collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Minnesota Pony Meet - August 23rd - get ready!  (Read 18078 times)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Minnesota Pony Meet Planning
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
I thought about that room, but I also realized we would have a problem.  It's not really that big and there is no restroom located nearby that is open to the public.  I should have said something sooner.  Sorry guys.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »
I was really hoping to make it this year, but sadly I believe we may not be here.  I'm due April 30th with our fourth baby, and we're in the process of planning a move to Arizona.  :'(  If it were June, I would possibly be able to attend, but otherwise, I don't anticipate us being around in August.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »
So I see that August is when its going to be? Wondering if I could make it this year :)

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »
Hi Everyone!  I hope you all are surviving this cold winter!  Congrats Aurora on your new addition!  We just had our baby girl 3 weeks ago, so I haven't been on the arena much lately, but I'm happy to see that we are thinking about the MN Meet already!  If we're looking at August, I can't do the weekend of the 23rd, otherwise I should be in. Nessa, congrats on school!  You will be missed at the meet!  I'll keep an eye on this thread, hope we have a good turnout this year!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 12:48:55 PM »
Congrats, Gusty! I'm holding my future combing assistant right now! I hope everything went well, and I can't wait to meet her!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 02:09:25 PM »
Hello everypony! My name is Sarah, you may remember me but probably not... I joined last fall just before the MN pony meet up north. We had just received our Japanese exchange student and couldn't make it to the gathering. So!

I humbly offer my house as a location for the pony meet this summer! I have a garage and a house and a yard! I live in the South Metro, 20 minutes from the Ren Fest, 13 minutes from Valley Fair, 1/2 hour from the State Fairgrounds, and 15 minutes from the Mall of America.

If this works for anypony, I'm happy to host!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 05:35:04 PM »
PONYQUEEN! Hello! I would LOVE to have the meet at your house- my house and yard and garage are good, but they are a long ways from everything.
How was your exchange student experience? I hope it went well!

I honestly can't think of anything more to say, other than that I appreciate your offer and hope others will jump in soon. Know why I can't think of anything else? Katamari music is running through my head, and I'm trying to figure out if I want to plug in the PS2 just to play it for half an hour! Nah, nah na na na na na....

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 06:03:40 PM »
Is there anything set yet on the meet?

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 05:02:01 AM »
PONYQUEEN! Hello! I would LOVE to have the meet at your house- my house and yard and garage are good, but they are a long ways from everything.
How was your exchange student experience? I hope it went well!

I honestly can't think of anything more to say, other than that I appreciate your offer and hope others will jump in soon. Know why I can't think of anything else? Katamari music is running through my head, and I'm trying to figure out if I want to plug in the PS2 just to play it for half an hour! Nah, nah na na na na na....

Our exchange student is so great- we are like a real family in so many ways! The experience has been so rewarding!

I got so excited when I found this thread yesterday on a MN meet, and when I read that the location was up in the air, and folks wanted something closer to the cities, I couldn't help myself. Should I wait and talk to my husband about hosting it at our house? Nah! He is so great, I know he's going to be on board! Sure enough, when I came home, I mentioned that there was to be a meet, and the tentative location was Wells (he knows well where it is, he's had family there), but that everypony wished it was a little closer to the cities. Without hesitating he said "Oh! We should host it here!" Have I mentioned that he's great?

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 06:54:09 PM »
He IS great! My husband doesn't really want it here, but he's willing to humor me.

Avene, if no one has any objections, I think we have a good location! Now for a date- I know the North Dakotans want it during the Renaissance Festival, which is August and September. I won't be able to make it the second weekend in August, but as of right now the rest of those times are open. Anyone else?

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »
What weekend? My calendar is wide open. For those whose decision may hinge on non-pony related entertainment:

Renaissance Festival is open every weekend August 16th - September 28th, including Labor Day. Check the internet for theme weekends. http://www.renaissancefest.com/
Minnesota State Fair will run daily August 21st - Labor Day, September 1st   http://www.mnstatefair.org/
Valley Fair is open daily in August, and weekends only in Sept. The waterpark section of VF is not open in September.  https://www.valleyfair.com/

I'm already excited to host! We will need cupcakes.

Offline mngusty

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »
Hi Sarah!  I believe we traded ponies last summer!  Thanks for offering your house for the meet, that sounds great!  In August, I can't do the first or third weekend.  I'm hoping to make it again, its always a great time!   

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 08:42:12 AM »
Hi Gusty! I sure do remember you! I remember the last time we talked I had just gotten a new (small) batch of G1s I was going to let you take a first look at! I still haven't *quite* gotten to taking their pictures, but I'm close!

Post Merge: April 29, 2014, 08:53:26 AM

Hay everypony!

This will be my first meet, so I'm not really sure what to expect or plan. I've been reading posts about other meets from past years (in other cities) and there are a lot of fun things happening! I see door prizes, contests, potluck, games, and show and tell in addition to the buy/swap tables. Is anypony interested in these ideas, or have additional suggestions to put on the Fun Schedule?

Dates-
Most have expressed a desire for an August meet. These look like the favored options:
August 2nd
August 23rd (Aurora and bubbles171 said this was a good date for them)
August 30th

I would cast my vote for August 2nd or 23rd, as the 30th is Labor Day weekend and will likely run into more conflicts. Gusty, can you do the 23rd? Somewhere you said you couldn't but then elsewhere said only the first and third weekends were no good (the 23rd would be the fourth weekend).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:27:14 AM by ponyqueen »

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
o what fun having at your place thanks for doing that. It is just if I come that far I want to spend some time there. yes the 23 would work I just would like to see other things when I am down there. labor day weekend would work even better as I would not have to use extra vacation time.

Offline mngusty

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 06:19:05 PM »
Awesome!  I can do the 23rd!!!  I'd be up for whatever, in reference to the activities.  I come for the buying/selling/trading, but the other stuff is fun too.  I thought the potluck worked out nice last year.  Everyone brought something to share.  I love that we are getting this organized! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal