collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller to watch out for; indiejones09 on ebay, angela22 here  (Read 6160 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Ebay purchase arrived damaged due to poor packaging
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 06:47:08 AM »
She has decent ponies but from what people who have bought from her have claimed, she doesn't describe all of their flaws. So we really don't know if they are as nice as she says they are.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »
You know I had the same thing happen to me to!  I bought a UK pony from her twice (one purchase on the Arena and one here) and both times they arrived in a priority mail envelope which should be only used for flat items.  The pony was not wrapped in anything to protect it.  I was wondering why she just couldn't find some bubble envelopes?  I get mine from Dollar Tree 2 for $1.  It is disappointing that she won't invest in proper envelopes since she has a nice selection of ponies and no one wants them to be damaged in shipping.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »
Probably because Priority mailing supplies are free, while plain bubble envelopes need to be purchased. However, priority mailing BOXES are also free and can be shipped to your house in bulk for free, so there really is no excuse for using those free envelopes rather than a box.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »
It's because the priority envelopes are also the cheapest to send.  The seller is clearly just CHEAP.  She wants to skim as much off of shipping as she possibly can, even by scamming a buyer into paying for shipping TWICE! 

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »
*sigh*, you could use paper towel and sandwich bags, and still protect them while sending them cheaply.  I've used bubble envelopes, but at least package them separately in plastic.  I didn't say anything more about the damage at all.  There's no use arguing over it.  I just told her I'd ship them all back, and that's it.

I'm going to send them all back in a box, well protected, but what happens if she just claims that the damage didn't happen while in transit.  When she says "I will look the item over to see what kind of damage has been done" it sounds to me like she's saying I'm lying, or I had buyer's remorse and I did something to them.  I can take pictures, but does that prove anything?

I opened a second case for the others, but it only included one of the 3, so I guess I need 4 separate cases?

Also, where do I find the address I have to mail them back to?  She says " Please ensure you confirm the correct address to send her to first before you ship out", but is there a place to find it, or do I have to ask her? 

Sorry to ask so many questions everyone, and thanks for all your time.  I've never dealt with something like this before.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:10:36 PM by ButtercreamDream »

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2013, 06:24:52 PM »
If you could take pics I think that would be extremely helpful so she can't claim the damage was done during the shipping back to her. And yes, I think you need to ask her for the correct address to ship to.

What a huge mess and disappointment for you, I'm so sorry! At least you have helped warn the rest of us to maybe not deal with this seller ourselves. So for that, I'm grateful. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2013, 07:03:17 AM »
Ok, I sent them all back, well packaged, tracked and with insurance.  Hopefully this goes smoothly.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 04:09:52 AM »
I hope everything works out for you  :hug: Keep us posted!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lygeia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ebay Sales
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 12:13:39 PM »
Looks like the Crumpet is back up for auction...still "near mint"...hmmm *eyeroll*
Love Birds Trinkets and Treasures on Ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/lovebirdstrinketsandtreasures :lovey:

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 03:29:41 PM »
Looks like the Crumpet is back up for auction...still "near mint"...hmmm *eyeroll*
Yep, just came back to say that...and I can't tell if she just re-used the original pics or if I'm not practiced enough to see the flocking damage. That's really worrying.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 03:59:18 PM »
Yep, just came back to say that...and I can't tell if she just re-used the original pics or if I'm not practiced enough to see the flocking damage. That's really worrying.

I would think the pictures were resused assuming the OP sent them back the same day she posted that she had, that was only 2 days ago.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 04:11:25 PM »
Is that even allowed?  How can she be selling an item that's not even in hand?

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »
 "And the ponies I send are always sent that way with no problems at all to the items, and definitely not enough rubbing could possibly happen inside that envelope to cause flocking loss or hair damage."

Oh man.  -_-

I hope you get every cent back.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »
That seller did the exact same thing to me.  I returned a pony due to flaws that were not described in the auction.  Within *minutes* of her getting the message that I wanted a refund, the pony was relisted on ebay. She also updated her sale post here as soon as I told her I didn't want the pony. She did not change the description of the pony, and due to the holiday weekend and the post office rerouting the package to the wrong state for several days, the pony was listed on ebay for almost two weeks before she had it back in hand.  The pony was sold to a new buyer using the same description with NO mention of the flaws that I found(off color head, gap in the neck seam, stains on non-display side).  I gave the seller a list of what I found wrong with the pony when I requested a refund, so she knew about the flaws.

So in short, the seller relisted a flawed pony using a description that indicated the pony was without those flaws, and she did it about 2 weeks before she had the pony back in hand.  She knew that the pony was MIA in the postal system for several days, and as far as I know, she didn't take the auction down.  I had sent her the tracking info, and I had been calling the postal service about where my package went.  What she would have done if the pony sold while it was still in postal limbo, I don't know.  It did sell right after it arrived(she dropped the BIN, but did not update the listing to mention the flaws I described).  As far as I know the next buyer was happy with the pony, and it arrived in a timely manner.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:18:16 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »
From all of this feedback here, I think it's terrible that her feedback on Ebay doesn't reflect this well enough. :(

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal