collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BOOOOOO Hasbrotoyshop  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
BOOOOOO Hasbrotoyshop
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:45:14 AM »
So I ordered a bunch of stuff from Hasbrotoyshop.  For reasons that they have not explained, Hasbrotoyshop processed my order and shipped everything out - but somehow did not actually process my paypal payment first. 

So basically their system shows the transaction as complete, and they can no longer process my paypal payment.

But of course they want to be paid. So they emailed me, asking me if I would kindly pay for my order by calling their customer service departmen or alternatively send a money order or check in to them.  (Seriously???? Doesn't this sound like a scam?  I emailed Hasbro customer service thinking this might be a phishing thing- but nope, it really is HASBRO!)

I explained to them I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to send them a paypal payment for the amount, due to their screw up, they forgot to charge me for. OR they can send me an invoice so I can pay online through credit card or paypal.   They emailed me back, "Sorry! We can't do that, because the order is already closed- but you can call or send check or money order...."

Seriously ridiculous.

(modified for clarity)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:06:19 AM by Galactica »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: BOOOOOO Hasbrotoyshop
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:00:19 AM »
Get your money back, that sounds weird. Can you send them a copy of your statements?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »
Get your money back, that sounds weird. Can you send them a copy of your statements?

No they are correct- they never actually processed a paypal transaction.

I am actually TOTALLY fine with paying them for the merch- I mean, I don't want to get it for free- I just don't like how difficult they are making it.  The reason why I order stuff online is because I don't want to waste time on the phone or in person. It's ridiculous that I can't just make a paypal payment to them.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:26:03 AM »

No they are correct- they never actually processed a paypal transaction.

I am actually TOTALLY fine with paying them for the merch- I mean, I don't want to get it for free- I just don't like how difficult they are making it.  The reason why I order stuff online is because I don't want to waste time on the phone or in person. It's ridiculous that I can't just make a paypal payment to them.

Oh
 Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you'd paid them already and they were trying to say you hadn't.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 06:07:04 PM »
Man, Hasbro stinks.  I ordered a bunch of stuff from them recently, and while I didn't have your issue, they did toss everything in box with no packing material.  One card was was actually purposefully bend down to fit in the box.  I had to debox a bunch of stuff that I had wanted to resell because the cards were trashed.  :mad:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »
Wow. Hasbroken strikes again in a big way. x.o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »
I had something similar happen with Hasbro Toy Shop a few years ago during one of their free shipping sales, I had ordered a couple of LPS for my daughter the total was like all of $8. I paid via paypal and the payment sat around as processing for over a month before it finally vanished. I wrote Hasbro twice asking what I should do about it but never received a response.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 10:13:34 PM »
OMG this happened to me too, but years ago! :O I made some order from their store, and they canceled it with an email, I think. I called the hotline, and they informed me that I still owed them payment - from an exclusive I'd bought on the site like a year ago!! It sort of boggles the mind - this isn't some little rinky-dink personal seller, this is a huge company potentially losing out on tons of money in sales!! :yikes: And it's been going on for years!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 07:33:55 AM »
You bought from them with the understanding that payment was accepted via Paypal.  Those were the terms of the sale.  Through no fault of your own, they didn't process the payment.  You are still giving them the option to process the payment as originally agreed.  If they choose not to accept that, then that is their fault.  This is an MAJOR ONLINE seller.  Electronic payment is how online business is conducted.  Had you wanted to pay by check or money order, you would have bought from a local merchant.  Good luck! :) 
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 05:05:26 PM »
I have ordered a few times threw them.  They don't pack them very well and they are also very slow at shipping when you buy them off ebay. 

BryteStar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 03:03:37 AM »
Aw man this is really disappointing! I was hoping to get the blank pony they have in their online shops, but I don't want to deal with all that hassle! DX I'm sorry y'all have had such a problem with them... they are a major retailer, they should know better than to be shoddy in dealing with their most loyal customers!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 02:41:31 PM »
Yeah...no :(

While mistakes do happen and it is possible for things to be shipped without payment most big companies would accept it as their error and move on. In theory they are within their rights to demand payment of course and I am not sure how petty their process would be in order to get their money.

I would stick to my guns and insist on a paypal invoice. They have a paypal system...therefore they have the facility to do that. As long as you are offering them a method of payment and they are the one denying it, the unwillingness to complete the transaction is theirs.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 05:32:53 PM »
Sadly, because Hasbro is such a large, out-of-touch-with-technology company, I get the feeling that their reaction would be "fine, if you don't want to pay the way WE demand, then we'll take the money loss and add you to our blocked buyers list." Which, if you never want to order from them again, is fine, but also a downer if you want more ponies. :/ It just sucks that they can't move into the 21st century, it seems?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 02:31:38 PM »
That's really junky of them, to be honest. You held up your end of the deal and you aren't refusing to pay at all. Agreed that most large companies would just admit they screwed up and would let it go. I really can't believe that they're trying to pull this on you in 2016. It just seems like such an archaic way to deal with this. Instead of making a customer happy by simply saying "You know, you're right. We messed up. The system won't allow us to invoice you via Paypal, so enjoy your order, it's on us." they went the inconvenient route that would likely leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth every time they see a Hasbro product.

But this is totally their own fault. You agreed to Paypal and you didn't do anything wrong, so they should take it or leave it. :huh:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 05:23:57 PM »
Some good points Cat and Cook-

Maybe if I complain on their facebook page or something they will actually respond rationally. Complaining via social networking sites seem to be the only way of getting these guys attention sometimes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal