collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 32908 times)

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2015, 03:06:41 PM »
Gorgeous ornaments. I remember pictures of the wands being posted last year, they are so unique!
My ornaments are all packed away in the loft at the moment but I think my favourites are a little pink fairy that has always been on the tree since I was little ~ my Mum gave her to me a few years ago, and the disney Winnie the Pooh set I got when we first went to Florida in 2004. I also love the G1 cotton candy ornament as that is the only pony one I own!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2015, 03:41:48 PM »
Yay I am in! :D

Ok before I answer the questions, my first one is there a limit to how many ornaments I can include? I would love to send my recipient at least 3 different ones (2 MLP custom ornaments and 1 pet ornament, would need picture of pet).

1. What colours do you prefer:

Green is my favorite, would love anything with holiday themed colors though.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

Please no religious ornaments.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

Santa, reindeer, candy canes, snowflakes, anything really!

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

The only type of candy  dislike is licorice, anything else, just surprise me!

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

Either or is fine with me.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

Don't mind at all.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

MLP, Star Trek, Jem and the Holograms, WW2 stuff..

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Nope

Here is a tease for a bit of what I can do, not sure the rules but I can make a specific pony if I know which one. http://imgur.com/a/Mk1gE
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2015, 12:56:53 AM »

Ok before I answer the questions, my first one is there a limit to how many ornaments I can include? I would love to send my recipient at least 3 different ones (2 MLP custom ornaments and 1 pet ornament, would need picture of pet).

There is no ornament number limit, rather a box value limit.  Which is $15.  Some people in the swap would prefer you spend all that on one, some would rather get a tonne of things for that $15. 

Offline RandomPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2015, 06:43:28 AM »

1. What colours do you prefer:

Green is my favorite, would love anything with holiday themed colors though.

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

Please no religious ornaments.

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

Santa, reindeer, candy canes, snowflakes, anything really!

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

The only type of candy  dislike is licorice, anything else, just surprise me!

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

Either or is fine with me.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

Don't mind at all.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

MLP, Star Trek, Jem and the Holograms, WW2 stuff..

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Nope

Here is a tease for a bit of what I can do, not sure the rules but I can make a specific pony if I know which one. http://imgur.com/a/Mk1gE

Yes! Just like what xeevee had said your limit is only $15 but however if you want to spend more that up to you. But before you make
any homemake ornaments make sure your partner is ok with them though. You do have two people that do not want homemade ornaments.
:frolic:

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2015, 07:02:05 PM »
Updated my questions on page 3!

I'm loving all the ornament pictures and people's descriptions of their favorite ornament (what an excellent question!). I may have to take a few pictures when my tree is up (which my roommates won't let happen till the day after Thanksgiving, haha). I also didn't know Alivan made ornaments. How neat!

I'm going to Disney World in three weeks, and I'm so excited! They will have up a lot of their Christmas stuff, and I will get to see the last year of The Osborn Festival of Lights.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2015, 09:40:28 PM »
I have so many ornaments it's hard to choose a favorite!!

I love this one:

And the one Maddie had made of my doggies last year is a huge favorite. And I have one for my dog who passed away that is special to me.

I also love my TARDIS and dalek ornaments. It's hard to pick a favorite!!

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2015, 12:07:33 AM »
Thanks for responses you two! Sorry about any confusion on my end, I guess I was  just a bit overexcited :p I understand the rules now in full.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2015, 12:28:36 AM »
Just checked out CapnChan's link -- wow, even more beautiful pony ornaments. :)

I know that several people have done pet ornaments in past swaps from looking back, so here's a question that may save someone some trouble once we get going...

Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of?

If I get matched with someone who wants to do a pet ornament, I'd love one of my Shih Tzu, Coco. I will attach some pictures of him to my main post for the swap so they can easily be found.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline RandomPony

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap - 2 days left to sign up!
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2015, 07:41:20 AM »

For this question, I would say my long lost baby girl who pasted away in 2013 here's her picture...

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2015, 08:09:17 AM »

For this question, I would say my long lost baby girl who pasted away in 2013 here's her picture...

She was a beautiful girl. We don't have any pets at the moment and I had never thought of posting a picture of Scully, who was our dear old girl that also past away in 2013. I would love an ornament dedicated to her

Edit: Here is a photo
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:13:07 AM by icecreamgirl »
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline RandomPony

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2015, 08:16:49 AM »

She was a beautiful girl. We don't have any pets at the moment and I had never thought of posting a picture of Scully, who was our dear old girl that also past away in 2013. I would love an ornament dedicated to her

Edit: Here is a photo

Thank you! :3 I miss her still everday! Scully was a very pretty girl too!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2015, 12:21:35 AM »
Yah! got accepted.
1. What colours do you prefer: i like warm tones, but love gradients the most. (colors blending into the other)

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?: i guess we have alot of Religious ones already, and well i display mine all year long, so probably not

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)? no santas, i tend to get characters or things i like

4. What candy do you like or dislike? i like dark chocolate, especially citrus flavors. i also like tea. no licorice or things with flour or wheat.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? I think i'd prefer one amazing one.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)? probably best to avoid glass ones.

star wars(rebels too), spiderman, hawkeye, i have a whole list of my favorite shows comics etc in my "swap" link in my sig. and yes i would love it if it was reflected.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)? not that i know of.

Group Questions

Favorite Licensed Characters?How to train your dragon, spiderman, star wars, dug(up), disney dogs, see complete list in the "swap" link in my sig
Favorite Animals? dogs (especially small white ones that look like mine)
Handmade Items? sure, sounds awesom
Do you have Pets? yes one maltese/poodle.
Allergies?wheat and flour
Extras? dog toy for my puppy
Anything for family members? sticker or something small that's either ponies or hamster for my niece is cool. labeling it for her is even better.
How do you celebrate the Holiday Season? Christmas. we get together with family, do lots of games etc
Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area? i love dried (or crunchy) Yatsuhashi from japan, but it's harder to find....
Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?i love tea, and trying new flavors is the best part
Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)no thank you. i'm gluten free so it can be tricky
Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Bittys?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ ) these are so cute!! i currently have chewbacca and tramp, so more are welcome
Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/ they are cute, but i don't know what i'd do with one.
Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? (What are these?: http://shop.hallmark.com/all-itty-bittys/?prefn1=ittyBittys&prefv1=Ornaments again cute, but i prefer them fluffy
Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain? either is fine.
Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?i haven't bought an ornament in over 2 years, so if it's a more recent release, no i wouldn't have it.
Who are your favorite ponies? Twilight, flash sentry, Sunset shimmer and pinkie pie
What countries do you like treats from? Japan
Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of? i love anything made to look like my dog. she might be the best part of my life. again i have pictures in the "swap" link. she's my boo.
if you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see.
Spoiler
most recent pics-

She is a Maltese Poodle, but she's too wild to let her hair grow out.
our puppyvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Dog toys or bisciuts for my dog.[/b] i love my dog and spoil her with toys. she can have some biscuits regularly, but most richer treats she gets once or twice a week. (example beggin strips) trying to switch her to more natural treats, which can be expensive so i don't expect any of those. she love the milk bone minis.
How do you feel about Halloween candy? so k with me
Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree? mini or midsize. but the ornament(s) i get will probably hang on my wall or on a shelf all year
Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy? i'm ok with etsy. i just ask. no pink please.
Would you like to link to any social media so we can get a better idea what you are like/pics of pets, etc (you of course do not have to do this if you feel uncomfortable doing so).

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:42:31 PM by rosierjay »

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2015, 02:23:06 AM »
I neeeed to add pictures of my ornament soon! x3 I can at least add a picture of Miku while I go pull out some ornaments! I wonder if there are ferret ornaments out there?
Spoiler

Her eyes are actually pink, not red, which is so adorable! She acts like a silly little princess. When out in public she behaves sitting on my lap and walking with me all elegantly at the park but at home she bounces off everything LOL!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2015, 02:26:03 PM »

If I get matched with someone who wants to do a pet ornament, I'd love one of my Shih Tzu, Coco. I will attach some pictures of him to my main post for the swap so they can easily be found.
I probably mostly covered this question in my post where I mention my pets a lot, but yes, I'd love ornaments of any of them! Which leads me to my question:

Do you have a link to share of a site where you have pictures of your collections, tree, pets, or anything else you want us to see (something like Instagram or Flickr)?

I have an instagram, linked in my signature, and you can see lots and lots of pictures of my pets, my collections, and other interests there. :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2015, 06:20:06 PM »
I've got the questions that are all on the front page answered at this link
http://myothercarisaunicorn.weebly.com/2015-mlparena-ornament-swap-list.html

I'll add it to my signature soon as well

Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal