collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cream for lightening/removing ink stains  (Read 677 times)

AbrielleRose

• Trade Count: (0)
Cream for lightening/removing ink stains
« on: January 05, 2017, 11:50:54 AM »
I have a G1 Zig Zag with ink in her nostrils and along her lips. I have removed most of it with magic eraser, but some staining remains. What cream do you recommend for removing/lightening the stain. She is a pink pony friend and I certainly don't want to damage her color.

Thanks!

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cream for lightening/removing ink stains
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 03:33:54 PM »
Here's a useful page for cleaning http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/body.html#Cleaning
And a list of cleaning products http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,300933.msg271247.html#msg271247
If the stains are from a pen or a sharpie I'd recommend sunfading (more about it here http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380329.msg1558782.html#msg1558782). If it's paint try to rub it off with nail polisher (careful not to touch any factory paint with it! it will smudge). I'd not recommend using Remove-Zit on a pink pony as it can discolor her.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »
I'd say a zig-zag  wouldn't work well with any cream, because of her colour. I'd have a crack at sunfading, but be careful.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »
I'd not recommend using Remove-Zit on a pink pony as it can discolor her.

Remove-Zit should not be used on any pony. It keeps working long after you wash it off and can spread to other ponies. Not worth the risk.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »
You need to sunfade!  DO NOT use any kind of cream!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »
No creams, ever, on ANY colour of pony. 
The number of horror stories that come from ignorant application of bleaching chemicals grows every year.  Knowledgeable collectors frequently won't buy anything from anyone who's used such products on their herd, they're that bad.  I know I wouldn't.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 11:43:41 AM »
I generally disregard any refurbish/repair/restore site that says to use zit/bleach creams of any kind on ponies cause that is the fastest way to damage one. looks good but months later your white pony has yellow blotches >_>
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 11:53:34 AM »
The creams can effect a pony *years* later, too; better to stick to acetone and sunfading anything it won't take off.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 05:53:23 PM »
A doll-collecting friend of mine has been working with, weirdly enough - butter! Apparently the fat/salt draws ink to the surface, and it sort of speeds up the natural fading process? :O I don't think you even have to put them in the sun, but I'd have to ask him. But the before and after shots are pretty astounding!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

AbrielleRose

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »
A doll-collecting friend of mine has been working with, weirdly enough - butter! Apparently the fat/salt draws ink to the surface, and it sort of speeds up the natural fading process? :O I don't think you even have to put them in the sun, but I'd have to ask him. But the before and after shots are pretty astounding!

Wow, that wounds really interesting. I would love to learn more. I need to know more about sunfading too. The MLP Preservation Project page has a lot of helpful info, but is lacking some details on some things. Still my #1 go since I've started.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 07:38:39 AM »

You just reminded me that a looong time ago, when I was a new collector in middle school, I did put butter on a price written on Raspberry Jam's shoulder and left her out in the sun. I think I did that on my mom's recommendation. I can't remember if it worked, though :blush:

I feel like sunfading Zig Zag might discolor her, but maybe not; I've never tried. Maybe if she's not exposed to the sun at its strongest? (I live in Florida and the UV index can get pretty intense; it might be better where you are)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal