collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SockThief  (Read 16041 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: SockThief
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
Ok, I don't know how to get hold of you, SockThief...I'm very glad you remembered me! :lol: I'm not angry at all, just would have liked some more communication and the photos before you send them. If you'd like to send me an email, I think there's a link in my Profile...if not, search Kijiji (like Canadian Craig's List) in Ontario under Zoo Tours. You'll be able to send a response message to the ad and I'll get your email and we'll go from there :hug:

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2014, 02:10:42 PM »
Ok, I don't know how to get hold of you, SockThief...I'm very glad you remembered me! :lol: I'm not angry at all, just would have liked some more communication and the photos before you send them. If you'd like to send me an email, I think there's a link in my Profile...if not, search Kijiji (like Canadian Craig's List) in Ontario under Zoo Tours. You'll be able to send a response message to the ad and I'll get your email and we'll go from there :hug:

She got banned so u have to get a hold of her through email :)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »
If it were indeed the same Posey, then I think the right thing to do would be to ship her to the member who bought her first in the past (Skeen?), and then refund angelponies with the full amount she paid for posey. This is, of course, my opinion.

Personally I think this is the right course of action as well. 

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2014, 03:06:02 PM »
I have told her in her ban note that if she can get in touch with us ASAP we can reinstate her to get this sorted.
I find it oddly convenient that she gets back from Chile the same day she gets banned.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2014, 04:50:19 PM »
I have told her in her ban note that if she can get in touch with us ASAP we can reinstate her to get this sorted.
I find it oddly convenient that she gets back from Chile the same day she gets banned.

I agree completely. These are the same tactics she has been using throughout this ordeal. Blaming one thing and then another, and referring to the whole thing as "drama." 

As I said, she originally said she had shipped my pony, then she said it got mixed up, then she blamed a "delivery boy" for the bad shipping, and now she is saying she's had a "family loss." Plenty of us tried to get in contact before she was banned, and she never got back with us. I PMed her weeks ago asking for a shipping refund. Never got back with me. I emailed her today asking for a shipping refund. Haven't heard back, and I don't expect to.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2014, 06:31:59 PM »
I honestly didn't think I would have to post this warning but I feel I have to. Please keep it civil, no matter what. I know this is the most bizarre situation that we have ever encountered. But we have to remain calm and find a solution  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2014, 12:01:51 PM »
angelponies- just a word of warning from a prelaw student, knowingly keeping stolen goods can be considered a crime.  I would get into contact with SockThief and request a full refund. It's not something I would personally want to get caught up in.

This is a different type of case and I do own her, I bought her. She is not stolen I sent Skeen money to be nice, she can take it or leave it, just in-case"if" this is the old posey from way back in 2011 for gosh sakes, no physical proof they are the same if we are getting all court like, it just might seem to look like her, there has to be more proof in a court of law, I went through seven years of court, and have a friend who is a lawyer, if I need an attorney, but thanks for the heads up.

Sockthief hasn't refunded me anything either anyways, not even for her tail that I opened a claim about, and if she still doesn't respond to it, I will win my case soon.

If she was originally sold to someone else and therefore is their property and  then you purchase it, it is considered stolen goods. You've already admitted to it being the same pony.  I know it sucks, but it's what is the right, moral and legal thing to do.

Ask your attorney friend. If you buy something which later turns out to be stolen what do you do.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »
Sockthief has been TEMPORARILY unbanned so she can address this thread.

Thank you SquarePeg!

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
It's not just $600 and Posey I lose. I made payments on Posey of $100 per week and since she was rare I sold other Nirvana I had in order to get her, how am I supposed to get those back????

I tried to help her out be sending her money that I don't even owe. The pony was never stolen from Skeen. What was stolen was her money. She never had the pony in her possession and it was not taken from her so it isn't technically stolen.

Thank you also to those who are messaging me words of support, you are very sweet :hug:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:05:12 PM by angelponies »

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »
Maybe if ST refunds you, you could rebuy them?  I know it's an awful situation.

SockThief

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »
Hi everybody,

I just read the whole thing, took me a while.

MLPforever: you can track your pack here: www.sepomex.gob.mx I am sorry it has taken so long. It's ok if you don't believe I shipped. When you get the ponies, you will see I did, so my conscience is clear.

On the retaliatory feedback thing, I really don't know who you guys think I am, but I see no need to anticipate yourselves to my actions. I have no need, wish or anything to leave negative feedback to "retaliate". If any of you feels I am a bad seller, that is what the feedback is for, right? To state your opinion on the transaction.

I will leave the feedback and it will be positive, why would it be otherwise?

As to the famous Posey, I really don't know what to do here.

I have talked to Stacy (angelponies) and she seems to be absolutely flustered. I feel this has escalated to levels I had never thought would be possible in a forum of this sort.

I really don't see the point in so much anger and negativity. And I think this has gotten way out of hand.

At first I thought the right thing was to refund angel and then ship the pony to Skeen. But at this point, I am unsure.

Angel did pay $600 for Posey and since the tail is not in excelent shape, she wanted a partial refund.

Then Skeen got in touch with me too, telling me to refund Stacy for the full $600. I at first thought that was the only way, but now I do not know, since in my eyes, Stacy also bought the pony.

Bullying and threats to Stacy seem to have taken place, she has refunded (?) Skeen with more than whay she paid for Posey in the past.

She felt so bad, she gave Posey away to a kid, since she doesn't want to have such stress.

What is next? I just need to understand.

Any helpful comments and aid from the mods would be appreciated.

Thanks

Marce

P.S. I want to stress the fact that Stacy has sold other nirvanas in order to get Posey. She spent a lot on Posey. I just want things to be solved and everyone to be as happy as possible.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:57:04 PM by SockThief »

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
Sockthief how did this pony come into your possession?

Thank you SquarePeg!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2014, 04:07:13 PM »
I do know also ....yes Stacy did give the Posey away.....and she did sell many rare ponies to buy her and now has none of them....I think its done...that's just my opinion....sucks for all parties involved .........

On a positive note.............

Me and SockThief are good!........all has been taken care of and I will be leaving SockThief positive feedback :)

SockThief

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2014, 04:08:30 PM »
Loa,

A person gave me the email of a man/guy who sells all sorts of vintage toys and merch from the 80s mainly.

He claimed to have many ponies. He, however, said he had no camera or anything.

He said he had mexican ponies, as well as 80s ponies. He charged me an amount of money, literally, for a bunch of miscelaneous ponies. He claimed to have "very hard to find ponies". He gets ponies from different sorts: from dumps, to private owners, to old toy stores, etc. He says he used to sell ponies at flea markets years ago. He goes by the name Coque, which is short for Jorge, here in Mexico, as far as I know.

Since he didn't ask for a crazy amount, I agreed, at the risk of getting nothing, since he has no paypal and I sent him money via money order.

I posted about it weeks ago at the nirvana forum, in case people want to see the original post I made.

That is how I got Posey and other mexicans, as well as other random toys, like polly pocket cases, care bears, and other toys i know nothing about.

I donated most anything, but the ponies.

That's the story.

Marce

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2014, 06:41:45 PM »
I have since removed the very last part of this conversation between the two of you. Please if you have anything to say to each other at this point, that you please direct it to either Loa or I and we will handle it. The bickering back and forth is not going to help solve anything right now. I also need to go to bed.  :snore:

I again will reiterate that I know this is a very stressful and awkward situation. We are working our hardest to help resolve this for both parties. Just be patient, please.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal