collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What generation did you start with?

Fakie
G1
G2
G3/G3.5
G4

Author Topic: Who started it all for you?  (Read 1547 times)

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
Who started it all for you?
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Who was your first pony?

Mine was a fakie that had a few strawberries as her symbol, but the first pony I bought for my collection was G4 Fluttershy and G4 Rarity. Since then, it has exploded into a whole lot of pony :P

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
Re: Who started it all for you?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:07:41 PM »
For me my first brushable pony was the TRU Zecora, followed by fluttershy, then twilight, then applejackā€¦..I think you get the idea.  :lol:

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:09:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure my first pony was Magic Hat (G1 Magic Message Earth Pony).  I think my mom got her for me when we were out at Roses or K-Mart. 

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:31 PM »
My first pony ever was SS Wind Whistler.  I got her for Easter before I was old enough to even understand what Easter was about. 

The pony that got me in to actual collecting, though, was G3 Sparkleworks II.  I accidentally found her when a friend from college was looking at Barbie dolls on a whim, discovered she had a magnetic foot, used her for a magnet for about two days before I decided I had to go and buy everyone else they had on the shelves.  The rest is history!

Pepinoreno

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 05:15:55 PM »
My first was twice as fancy Sugarberry. I got her for Christmas one year when I was very young. I has been in love with MLP ever since!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 05:19:24 PM »
My dad tells me that I had ponies when I was a small child, but I have no memory of them and they're not in any photos... So my first concious pony would be fashion style Rarity. :)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 05:25:12 PM »
Mine was Sprinkles and the Waterfall playset. I still have her at my parents' place, but the falls are long gone. For some reason I thought she was a seahorse and she was the only pony I'd play in the tub with along with the real sea ponies later. Apparently none of my other girls knew how to swim! :lol:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 05:26:37 PM »
I don't count my childhood ponies because I no longer have them and I don't currently collect G1 so I'd say my first ponies were the G4 mane 6. I got all of them at the same time.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 05:31:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure my first was a flocked unicorn my uber-creative 3-year-old-self named 'Horny'.  :haha:

Later that year I ended up with some Ja-Ru's and my first MLP Ruby Lips. After followed a big pile of ponies and fakies my uncle found for me.

The rest is history...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »
I said G3, because that was the generation I had when I was little that sparked my love of all things pony.  Tink-a-Tink-a-Too was my first. 

However, I suppose it would have been more accurate to say fakies now that I think of it.  Before I got Tink-a, I had a whole herd of Lanard ponies that I adored.  I still have them somewhere.  I'd love to find them. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 06:30:42 PM »
Lemme see I got a little carry case stable with two flat foot Peachy girls and a Blossom when I was six from my cousin during their yard sale. I guess that started it. Although I only ended up having around 20 ponies from my childhood and three hundredish Breyers. I think the model horses took over. :shocked:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »
I got a brush-able little Rarity and ever since then I have been hooked.........and also since then my 2 year old daughter has latched on to that little Rarity and made it hers. It looks a mess now but is well loved.

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 06:49:18 PM »
I don't remember my first pony. I remember my aunt getting me a pony set when I was in the hospital after getting my tonsils out, I think it was baby ribbon, but I can't remember who started it all.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 07:10:11 PM »
I remember as a very very little girl finding G1 Sparkle the unicorn on the kitchen table one day. To this day I don't know who bought her for me, either my dad (most likely) or one of the women in the neighborhood who always stopped by and dropped off toys and clothes and stuff since obviously in the 80's a man couldn't know how to properly raise a little girl by himself. :P Either way, Sparkler was just the first and I soon had a whole TON of G1 ponies who are still here with me today! :D
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

diamondshy

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »
I'm not sure which one to put!  It was my friend's childhood G1 horde that grabbed my interest, but my first pony was G2 Berry Bright.  Cross-generational I guess?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal