collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: feeling a bit torn  (Read 1813 times)

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
feeling a bit torn
« on: July 03, 2015, 02:40:44 AM »
Ok so I'm not sure what to do here, I currently have 2 sets of mlp G1 bedding on ebay and currently both have a bid by the same buyer. I looked at her feedback and noticed that she is a craft store and seems to make things our of vintage fabric.

Here's my dilemma. I'm not sure if I want to sell the items to somebody who is going to tear them up and make new items out of vintage collectibles. The bedding is hard to find as it is. What would you guys do?

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: feeling a bit torn
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 04:01:39 AM »
I think if you're selling it, it's up to the buyer to do what they want with it.  :huh: sorry if that seems blunt... I guess you can cross your fingers and hope they don't win? I don't know how selling on eBay works but don't you have to honor the winning bid?

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 04:37:40 AM »
yep at the end of the day,
no matter what the item is  once its sold   you  really  don't have say over what or how its used.

that can be a hard truth  i know  but    its something to take  into account when selling anything really.

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 04:43:21 AM »
Yeah I agree with both statements but I'm more thinking if I should contact the bidder and explain I'm removing the items to sell here on the arena to collectors. It just seems a waste of a collectible :(

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 04:57:04 AM »
i wounder if you could remove the   item     under the  "error in listing"  thing.

and just not   put  it back up on ebay. 
it might be a bit  shady doing it that way   but     who's to say the bidder will react kindly to  you saying 
"sorry but    I want to make sure the items will be going to collectors"

that in its self  might  be a violation of  ebays   terms   and conditions .
its a bit of a pickle.       

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 05:09:52 AM »
ahh very true. I might just have to lump it and hope somebody outbids as there are a few watchers. Thanks for the advice though guys, really appreciated!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 05:13:12 AM »
That would be a bummer if it was re-purposed. It really is lovely fabric. But as others have said once it's sold they can do as they wish with it. There's a reason why I won't sell on ebay and that's a good example. I suppose you could pose this question over in Trader & Classifieds Support and they may know better if there's a way to pull the auction.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 07:01:20 AM »
I just got up and have no way of making this sound diplomatic.  Well it is against Ebay policy to end an auction prematurely if it has bids on it.  Seller's regret is irrelevant here.  You take the risk when you list the item for sale.  If you didn't want to take the chance that a buyer could craft with it, or use it for dog bedding or even set it on fire, then the Arena might have been a better avenue of sale.  You chose the exposure of the Ebay marketplace, anyone can buy your item and do whatever they want with it.  It would be unfair to cancel the auction now.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 07:23:35 AM »
Usually I wouldn't even think about it, im guessing its more due to the fact i have to sell rather than wanting to sell. Thanks for  all the info guys and squirmy i appreciate the bluntness :)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 08:00:53 AM »
Maybe the buyer only uses damaged fabric for their creations?
Could you add the bidder to your block list to prevent them from placing future bids if they get outbid?

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »
Maybe the buyer only uses damaged fabric for their creations?
Could you add the bidder to your block list to prevent them from placing future bids if they get outbid?

That seems pretty unfair...  I'd be furious if I was blocked  from bidding when I hadn't actually done anything wrong... is that really what the block feature is for?  :huh:

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »
I agree on the replies on this tread

Maybe in the future you could add "vintage" or "collectors item" to your listings? that way maybe people who wants to make crafts will think twice before buying?

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
Yeah, seems you can't cancel the auction now, but it's possible someone will outbid this person. It's also possible that she just wants it to collect it, the same as us ^.^ We can hope for the latter.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 10:43:44 AM »
If someone outbids them, immediately block the buyer.  A seller doesn't need a specific reason to block someone.  If they ask you can honestly say you were uncomfortable with the thought of the cloth being cut up.

For what it's worth, I looked at eBay and apparently you don't need a specific reason to end an auction, as long as there are 12 or more hours left on it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

"Reason:  The item is lost, broken, or otherwise no longer available for sale."  No longer available for sale seems like it would cover just about everything.  (Also acceptable: "You made a mistake when creating the listing.")

HOWEVER--if you go this route, do not mention anything about selling the bedding on a different site in your eBay PMs.  Just say 'no longer available for sale.'
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:50:42 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 11:44:34 AM »
Thanks for all the replies guys, Ive decide to let the auction run as I would personally find it unfair if somebody cancelled a bid I had placed. Hopefully a collector will come through :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal