collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC and advice for pink hair Argie Gingerbread  (Read 1720 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: PC and advice for pink hair Argie Gingerbread
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »
Ugh...I am with everyone else with Argies its such a tough call on whether she is a legit or anything from an original rehair to a current rehair scam. :(

The obvious option is as others have mentioned is her being a head/tail swap - can your seller give you closer up pictures even of the neck seam? The colour looks super close for it being a straight out swap but I also agree if they are asking for a high price its probably worth skipping on her.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
I'm not an Argie collector for just this reason, but frankly, i'm also a bit of a risk taker when it comes to playing what i cal "Pony Roulette" True, the house wins quite a few times, but i've scored some pretty amazing AND genuine variants by taking the leap of faith!
A big part of Pony Roulette is going with your true gut, though, and not your head or heart. However, if you truly like the way she looks and she isn't too dauntingly expensive, go ahead and get her! If you're looking for an original pony as an investment to sell down the line and make money off of, though, that's when you just need to trust your instinct. Ask for as much info as you can get...where was it found, a pic of the inside of the head and backside, and go from there.
Good luck!!

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 09:36:33 AM »
Ugh...I am with everyone else with Argies its such a tough call on whether she is a legit or anything from an original rehair to a current rehair scam. :(

I have to agree.. I unfortunately was also a victim of this scam (luckily the auction ended cheaply and so I got a good deal) but after looking inside the head of my Argie Pinwheel that had purplish blue hair, I did indeed see an odd hairline and hot pink hairs leftover inside..so she was definitely rehaired.  I have been meaning to commission the talented PKW again to restore to her original hair color, but she's packed away for now and can wait.

Anyway, I agree...when in doubt, stay away.  It pains me so to say that too because I LOVE Argies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 02:07:49 PM »
It is so hard to tell sometimes, especially with Argies when you know there are ones out there that aren't legit. I would go with your gut as well, however price can factor into it as well... if it's not too expensive then it can be worth the chance sometimes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal