collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC/ID: Cabbage Patch Doll 1999?  (Read 446 times)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
PC/ID: Cabbage Patch Doll 1999?
« on: November 24, 2014, 03:19:17 PM »
My mom picked this guy up out of a free box at a thrift store. She also pulled out a 1983 Hello Kitty doll that's probably worth around $100, so I'm wondering what this doll is worth. Disclaimer: I feel like I'm doing something wrong in posting these pictures -- the poor little guy didn't come with any clothes!

Anyway, I don't collect Cabbage Patch dolls, so I know absolutely nothing about them. Please help me identify and value this doll! (He is dirty in some spots, so advise on cleaning or lowered value would also be appreciated).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: PC/ID: Cabbage Patch Doll 1999?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
I don't think CPK are worth much nakey but that tag makes me go "Hmmmmm" and I'm not sure. You could always run him up to Cleveland and see what they have to say at the hospital. :)

Bump for you! :P Hopefully someone with some actual CPK knowledge will come around.

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:14:11 AM »
The face looks like one of the "one of a kind" versions.  But I don't know if it makes him any more valuable. 

Maybe this will help?

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Vintage-Cabbage-Patch-Dolls-Buying-Guide-/10000000177627408/g.html
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:23:38 AM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »
Hmmm... that ebay guide was an interesting read and may have given me some more clues...

I'm stumped by the fact that his face is cloth. I haven't seen any others on Ebay, etc that have cloth faces.

Post Merge: November 26, 2014, 10:20:16 AM

You could always run him up to Cleveland and see what they have to say at the hospital. :)

So, sadly, I had no idea where Cleveland is. I just looked it up and discovered that I am currently only about an hour (maybe less) away! I'm thinking I might make a little trip over there on Saturday. If nothing else it might make a fun day trip -- I invited a friend who has two young nieces so they might want to tag along.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 10:37:26 AM »
Quote from: ringwraith10
You could always run him up to Cleveland and see what they have to say at the hospital. :)

So, sadly, I had no idea where Cleveland is. I just looked it up and discovered that I am currently only about an hour (maybe less) away! I'm thinking I might make a little trip over there on Saturday. If nothing else it might make a fun day trip -- I invited a friend who has two young nieces so they might want to tag along.

Cool!! Cleveland is a neat, old town but I've never been to the hospital myself. I've wanted to go for years now and for the oddest reason none of my boys are really interested in going with me! :P

I'm not in a terribly big hurry because I know for a fact that I will come home with a $200 CPK and I'm not a collector either, really. I have one bitty black preemie and several for customizing, but they've never really called to me like some other dolls have.

Have fun!! If you come away with pictures I'd love to see!! Let us know what you find out! :momiji:

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »
It's a soft sculpted CPK right? I'm pretty sure the early ones can be as high as $100+ but later ones can go as low as $40 or so. 

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 06:58:02 PM »
It's a soft sculpted CPK right? I'm pretty sure the early ones can be as high as $100+ but later ones can go as low as $40 or so. 
Hmm, okay, that's good. I still haven't been able to find one like mine anywhere, but maybe that's because he's number 1 out of 280 (which is such a strange number)...

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »
You got a softie? Wow! Soft Sculptures aren't sold over here, I have 4 of various ages. Unless it was a special edition they just wore normal baby clothing, so he can wear whatever he wants! He can have his eyes repainted at Babyland General if needed. I'm a bit out of touch with Softie editions, ask at one of the CPK clubs like the CPKCC or Open Cabbage. What size is he? That can give softie collectors clues on what edition he was.

jess77

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 02:15:23 PM »
Great find!!! He is a soft sculpture that came direct from Babyland General hospital.  You can order them online or drive down there to pick up.  They usually sell from the hospital for between $200-$300.  However, special editions are made for holidays and such that can drive the price much, much higher.  Babyland should be able to give you some idea if he was a special edition or not.  They might also suggest how you can clean him.  Alternatively, you can also send him to the hospital for any cleaning and repairs he might need and they send him home in a t-shirt, etc. 

One of these days I hope to get there! :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:16:59 PM by jess77 »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 06:28:53 PM »
Great find!!! He is a soft sculpture that came direct from Babyland General hospital.  You can order them online or drive down there to pick up.  They usually sell from the hospital for between $200-$300.  However, special editions are made for holidays and such that can drive the price much, much higher.  Babyland should be able to give you some idea if he was a special edition or not.  They might also suggest how you can clean him.  Alternatively, you can also send him to the hospital for any cleaning and repairs he might need and they send him home in a t-shirt, etc. 

One of these days I hope to get there! :)
Wow, that is insane! I'm only about an hour from Babyland General right now, so I will definitely be bringing him there one of these days!

jess77

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
It's important to know, though, that if he doesn't have any paperwork, you won't be able to get a new copy made.  Not having the paperwork can drive his value down a bit.  Still, he is a great find.  I think they wear somewhere around 3mos size baby clothes?  Not positive though.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 04:04:57 PM »
Wondering if you went to the Hospital or not? What's the word on this little cutie?

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 01:55:32 PM »
Wondering if you went to the Hospital or not? What's the word on this little cutie?
I haven't gone to the hospital yet. I'm going to have to schedule it some time when I am up at my mom's house again. I have no idea when that will be, but I will give an update when I go! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal