collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC for nearly complete g3, g4 collections; several hundred g1s  (Read 1760 times)

Offline chelletay

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://chelletay.net
Hi everyone! I'm looking to get out of collecting MLPs (with the exception of just a few). I have nearly completed g3, g4 collections (minus a few of the newer ones and duplicates), and several hundred g1s in varying conditions, all ponies outside of packages. I have several g1, g3 (nearly complete), and g4 playsets (nearly complete), as well as misc. products ( g3 coloring books, books, g3 giant plush Frilly Frocks, etc.).

Since this is a massive collection, I'm not wanting to sell individually. Is it possible to sell the entire collection in bulk? If so, what is a reasonable offer for the entire collection? Is a bulk collection someone would potentially buy?

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
Re: PC for nearly complete g3, g4 collections; several hundred g1s
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:49:37 PM »
I know it's easier to sell as a lot but as a collector I'm sure you know it's really difficult to put a price on a collection when it's not itemized. I'm sure plenty of collectors would love to buy several hundred g1s (myself included!) but without knowing which ones they are, and what condition they are in... It's a tough sell.

Could you give us a list of your collection? Or at least, tell us with your g3s and g4s what ponies you don't have in your nearly complete collection (including internationals)? Super interested in the g1s you have  ;)

:biggrin:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:03:26 PM »
It will be difficult to sell in bulk as most people just don't have that much disposable income at once. What you might do is go through each generation and put them together in "lots" if you want to sell in groups instead of single ones. When I sold off my Breyer models I put them in groups of ten and made sure to put some less common/more expensive Breyers in each group. I did the same thing with my Fashion Star Fillies. That way I wouldn't be selling them singly with people just buying the less common ones and me being stuck with the easy to find ones no one wanted. You could go through yours and group them like that in smaller groups possibly?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hellapostalia

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Hello sweetie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 08:14:24 PM »
Great suggestion Maddie!  :)
:biggrin:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:06 PM »
I think you'll have zero luck finding someone to buy an entire collection of ponies. :/ Depending on what you have that could be thousands of dollars worth (a LOT of money to pay at one time), not to mention all the space it would take up in someone's house...and how much would it cost to ship it all? As suggested above you'll do best by selling in smaller lots. You won't get the full value, but it will be much easier and less time consuming than trying to sell individually, and you'll be able to find buyers (though the G3s may be a little harder to rehome than the other gens).

Anyway, good luck! I don't know you but it's always a little sad to see a collector move on.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 02:36:00 AM »
i wouldn't sell the all at once  as people have said not want would have that much money so i would may be sell them in lots of say 10 or sets e.g. precious gem pony set i think you will have more luck that way :) but I'm sad you are not going to be collecting any more xaflame

lunawolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 07:58:08 PM »
I sold my collection in bulk, but it wasn't easy and I took about half it's value.

I didn't have a choice, had to sell.  But I didn't get many offers for them as a bulk collection. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 09:33:41 PM »
It's going to be extremely difficult to sell all the ponies as one big lot.  Especially since it comprises multiple generations, and a lot of people only collect one or two generations.  You won't be able to sell them for anything near full value.

Also G3s in particular are hard to move right now.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Cybil

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 04:22:43 AM »
Hi, do you have can 3' frilly frocks for sale in your collection?  Willing to pay freight and shipping to Australia...........  Thank you  :)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 08:07:15 AM »
Selling in bulk would be too much... :s I don't know anybody who can drop money easily on a collection in one go O.o
I would do individually for the HTF/rare ponies and lots for the common ones :)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 01:50:24 PM »
First, you never know until you try. I'd attempt locally at first, free classifieds- have a price in mind for each collection G3 together, G4 together, G1 together. You'll get an answer if that can work in your area or not. :)

Just because most collectors couldn't visualize dropping 5K -10K plus and having the space for that much at once, doesn't mean there are not those out there with that kind of cash and space to throw around and would jump at the chance of saving that work collecting a piece at a time. (read about sales of entire Nintendo collections!).

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 02:21:22 PM »
How about a pony meet at your house? A little like a yard sale, a little like a pony festival!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
It will be sad to see you leave, Chelletay.  :(  You've been part of the MLP collecting community for so many years... 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 10:40:19 PM »
If there's a vintage collectibles shop near you, maybe they would buy the whole collection?  But you probably wouldn't get their full value, similar to selling to another collector.

I always hate seeing long timers sell off their collections.   :cry:

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

GypsyTails

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2016, 06:03:29 PM »
I concur with everyone else. It would be very complicated to sell in it's entirety AND get anything near it's true worth. Most collectors with that kind of money aren't looking for commons anymore, at best someone might buy it to split up and resell for a profit. I like the pony party suggestion!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal