collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thoughts on this G1 Flutter Morning Glory? Prototype/Factory Flaw or Rehair?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
Morning Glory was re-released with Wind Drifter in the same set. I agree that the tail can be replaced  without removing the head.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Wow, I knew about the Princess and Happy Tail oddballs, but I didn't know there were oddball Flutters as well! :o G1's so full of mysteries and new things to discover, hee.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
It's so cool with all my years of collecting I still see oddities like this varient pop up!! If anyone recalls the old thread I would adore the chance to read up on them!

congrats on such a unique pony!!

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
Wow, what a cool little variant! I think that vibrant green tail gives her lots of character. If I had one of these "half-finished" flutters, she'd be a treasured keepsake! :heart:

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone!!  I am glad I rediscovered her in my collection, and now know more about her too :)  I definitely want to read more about the oddball flutters in the past threads
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
As Gaspode said she is a variant :)

After the MLP line finished random princess, flutter and happy tails ponies were created and sold in the UK in pound shops or cheap shops. They were often put in the wrong box as well. Mail orders and other oddities were sold in plain bags with card board ticket saying "My Little Pony" on the top.

The flutter variants mostly have missing wing holders and odd manes and tails. They look broken, which is why they often slip under the radar.

Here is link to the nirvana gallery where you can see one MIB :)

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=471291

Love pkw xxx

Is that how they came to be?  Wow, I didn't know that!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

I have seen a double box! Two maneless wonders (both Honey Suckle) in Princess Pearl's box (Princess Pearl rather than Princess Tiffany), with two brushes a blue butterfly and a blue daisy (because that is what manesless ponies need) a pink ribbon AND a yellow princess hat.

Love pkw xxx

I think that's what is called British irony ;) Two brushes and no hair. Priceless.

I ahve this feeling that Bobbie might have had a surfeit of brushes, too. I have this distinct memory of seeing one with little hair and much hair accessoryness.

I do love the wackies. I just wish that they'd been more numerous here in the West Midlands (by which I mean, had ever appeared here at all -.-)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
The Flutter oddballs are very little known and I think most people think they are just damaged when they do turn up, so it's hard to know how many are out there.

hathorcat, do you still have a picture of the double boxed one? I could have sworn I saved a copy, but I can't find it anywhere!

I ahve this feeling that Bobbie might have had a surfeit of brushes, too. I have this distinct memory of seeing one with little hair and much hair accessoryness.

Shame on you for not remembering Ponycon 2010! :P I thought I had a picture of you and Sel with her boxed Bobbie, but she's just in the background (Bobbie, not Sel ;) ) She did indeed have a large number of brushes and no mane though.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
The Flutter oddballs are very little known and I think most people think they are just damaged when they do turn up, so it's hard to know how many are out there.

hathorcat, do you still have a picture of the double boxed one? I could have sworn I saved a copy, but I can't find it anywhere!

Shame on you for not remembering Ponycon 2010! :P I thought I had a picture of you and Sel with her boxed Bobbie, but she's just in the background (Bobbie, not Sel ;) ) She did indeed have a large number of brushes and no mane though.

AH! That was where it was! I knew it was Sel who had it, and I knew I had a photo somewhere, but I can't find the wretched thing at all, and I couldn't remember if it was Bobbie that had a ton of brushes and not much hair xD. I'm getting old >.>.  It's been a while since I went to a UK con (2011 was the last one I got to!)

Maybe the reason I couldn't find it is because I was looking in the wrong folder...(ahem).

...I wonder where I put 2010's photos O.o I only have 2011 on here, and a ton of pics of my brazilian Baby Lofty doing various silly things in my university room.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:35:21 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile

I do yes :) I ll dig it out and pm you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal