece.
My Sprinkles is still my absolute favourite pony from childhood. I cherish her because my parents worked so hard to get her and the Waterfall for me. She was my first pony....and boy can you tell! LOL

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
Re: Share your great pony stories!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:02:57 AM »
There are very few ponies I have ever had the fortune of finding in op-shops, markets, and car boot sales.  However, I had one spectacular find a few years ago in a local secondhand store. Four TAF baby ponies were just sitting in the bottom of the toy bin, waiting for me!  Baby Sugarberry, Baby Love Melody, Baby Milky Way, and Baby Sweet Tooth, for only 50c each!  They were in quite good condition, only minor surface dirt and the stray scuff mark.  At that stage I didn't have any of the babies in the set, so I was over the moon!  Even all these years later I smile when I catch sight of them.  That was some time ago, and I don't think I've found any G1 ponies in the wild since.  The pickings are very slim in these parts when it comes to exciting pony finds. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 02:20:00 AM »
Wow  :shocked: awesome finds!

I have found some great things in the past, but it's getting much harder to find anything now :(

I found ice crystal for £1 at the car boot, and my friend found g1s, including Thundercloud and melody on free cycle, and gave them to me as a birthday gift  :shocked:
I also found cascade for 50p, cranberry muffins and pink sweet clover for 20p each! I have also got baby fun and games twice for 10p.

And when I first started collecting, I found a bag full of g3s 14 regular, styling pinkie and 2 mc donalds for only £3.99. I almost left it as it was just a white bin bag, but then I saw a familiar looking eye! Almost all the ponies were near mint too :)

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 03:22:35 AM »
Found a G1 Surprise and its baby version at... a Furry convention. Not the type of toys I thought I would find there  :devious:
Found a Blossom this year in a thrift store.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 03:54:51 AM »
I rarely find G1s, so any vintage pony find is an exciting find for me! My first story happened about a year ago. I was searching craigslist which always has way overpriced G1s, if any at all, when I saw a My Pretty Pony. She was the pink one, but she was pretty yellow and her eyelashes and forelock had been cut, plus her hair was frizzy. And guess what... She was a dollar! When I got her her mechanisms functioned perfectly. I treasure her  :biggrin: My second find was at my local Goodwill. It never has G1s, so I was very surprised when I found 13 ponies there! Including a mint Sunnybunch, which is one of the rarest ponies I have. The last bit of luck I have had was at an antique mall. I was about to go when I spotted Lemon Drop in a bag! Also in the bag was a nearly complete Pretty Parlor, a High Flyer with original wings, lots of ribbons, and a pair of Flutter Pony wings! I have no idea why Lemon Drop was with the Pretty Parlor instead of Peachy, but I still love her and my almost complete Pretty Parlor, as it is the only G1 play set I have :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 06:01:36 AM »
I haven't really found any super rare ponies while thrifting, but my personal favorites are when I found Spring Song (after I got her she became my favorite pony), and every time I've ever found a G2, because those seem to be the hardest to come across.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 07:25:16 AM »
My personal favorite was getting a lavender Satin N' Lace for $1 at the toy consignment shop nearby. And then finding MIB Lily Lightly with the bonus Yesterdaisy at the same shop. I found another G3, a plush, MOC there again...I have to go back there sometime.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 09:01:40 AM »
The first pony I found thrifting was a Cherries Jubilee at a small family run thrift shop in a rural town circa 2004. Fast forward to this past July and I found Glory,NSS Gusty,non BBE baby Firefly,G3 Sapphire Shores. They were in the small toy bin, which usually gets picked over later in the day. But for some reason I had decided to show up just after opening because otherwise I'm late afternoon thrifting. Now this Goodwill typically has zero ponies unless you count CPK fakies. No play sets,Happy Meal toys, books or DVDs,nothing legit MLP. So I nearly died when I walked in and noticed familiar looking hooves sticking out of the pile.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:03:37 AM by Sky_Rocket_Sammie »

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »
I found an apple jack year 2 at once upon a child
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »
Definitely when I found a fancy mermaid pony at the flea market for $2.

But I think my best find was a Magenta Satin n Lace at the thrift for $0.50! She had her original pink curls, too!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 10:10:32 AM »
Oooh I love reading these stories - makes me so excited that these ponies have found a loving home and are appreciated!

I guess for me my best buy was a few years ago (10?) at a boot sale - my boyfriend (now husband) subtly called me over to a stand that was selling G1s - I saw a few Boy ponies but at the time but did not know much about who they were (as a kid I had stopped collecting by the time they came along) - so I got an orange one (Lightning) who was in the best condition of the lot, plus a flat-foot Butterscotch and a clutch of other "commons" - I think they were £1 each - I was on a nostalgia rush and only had a little cash left on me (after buying vintage chandeliers and gilt mirrors) otherwise I would have bought the lot!  :lol:

More recently, I found Posey + Lickety Split at a charity shop, both in very clean + silky condition - I think they were £1 or £2, I forget!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
I consider myself pretty lucky that I have had some good luck with thrift finds. I do go for long dry spells of finding nothing but then other times find several. My best find was probably Greek Peachy that I found in Value Village (in Canada!) for $4. My favorite would probably by So Soft Paradise. She is sooo white and her flocking is mint, she's just gorgeous. I got a really nice lot on Kijiji I think last summer. It had the Show Stable, Lullaby Nursery, Waterfall, Pretty Parlour, lots of accessories including items for Dream Castle but sadly she threw out her Dream Castle before finding the rest of her childhood collection and deciding to sell them. Also about 20 ponies were in the lot. Nothing rare but lots that I didn't have. My best find ever was finding 3 UK Care Bears in mint condition in Value Village for $2 each. That was the find of a lifetime. All in all, I collect a lot of 80's toys and any find in the wild is a treasure.  :)

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 10:51:24 AM »
Do pony stories count stories about ocs cause me and a friend wrote some aweomse stories about a little orphan filly together. Or do you only want stories of pony finds?

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 11:18:25 AM »
Probably all my pony luck was used up in one shot when I won Sweet Scoops (MO) for an amazing buy now on ebay. I shook for about an hour after I won her. I nearly got her again with her charm a few weeks ago - but I was beaten to the buy now by nano seconds (my purchase was processing, only to come up with 'error: item is no longer available'...) I quite literally screamed at the computer and fumed for about four days afterward... but whoever got her, congrats to you  :P

Also got four TAF babies in a lot on a buy now on ebay too. I could never afford these ponies ordinarily, so to have won them by chance was just amazing :)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
Do pony stories count stories about ocs cause me and a friend wrote some aweomse stories about a little orphan filly together. Or do you only want stories of pony finds?

ALL THE PONY STORIES!! If it's Pony and it makes you smile, that's all that's required :D Any gen, any pony, any story, as long as it's a happy one!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal