collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Let's get an idea for this year's date!  (All dates listed here are on Saturdays)

Late July (e.g. the 18th or 25th)
2 (14.3%)
Early August (e.g. August 1st, 8th, 15th)
1 (7.1%)
August 22nd (MN RenFest begins!)
2 (14.3%)
August 29th (MN State Fair - first Saturday; Furry Migration con weekend)
2 (14.3%)
September 5th (MN State Fair - last Saturday)
7 (50%)
Other dates?  Post about it!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: 2015 MN Pony Meet: September 5th in Bloomington! (FIRST PAGE INFO UPDATED 9/4!)  (Read 13457 times)

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Minnesota Pony Meet - September 5th in Bloomington, MN!
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2015, 10:27:16 AM »
My life has been absolutely chaotic the last couple months. Have I missed anything? I still plan on attending this year. I had so much fun last year I can't wait to go again.

Katie

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2015, 12:17:16 PM »
My life has been absolutely chaotic the last couple months. Have I missed anything? I still plan on attending this year. I had so much fun last year I can't wait to go again.

Katie

Lots of stuff on page 6: last year summary/meet notes, pics of hostess's outdoor entertaining space, and I began posting my "interested in" list.

Date is set for Sept 5th, host pony is Applejack (any gen), and I anticipate soon we'll firm up a start time, and begin clucking about potluck dishes, activities and contests.  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2015, 01:27:18 AM »
anyone have a g4 shining armor bait that they are looking to sell/trade? and about how much are you asking for him? (no blindbags)

0.0!! wizzer i think i just found one you have for sale on ebay... bummer it has a bid. now to stalk and sneak bid.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:29:15 AM by rosierjay »

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2015, 05:29:35 AM »
Not sure but I think this is the first potluck "I'll bring" post:

I'll bring salad! I'm on a salad kick right now, and plan to bring one with spinach, red cabbage, shredded carrots, other veggies and garnished with berry vinaigrette, nuts, cheese, and dried fruit.

Post Merge: July 27, 2015, 06:59:06 AM

And paper plates- I'll bring paper plates! Heck, napkins too.  ^.^
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:59:06 AM by ponyqueen »

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »
I'm planning on bringing food of some kind, but I'm still in the planning phase of this. I'm probably NOT bringing my adorable kid, since he's discovered ponies and how fun they are to wander off with... When I can control him with just the power of my glare, then (AND ONLY THEN) will he accompany me to a pony meet.

But we wouldn't eat him anyway, so this whole last paragraph didn't really make sense.

I'm liking the idea of buttermints right now, I've never made them so they seem like fun.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »
since i'll be coming back from japan shortly before the meet, would a japanese snack be something fun? or a side be better?

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2015, 06:32:34 PM »
So yes, I figure since this is a little more than a month away, I'd better start posting here regularly and be a good host!   :lol:

I'd like to get a head count going if that's okay with you peeps!  Just post a confirmation whether you will be coming, and how many guests you will have along with you!  I'll keep an updated post with lists - probably on the first page.

Also, foodses!  We'd better get that list going too - good thinking, ponyqueen!  I'll put you down for a salad.  rosierjay, I would LOVE some kooky Japanese treats!  I like mochi, myself.  But the more novel the food, the better, imo!  :)

I will get a master post compiled early tomorrow.  Another lil' thing I would love suggestions on is what we can do for a host pony theme.  I really like the idea of an apple dessert contest, for example.  ;)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:07 PM »
i love mochi and the like too, but things like that might not keep. i'll be back around the last week of august. wasn't sure if it was worth the risk.
i'll see what i can think of.

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2015, 02:10:44 AM »
I'm still planning on being there! :D

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »
I am planning to be there, and might have a guest with me.
I can do something with apples- maybe an "Apple Food" contest, so if someone makes an apple salad or apple main dish, it isn't excluded. Too bad our apple trees aren't bigger, I could bring home-grown apples! I'm still leaning towards buttermints, too. Mmmm, buttermint. Why isn't there a pony named Buttermint?

I'm considering selling some of my brushes and combs. I have a lot, but I don't really do anything with them. Anyone looking for combs/brushes? I'd rather bring them to the meet than try and sell them on ebay- lots of fussy details, better in real life.

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2015, 01:34:45 PM »
I love combs and brushes! I am always looking to score more for my display vases (and to match with ponies!)

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2015, 01:41:25 PM »
YES!! All the combs and brushes!! I still need lots! :D  Want my wishlist?

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »
I'll be there should have a guest as well! Also I need to talk to everyone about getting on the poster! I will send PMs soon I already have it started with people I know are coming but new people I will for sure need info!

For Sale Wants

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »
Wow, that was fast interest! I think I'll just go through them and pull out the ones I want to keep, then bring the rest and let everyone dig. I've been looking at all the STUFF in the pony room lately and trying to figure out if I want to keep amassing everything, or if I want to start to specialize a little bit. I figure combs/brushes are a safe place to start, I don't see any real regret coming from not having any of them- and if there are some I treasure, I'll just keep them.
The nice thing is that they will go to collectors- someone who will give them a good home, and I know they won't just end up at the bottom of a free box at a yard sale and then get thrown away because no one cared enough to dig them out. It's one of the fears that makes me always look in free boxes. Last weekend, I walked past a free box, got to the car, then turned around and walked back. And there was a G3 roller coaster car, right on top. Poor little thing. I saved it, or at least I saved it from the free box. My 19-month-old started driving it all over, complete with "brrrrmmmm" noises. I like to think the toy is enjoying that- that's it's whole purpose, after all, to be played with.
It appears that I feel like rambling a little bit. Sorry!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2015, 04:01:29 PM »
I am planning on being there.  With my lupus, I can never know exactly how I will be feeling that day.  I plan on preparing a few days ahead of time so I have the best chance of feeling good. I am happy to bring anything, I don't have anything particular in mind.  Maybe as time gets closer we can figure out what is missing and I can get it.  I am planning on bringing some ponies and merchandise to trade/sell.  Please let me know what I can bring/do to be helpful.  It is my first pony meet and I am so very excited!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal