collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which ponies do you find hard to sell?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Which ponies do you find hard to sell?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 05:32:58 AM »
Schooltime ponies except for Paintingtime and Sunshine ponies (except for Shoreline and Seaflower of course). Especially if they are not in perfect shape *sigh*

Yeah I noticed that too. Why is Painting Time so rare?

I honestly don't know. I've only had two in hands in all these years of collecting, one of them missing her tail :D maybe she wasn't sold that often for whatever reason.
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 10:04:51 AM »
G3's are ridiculously hard to sell. I have some I need to re-home but i am just thinking about donating them.

Before you go donate them, maybe try posting a thread on the arena for those of us who do really love them? Maybe offer them for super cheap or free if we pay shipping that way you know they're going to a good home.

I personally love G3 and would hate for them to wind up going to a place that wouldn't love them  :cry:

Same! I second this :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »
G3's are impossible! I have an easier time selling G4 pinkie pies!

this x100

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:17 AM »
Oh, and Dance'n Prance ponies! Nobody seems to want them :(
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 11:07:05 AM »
I have had some G3s for a long time. They are super common so that takes me. Sadly I do not buy much, as I feel prices have gone WAY up. I have seen som G1s with hair cuts and damage go for more then a rare hard to find pony of any generation. I would by more if I could justify some of the pricing.

I so want to complete my set of ballerina ponies.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 12:43:40 PM »
I find that anything I  have to sell locally is the biggest pain ever. 
Doesn't even matter if it's uncommon, if someone has to drive to my house and pay me in cash, I swear it's such a nightmare...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »
G3's are ridiculously hard to sell. I have some I need to re-home but i am just thinking about donating them.

Before you go donate them, maybe try posting a thread on the arena for those of us who do really love them? Maybe offer them for super cheap or free if we pay shipping that way you know they're going to a good home.

I personally love G3 and would hate for them to wind up going to a place that wouldn't love them  :cry:

I actually thought about doing that here.

We've been getting a lot of visitors here lately due to a family incident and some of them have little girls. I thought about cleaning the G3's up and giving them to the kiddos if they want them. I gave one little girl three G4's and a very loved Princess Tiffany whom I recently upgraded (she's past the age of putting things in her mouth so I don't think the old plastic is an issue....I think she was 7 or 8) and she was thrilled and her parents were really happy too.  I don't want kids of my own and I've never been fond of kids but it was kind of fun spoiling them. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
Early G1's are far more common than the later years.  It's only anecdotal evidence since we don't have the sales figures, but everyone seems to have the same experience.   You'll find dozens of early ponies to every one or two from the tail end of the generation.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 08:26:56 PM »
I find the first-set flutter ponies hard to sell, and I'm not really sure why. It's probably a combination of a) they're fairly common and many people have them already, and b) probably, like sea ponies, they're just not some people's cup of tea. It's a shame, because I think they're really pretty.

I gave one little girl three G4's and a very loved Princess Tiffany whom I recently upgraded (she's past the age of putting things in her mouth so I don't think the old plastic is an issue....I think she was 7 or 8) and she was thrilled and her parents were really happy too.  I don't want kids of my own and I've never been fond of kids but it was kind of fun spoiling them. :)
Aww, that's awesome!

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 05:14:15 AM »
Oh, and Dance'n Prance ponies! Nobody seems to want them :(

Oooh I love dance and prance. I still need a lit of them. Only have 2 so far.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 06:18:35 PM »

I third this

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 08:19:42 PM »

I third this

Hm..  I wonder if we should actually start a thread on this?  Something like a general cheap pony trade/sell thread for the ponies that we have trouble selling.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 01:15:31 AM »
I think most of the year 1-3 releases are the hardest to sell. Lately, I've been having a hard time selling any g1 pony. I have a nice Oakley the moose that was priced between what he sold for recently on ebay with no bites :( Most buyers now want pristine condition ponies which is hard considering these are 30 + year old play toys. I have to put them into lots just to break even. I've tried here, Facebook and ebay. I guess everyone is still broke from the holidays. Kind of frustrating considering it's the only source of spending money at the moment so I can afford to buy the other few items on my want list. I do lots for the more common ones just to move them and try to price reasonably. Even offering to foreign buyers is hard when you factor in the shipping being so darn expensive so no one wants to bother buying. I can't keep paying ebay fees just to relist stuff over and over again. I'm hoping tax season will be better.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 11:46:00 PM »
I find that anything I  have to sell locally is the biggest pain ever. 
Doesn't even matter if it's uncommon, if someone has to drive to my house and pay me in cash, I swear it's such a nightmare...

Aw, that sucks.  Don't many people in your area have paypal?  Selling locally is really hit-and-miss.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:49:43 AM by daffodil101 »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 12:47:23 AM »
Huh, I always see the the later years go for much higher prices, and the earlier years never move. Odd.

I find g3s and g4s especially hard to move.

I thought this would be the case too!! I hope it's changed, my sales box is mostly early ponies!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal