collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller to watch out for; indiejones09 on ebay, angela22 here  (Read 6157 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay purchase arrived damaged due to poor packaging
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 06:43:04 AM »
If anyone wants to know the seller *I* dealt with(which hasn't been 100% confirmed as the seller that ButterCreamDream is dealing with, but it probably is), feel free to PM me.  I don't want to hijack this thread, or publicly post about a seller which may or may not be the one the original poster is talking about. 

The seller I dealt with shipped a *very* rare pony in an unpadded Priority Mail cardboard envelope(the free "Flat Rate" kind).  No bubble wrap, no plastic baggie, nothing to protect it AT ALL.  She also has a few negative/neutral feedbacks about doing the same thing to other people, so it's likely she just ships this way all the time.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 07:04:24 AM »
If anyone wants to know the seller *I* dealt with(which hasn't been 100% confirmed as the seller that ButterCreamDream is dealing with, but it probably is), feel free to PM me.  I don't want to hijack this thread, or publicly post about a seller which may or may not be the one the original poster is talking about. 

The seller I dealt with shipped a *very* rare pony in an unpadded Priority Mail cardboard envelope(the free "Flat Rate" kind).  No bubble wrap, no plastic baggie, nothing to protect it AT ALL.  She also has a few negative/neutral feedbacks about doing the same thing to other people, so it's likely she just ships this way all the time.

I received mine in the same... Just a Priority document mailer. Definitely not meant for a pony, it was not even sealed and the pony had no protection.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 09:00:32 AM »
Buttercream I am sorry your pony was ruined due to poor packaging. I would most definitely return it for a full refund.   

I am also sorry to hear that so many of you had issues with this sellers packaging methods. Has anyone besides goddessofpeep approached her about your concerns on the way she was shipping her items? I am just curious if the problem was brought to her attention and it went ignored.

:( I pretty much have put two and two together but if one of you would PM me to confirm on who the seller is, I would appreciate it.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 11:57:31 AM »
Oh so sorry about your Crumpet! It's sad to receive an item not accurately described or damaged due to poor packaging. But like others suggest, I'd return for full refund but Please make sure you post back with delivery confirmation. Also you can report sellers for overcharging excess postage. Ebay does look into sellers like that and will give them a "warning" They can't make them return the overcharge amount but at least it's something. And remember to Leave appropriate Feedback but not to mention in any messages. Good luck and keep us posted!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »
Wow, I'm pretty sure it's the same person.  Her ebay ID is indiejones09, angela22 on here.  I can't believe this has happened before and keeps happening.  You would think that something like that is a mistake you would make once, and then learn from it.

I did check her feedback on ebay, and here, and I didn't see anything bad  :(

BUT to play devil's advocate shipping costs usually are SHIPPING AND HANDLING and a seller can charge anything they want
If you are the buyer it is your responsibility to look into shipping before a purchase. I would have had a combined shipping quote sent to me prior to purchase...this way if a seller sends some crazy price all you have to do is say no.

I did ask for a quote to start with, and it was $14.50, which isn't outrageous if it's sent in a box.  I asked if she would combine shipping, and she said yes.  I bought and paid for the first pony in advance, so the first $14.50 was already paid for.  When the other auctions ended, she combined it all with an extra $14.50, which I didn't see coming.  I at least figured they would have been well packaged in a box.  Honestly, if they had arrived as I bought them, For $20 actual shipping in a box, I wouldn't be complaining. *sigh*

Well, I opened a case by writing to her.  I'm so sad about that minty Crumpet, though.  She's been so hard to find, even though I'm willing to overpay, and another minty one just bit the dust.  She's the very last one I'm looking for for all the US mom and baby ponies.  I've been working on that goal since the early 2000s.

Thanks for your help

Offline goddessofpeep

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 03:12:26 PM »
Yup, same seller. 

I hope everything works out with your ponies!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »
She does seem to have a lot of happy buyers, but if you do skim through the feedback, there are quite a few positive feedbacks that aren't exactly positive.   She seems to have repeated problems with not mentioning flaws, or at the very least, having loose standards for the term "near mint" and "mint".  There's also at least one other comment on there about her lack of packaging skills, and she has a few shipping overcharge complaints, one dating back to over a year ago.  She should be aware of these issues, unless these people aren't mentioning their dissatisfaction directly and she's not reading her feedback. 

I also saw a few positive comments about issues being dealt with and resolved, which is good she does resolve them, but it makes me nervous that there continue to be issues. 

Good luck with your claim, ButtercreamDream   :hug:  It sounds like she'll be cooperative, and maybe this time, she'll understand how important it is to take some care with shipping. 

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 04:06:04 AM »
So, I got a response

"Actually, you paid 14.50 for shipping, not $30. And the ponies I send are always sent that way with no problems at all to the items, and definitely not enough rubbing could possibly happen inside that envelope to cause flocking loss or hair damage. You can return it if you'd like and I will look the item over to see what kind of damage has been done. Please ensure you confirm the correct address to send her to first before you ship out and you may want to include insurance on the package as I won't be responsible for any items that do not make it back. Thanks."

I'm frustrated now because it sounds like she's saying I'm lying.  The problem with the shipping cost is that I paid it twice, for two separate transactions a week apart, so I did pay $29.  Do I have to open a separate case for the other 3 ponies?  One of the 3 is ok, but I don't want to be stuck with the $30 shipping total I paid just for her.

Does anyone know if one tracking number will do for 2 transactions?

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 04:54:07 AM »
Jeez, this just gets worse and worse. I also notice (and I might be reading too far into it) that she doesn't mention a refund anywhere, just that she'll "look the item over." Definitely one to avoid.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 05:04:14 AM »
Buttercream if I was you at this point I would open an item not described case. I know it seems harsh but eBay will then be involved. I would not just send it back, you will lose your buyer protection.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline goddessofpeep

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 05:36:08 AM »
After having just dealt with the same seller my advice is to return ALL the ponies and just completely undo the entire transaction.  She does process returns ok(eventually), but I found dealing with this particular seller to be one of the must frustrating and just all around messiest things I've done in all my years on ebay.  It was NOT FUN.  If you'd like the full details about exactly what went down(and it was more than just bad packaging, a lot more), feel free to PM me. 

I would wrap up all those ponies(in a box so she can't blame YOUR packaging for the damage), and just take the money you'll eventually get back and spend them with a seller who describes their ponies correctly and cares enough to ship them with some  protection.  That's the simplest way to sort this out, and even then you'll probably be in for a long and painful ride.  Trying to keep one and send back the rest is just going to be  more of a mess than you probably want to deal with.

Also, pay attention to the address she sends to to process the return.  It doesn't match the return address on your "package".  I don't know why this is(she's well aware of this, so you'd think she'd have fixed it by now).

Post Merge: December 28, 2013, 05:43:38 AM

Oh, and do it quickly.  She does have a time limit on accepting returns.  It's not listed in the auction description, but it is buried in her policies somewhere.  She didn't mention it to me when I originally asked for a return, and there was a delay in me shipping my return back due to Thanksgiving weekend, and she tried to deny my return due to me supposedly being outside her return window(I wasn't when she contacted me so she sort of jumped the gun on that one) when the pony was in transit.  Since the pony was in transit at the time, she did accept the return, but if you take too long, she will deny you your return.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:15:27 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 06:07:40 AM »
I agree with ponylady, the best thing you can do to ensure that you have your buyer protection and that everything is logged is to just open a case/claim, go that route, do make sure that if/when you return the items that you add tracking to make sure that it arrives to her.

I wish you the best of luck, this seems like such a headache for you.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 06:31:28 AM »
Buttercream if I was you at this point I would open an item not described case. I know it seems harsh but eBay will then be involved. I would not just send it back, you will lose your buyer protection.

I did open a not-as described case for Crumpet automatically when I contacted her.  Do I need to open a separate case for the other three, purchased separately, if I'm sending them all back?

Thanks for the advice, everyone.  I'm a little nervous about getting scammed, but I really don't want to keep any of them after this.  I'll send them back with tracking, package well, and I'll take it up with paypal if she doesn't refund me for them.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 06:42:40 AM »
Yes, if you paid for the others separately, I would open a case for each, unless ebay lets you group them together.  I do believe you can attach the same tracking number to each case when sending them back to the same person. 

It does sound like she either doesn't realize you sent two $14.50 shipping payments or is trying to ignore that fact.  Either way, I don't blame you for wanting to send back the whole lot to be done with it.   The way she's wording things makes it sound like she doesn't want to assume any blame and may be stubborn about it.   But ebay should be pretty straight-forward. 

It's really sad this seller is a member here. She seems to have some decent ponies.   Really sad that her shipping policies are ruining those transactions. 

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 06:44:32 AM »
Yes, if you paid for the others separately, I would open a case for each, unless ebay lets you group them together.  I do believe you can attach the same tracking number to each case when sending them back to the same person. 

It does sound like she either doesn't realize you sent two $14.50 shipping payments or is trying to ignore that fact.  Either way, I don't blame you for wanting to send back the whole lot to be done with it.   The way she's wording things makes it sound like she doesn't want to assume any blame and may be stubborn about it.   But ebay should be pretty straight-forward. 

It's really sad this seller is a member here. She seems to have some decent ponies.   Really sad that her shipping policies are ruining those transactions. 
Yep, what ashlyne said  :)

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal