collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What pony flaw do you dislike the most? (choose up to 3)

Plastic breakdown brown spots (cancer)
78 (20.9%)
Plasticizer leakage (stickiness)
29 (7.8%)
Plastic breakdown - regrind
14 (3.7%)
Majesty Brown Head Syndrome (body or head turn brown)
25 (6.7%)
Head-body color mismatch (same color, off shades)
40 (10.7%)
Regrind
11 (2.9%)
Saddle sores (often "pink highlighter")
8 (2.1%)
Mold
29 (7.8%)
Ink marks (including hoof initialing)
13 (3.5%)
Chew marks (including chewed horns)
52 (13.9%)
Symbol rub / glitter loss
6 (1.6%)
Haircuts
26 (7%)
Frizzy / dry hair
10 (2.7%)
Blush rub
0 (0%)
Rust (incl. tail washers, BBEs, sea pony weights)
15 (4%)
Missing parts (incl. flutter pony wings)
8 (2.1%)
Factory flaws (symbol misprints, hair problems, etc)
3 (0.8%)
Faded hair (including fading pink gone white)
0 (0%)
Other
7 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author Topic: What pony flaw do you dislike the most? Vote and discuss!  (Read 5871 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: What pony flaw do you dislike the most? Vote and discuss!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »
Hi.  I picked the that irretrievably damage the appearance - brown/cancer spots, Majesty brown head syndrome and head/body mismatch.  Everything else on that list I can fix to some extent or ignore! 
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »
For me, it would have to be cancer, mold and chew marks. I haven't personally encountered all three yet (only cancer spots) but these are the ones that would make me deny buying a pony. Almost everything else can be fixed or overseen in my opinion.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »
Age spots - you can dress up those ponies in fashions, but then there's dye transfer... and exposure to UV light makes it all worse...  *dreary Goth sigh*

It can depend on the position of the age spots and the pony, but I have stopped trying to upgrade in some cases and customised the pony I already have instead.  This is partly because it feels like  fighting a losing battle against entropy and partly because I noticed that ponies in my collection don't tend to get any worse.  Sprinkles appealed to me more customised with bubbles, plus I got to change the shade of her symbols to something that I think looks nicer with her hair and body colour: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:45:12 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »
The flaws I cannot abide are
- The dreaded age spots
- Chews (I would not be able to get the notion of germs out of my mind...)
- Serious hair cuts, as I can't do rehairs; minor hair cuts are okay, if they're not overly noticable though

Sticky plastic doesn't bother me too much because I've found that giving the pony a careful wash with some warm soapy water solves the problem easily enough - or at least it did with my Main Sail, her plastic is rock hard but it's not sticky anymore, which is fine by me! Likewise, I'm okay with frizzy hair because it's an easy fix. I don't mind faded hair either, but that's mainly because I'm not particularly a fan of pale pink! :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 01:34:06 PM »
Those brown cancerous spots. You just can't do anything about them...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 01:53:21 PM »
I picked cancer spots, head-body mismatch and other-for discolouration.  My favourite thing about ponies is their bright colour.  Hair can be replaced if it's dire, but nothing can bring back say, Sugar Apple's or Blueberry Basket's soft blue once it's gone a bit brown!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 02:12:24 PM »

I had a perfect Quackers (with silky hair, which is not easy to find on her) get huge, awful brown splotches over her entire body within a period of few years.  It was horrible.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 03:40:44 PM »

I had a perfect Quackers (with silky hair, which is not easy to find on her) get huge, awful brown splotches over her entire body within a period of few years.  It was horrible.

My Quackers is lovely and has gorgeous hair, but she has a huge age spot on her DS, fortunately her hair covers it up.. Aside from a few, if a pony is prone to that, I probably will pass on them all together, especially if they can't be hidden..

Offline Harabel

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »
I picked Head-body color mismatch, Chew marks and Haircuts because the color mismatch really bother me it doesn't has how to fix, chew marks is what I most dislike (bleerhg) and hair cuts just if they were very invasives.  >_<

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 04:04:53 PM »
Chew marks are number one.  Stop eating your toys kids.  My second would be mold inside ponies.  I know you can clean it but I'd rather not.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 04:42:20 PM »
The other thing I really hate is faded hair. Was that on the poll? I didn't see it.

I forgot that one! Added it! I am always saddened by a white-haired Posey . . .
Ok :D I can't vote again, so consider that my wildcard fourth. Posey and Kiss Curl are particularly horrible with that yellow white faded look. The only pony that looks reasonable with the fade is Tornado - my sister actually prefers him that way and never wanted a pink haired one. Otherwise, meh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 05:15:45 PM »
Flaws that can't be fixed: age spots. Ugggh. They get worse, can't be hidden easily.

Flaws that can be fixed: frizzy hair. I'm a sucker for silky smooth hair to the point that I'll love a pony with mold or age spots if she has awesome hair.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »
Age spots - you can dress up those ponies in fashions, but then there's dye transfer... and exposure to UV light makes it all worse...  *dreary Goth sigh*

It can depend on the position of the age spots and the pony, but I have stopped trying to upgrade in some cases and customised the pony I already have instead.  This is partly because it feels like  fighting a losing battle against entropy and partly because I noticed that ponies in my collection don't tend to get any worse.  Sprinkles appealed to me more customised with bubbles, plus I got to change the shade of her symbols to something that I think looks nicer with her hair and body colour: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh, that is beautiful and so cute! What a creative idea! She looks so gorgeous with her makeover!

I had chew marks selected, but then chose missing parts, because I was picturing the chewing being so horrible that pieces were gone. Gah. And I chose rust. I know it's an easy fix for some, but I just don't feel comfortable tearing my Ponies apart. And mold is just gross.

Aside from those flaws, I pretty much take things on a case-by-case basis. Age spots are not fun, but I did buy a 4-Speed with some that are mostly in concealed spots. I gave him a cloth bandage to hide the others. Plasticizer leakage is also aggravating, and I wouldn't buy a Pony with it, but oddly enough, my Ponies haven't suffered from that yet. Some figures made far more recently have been going through it, though. Ugh.

I prefer not to buy Ponies with haircuts, but I have a few of those too. And I know at least one reason why haircuts happen: I was always taught to keep hair out of my eyes so I could see properly. So when I got Ponies with hair in their eyes, well, for me the logical thing to do was to trim the piece hanging in their eyes so they could see. I wish I hadn't done it now, but that was my reasoning as a six-year-old.

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2015, 06:46:43 PM »
Cancer spots, and chew marks. Mostly because you have to be creative with cancer lol but the chew marks what gets me is how did you not notice your dog/pet or child chew off a horn or a leg?! Not to mention the poor creature trying to pass it.... O_O

Otherwise my other strong dislike is cigarette smoke. Makes you wonder if that stinky pony has tar inside. >_<

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2015, 10:52:52 PM »
Head/body mismatched...sticks out like a sore thumb.  Can't hide it no matter which way you display the body.  The other two, most people have commented on.  As for chewed/missing body parts, that would be my fourth one.  BUT...if it wasn't for a gnawed on nose/mouth, I never would have been able to afford the Rapunzel I have now!   :satisfied:
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal