collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would this Message Scare the Crap outta you as a seller?  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Would this Message Scare the Crap outta you as a seller?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
I would *not* be happy with that message either! :whoa:  As the others said, no-one forced her to bid that high and all that stuff about MOC's selling for a lot cheaper - well yeah some do. Some ponies are worth more than others . I think all collectors know that. If she didn't want to pay so much then why bid so high in the first place? :rolleyes:
Either she is super picky and worried about what she is going to get for her money (in which case why didn't she ask you a ton of questions first, and again why did she bid so high?) - ok I understand that she may be worried due to some ebay sellers dodgy descriptions but if she was so worried she needed to ask before bidding... Or she has buyers remorse as she imagined that she'd put in a whopping bid thinking it wouldn't go anywhere near that high and she would just win easy for a lower price *sigh* :(
I think I'd go with Ponyladys advice and call ebay to let them know about the situation and that rude message  (keep polite of course but do let them know you are worried) :awake:
I'm glad you have tracking on that item!
Hope all works out well in the end, please keep us updated :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »
that is so random.  Like it's some how you're fault she bid so high?  I hope the remaining part of the sale is uneventful.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »
You have gotten some awesome advice here.  Keep us updated!  If the buyer continues to be difficult I would like to add them to my Bad Trader List, because sending a threatening message like that as a response to "You have won!  You are the high bidder!" does not bode well...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »
Wow, can you please let me know who that buyer is?  She sounds nuts and I think I have an idea who she might be.  O.o

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 07:51:42 PM »
Holy Cow.... I would be thoroughly disconcerted over that, too  :huh:  I'm with the consensus. Only they are responsible for their max bid, no one else. If they are unhappy with the end price, well, they just have to wear it and think a little carefully about how much they are prepared to punch in next time.

I hope this all winds up smoothly for you!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
Why would you enter a max bid you wouldn't be happy with, and then complain to the seller about it?  I really hope this all turns out OK.  Yes, it would scare me.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 08:23:27 PM »
How dumb and annoying, he/she only has himself to blame. I'd be expecting them to try to pull some stunt to knock down the price or open a claim or something..

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 08:38:42 PM »
I'm slightly less worried now that I've talked a little more with the buyer.  I think he/she just likes to talk a lot based on our conversations so I'm *hoping* that's all this is.  *cries* It's been a horrible eBay day today.  I had another of my regulars angry with me: I closed a BIN auction early because he/she wanted to combine shipping and eBay was forcing them to pay immediately because they had other unpaid items.  (which was fine, we were waiting to combine shipping).  So I said I'd close the auction and hold the pony for her/him and then just add the cost of the pony into the shipping of the final invoice.  Well then, I send the invoice, and they're upset because they don't understand why shipping is so high.  I explained it over and over and today they finally got the package and were still upset because they didn't understand how it could cost so much to ship the package.  They were also mad because they thought the package (which also contained a MOC) was uninsured because the other ponies were shipped in with the MOC item.  I paid for the insurance MYSELF on the whole box and actually undercharged myself by accident.  They though I overcharged shipping, then lied about insurance? I seriously want to just cry right now.  That and destroy all the MOC's.  Goddess of Peep and Hudson, I don't know how you deal with this MOC drama all the time. :(  This is horrible.

Silverdawn

Post Merge: November 26, 2014, 08:49:15 PM

as long as you posted high quality pictures and listed all the possible flaws i can't see how you'd be in the wrong.
i know when i had an auction go high, i took a monkey load of extra pictures after to make sure i had evidence. oh... and picture of it in the box. and pictures of me handing it to the postman. XD he thought i was nuts.
but it can't hurt.
sorry this person is, well way to aggressive. we're here for support.

Thank you so much for this!  I am definitely going to start doing this from now on!  Ugh, I still have more MOC items to go and I'm just dreading the buyers remorse.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 08:49:15 PM by silverdawn »

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
Hang in there, I am sure it will all work out. :)  I'm pretty sure I was also bidding on the pony you are talking about.  I was surprised when I got outbid because my limit was pretty high.  It increased a few more times after that so I figured whoever was on the other end must want her pretty bad!  Hopefully your buyer will be happy with her, she looked lovely in the pictures.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »
Just a quick note: I think you might have gotten me mixed up with somebody else.  I haven't sold in any quantity for a very, very long time.  I was most active around 1998-2002 with selling and trading.  I may have even bought/sold/traded with you way back when if you're the silverdawn who created the Petite Pocket:p 

I do buy quite a bit though, and I'm no stranger to buying MOC ponies.  I was just remarking on how nobody forced your buyer to put in that bid.  What I was saying is that I'm no stranger to putting in a high bid and thinking it'll never in a million years get anywhere near it, and then finding out when the auction is over that it did indeed get up that high.  If I win, I pay without complaint though since I put in the bid.  Nobody forced me to bid.

I wish you the best of luck.  I'm also really sorry to hear you're having troubles with other buyers as well.  My ebay woes tend to come in clumps too.  Hopefully things will get better soon!   

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 02:51:19 AM »
Hopefully everything will work out ^.^ :)

and what did we learn? :) Never bid if you aren't ready pay that much

I hope that the other buyer will also understand that shipping is never cheap.. when bigger and heavier package the bigger the costs. That should be obvious to any one.

Offline silverdawn

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 08:53:41 AM »
Just a quick note: I think you might have gotten me mixed up with somebody else.  I haven't sold in any quantity for a very, very long time.  I was most active around 1998-2002 with selling and trading.  I may have even bought/sold/traded with you way back when if you're the silverdawn who created the Petite Pocket:p 

I do buy quite a bit though, and I'm no stranger to buying MOC ponies.  I was just remarking on how nobody forced your buyer to put in that bid.  What I was saying is that I'm no stranger to putting in a high bid and thinking it'll never in a million years get anywhere near it, and then finding out when the auction is over that it did indeed get up that high.  If I win, I pay without complaint though since I put in the bid.  Nobody forced me to bid.

I wish you the best of luck.  I'm also really sorry to hear you're having troubles with other buyers as well.  My ebay woes tend to come in clumps too.  Hopefully things will get better soon!   

I must be thinking of Hudsonspelican :) But yes, I'm the same silverdawn who did the petite pocket and princess accessory guide.  Both have been handed over to the Ponyland Tours creator.  I remember back when you could still see buyers, I was frequently interested in the same auctions as you, but you usually outbid me ;)  We both know good auctions when we see them! lol

Post Merge: November 27, 2014, 07:46:19 PM

Oh, and now someone is mad because a Princess Tiffany pose I sold "isn't as pictured" because it tips over when she touches it and it leans.  *ugh*  And you couldn't tell this from the picture because I supposedly took the picture "looking up".  And you guessed it: "I paid a lot of money for this so I'm very disappointed".  No possibility of buyer's remorse there. I'm giving this person return and a refund just to get rid of them.  There are sure going to be a lot of blocked people after all this is done.  I'm not allowed to curse on this board am I?  lol

Silverdawn
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:46:19 PM by silverdawn »

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 04:39:21 AM »
Ugh what a pain! there are so many buyers like that on ebay these days *sigh* it is best just to get rid of them though in as quick and as polite a way as possible (even if we feel like cursing them *grins* :P )  as if we don't then they'll just open a case on us and kick up a fuss and make more issues   :(
Selling on ebay now is soooo not like the old days eh?
 I remember being able to see who was bidding against me /buying the same stuff on evilbay too . We seemed to have less problems then - plus I liked being able to spy on the competition and know who I was up against lol   :lol:

I hope you have better buyers in the future :hug: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline silverdawn

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »
Ugh what a pain! there are so many buyers like that on ebay these days *sigh* it is best just to get rid of them though in as quick and as polite a way as possible (even if we feel like cursing them *grins* :P )  as if we don't then they'll just open a case on us and kick up a fuss and make more issues   :(
Selling on ebay now is soooo not like the old days eh?
 I remember being able to see who was bidding against me /buying the same stuff on evilbay too . We seemed to have less problems then - plus I liked being able to spy on the competition and know who I was up against lol   :lol:

I hope you have better buyers in the future :hug: 

Agreed!  I liked being able to see who was bidding because then if I had a similar item I was selling, I could contact the second highest bidders and let them know what what listed.  Now all I know is that I bid against e****o a lot ;)  And this whole, no bad feedback for buyers thing is such crap.  I WANT to know who the problem buyers are, regardless if they paid or not.  If they made a seller's life brutal with their unreasonable demands, I want to be able to block them!  But yes, I am refunding that person because I just want them gone.  Hopefully they would never bid in my auctions again but I still blocked them just in case.

Silverdawn

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 09:56:50 AM »
Wow, that's a lil snooty for my taste. I'd definitely be peeved if I saw that message, but if you're confident that you priced that pony fairly, then I'd stick to your guns. ♥
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal