collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your MLP collecting accomplishment of 2013?  (Read 4043 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
What's your MLP collecting accomplishment of 2013?
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:27:50 PM »

I'm curious to know what some of you accomplished collection-wise in 2013!  Was it is a good pony year for you, and if so, why?

I think I may have . . . finished collecting in 2013!  It only took 29 years:)  Actually if anyone has followed my posts here, they know my collection is *very* small.  But I always seemed to be casually looking for some little bit.  The remaining little bits were Duck Soup and the sponge brush from the Waterfall, and I just got them both!  So I guess . . . I'm done?  I'm sure there will be something I decide I have to have, but for right now I'm ending 2013 with a "complete" collection!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

TeddyAndTex

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What's your MLP collecting accomplishment of 2013?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
My collecting year is going well. A bunch of new Blind Bags and vinyl figures...and a very pretty G3! Hopefully in 2014 I can shop around and find more G1 or G3 ponies while building my G4 collection.

thekozmicpig

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 12:33:15 PM »
That moment I got Star Dreams and had every G4 Playful Pony character.

Shortly thereafter, Mrs. Cake showed up on Taobao:/

But for a couple weeks there, I did it!

All I need now is Twist and Silver Spoon. So there's something to look forward to in 2014.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 12:35:55 PM »
I got my first G1 this year!  TAF Milky Way.  I just love her, and she was a fabulous introduction into the world of G1.  Plus, I continued to expand my G3, and G4 collections in 2013.  Overall, I'd say I had a really good year collecting.  Oh, and I joined the Arena, and found a whole wonderful community that I never knew existed until I started to look for information on how to bring Milky Way back to her former glory!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »
I concur with HelloGoodbye...finding the Arena and kickstarting collecting again was a triumph in itself! My adult collecting tally is somewhere around 200 now, though most of those are slotted for resale in the new year.
Probably the best was meeting friends like Shiney, and all the other people i've talked to, as well as the Comic Con in Toronto!
Pony-wise...G1 Princess Sparkle and realising that ponies brought me closer to my neice and nephew. And that's worth more than all the Nirvanas in the world! :)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »
The only thing I've accomplished really was my first full year of collecting ^.^ Pretty happy about that :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »
I think finally getting to work on my pony room (to get things organized and up and moving) was my biggest pony-related accomplishment.  It's still not done, because I ran out of shelving part of the way through the G3s, but at least I put a major dent in it!

From an individual pony perspective, I managed to get a few more harder-to-find ponies like Dutch Diary (YAY!!  She's so mint!!) and two German princess varients.  I also snatched up Lavender Woosie and the white Soft Sleepy Newborn (just one more to go to complete that set...the one with the dang duck on it) :D  I'm sure I'm missing some other semi-major noteable acquisitions, but my mind is a blank at the moment!

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 02:43:26 PM »
I ended up finding a lot of nice ponies, including a bunch that I reeeeeally wanted at various flea markets this summer! And almost all were a buck!! I also put a nice little dent in my G4 collection, especially with the Funko vinyls. uwu
I hope the same sellers (or some new ones that have ponies) are there next year at the flea markets.

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
Cracking the 500 mark. When I joined here I had less than 50, so it's a great acheivement for me! Got some great bargains this year, and increased my collection by quite a bit. 2013 was a great year pony-wise, probably because it was pretty ordinary otherwise, and I'm the first to admit I stick ponies in the holes in my life, LOL!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »
As of a few days ago I finally got NBBE Baby Gusty!!  :hearts: I've been wanting her for the last 13 years and finally had the money and found her for a great price. I haven't been actively collecting for about 10 years and then this year I started up again. So it was a great year for me. I got a few other ponies that I've been after for a looong time including TAF Baby Milky Way, TAF Baby Up Up and Away, Baby Buttons, Baby Cherries Jubilee, Baby Heart Throb, Baby Ribbon, and Baby Lucky Leaf. These babies were all at the top of my want list and I'm so happy to finally have them in my collection plus many others I bought this year :)

Offline Poster

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
Added lots to my collection this year, but I think the accomplishment I'm happiest about is getting my hands on a G1 for the first time in over two decades. So glad to have found her!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 05:15:34 PM »
This year was a great year for my pony collection (pretty much all merch this year though) but it was horrible on my savings. :X feeling pretty horrible about the money I've spent lately!

I didn't complete any certain collections but I did get a lot of stuff I wanted.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 05:33:06 PM »
I don't think I can ever "finish" collecting. I think my greatest achievement this year is getting back on G1 fire. I've always loved the G1 most, and have been a little passive about them ever since the G4s came out, hoping they'd make cheaper and better replacements, but NO, nothing comes close. Like my real life, I learn to discover that after go round and round in circles, I still love what I originally loved. NOTHING beats the original. I still like the other gens, but it's still G1 high on the number 1 pedestal. Still need a few G2s.

I acquired Dutch Baby Cat, and G2 Her Majesty Dainty Dove, both of which I have been wanting for YEARS but never took the initiative to do anything about it. It's done this year, so I am very proud. Love my ponies, what will I ever do without them in my life?

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »
I got to go to the MLPFair and thanks to that, I've made some pretty irreplaceable pony friends for life! (Special shoutout to MLPArena user, munchy! :hug: )What I love the most about this hobby is the way that it really can bring people together, and My Little Pony is such a positive thing for people to have in common. It makes me mist up a bit just thinking about how much it means to me. The entire franchise, when you get right down to it, is all about friendship.

But enough with the mushy stuff!

Collecting-wise, I'd say my favorite met goal was probably being able to own a Year 3 Sea Pony at last (Sea Breeze). I also now have many girls that have eluded me for quite some time now, including Dancing Butterflies, Powder, Cranberry Muffins, Cocoberry, the pizza Petite, and my very first Totsy fakie! I've also completed some sets, like the original six, the Birthday Party Pack, and the Tropical Ponies! I got my first international pony, UK Snowflake, back in April (along with her American cousin, Powder). I've also found quite a few thrifted G1s this year- Lily the Flutter, Little Flitter, Friendly the Bushwoolie (traded to someone who loves and customizes Bushwoolies), Bouncy, and a naked Megan and Molly that were able to squeeze into a Monster High dress and this weird thing that came with a second hand SSC doll.

I just realized that the majority of those I found during an out-of-town thrifting trip, which included the day that I first met the man who is now my boyfriend. I loved being single and really never wanted a boyfriend... that's how special he is! I think he's my biggest achievement this year. :blush: :frolic: :lovey: The ponies don't even scare him. :)

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 06:09:40 PM »
It was a year for completing G1 sets: Big Brothers & accessories, 7 Tales, Sweetberry Ponies, Mountain Boys, Colourswirls, Rainbow Babies and Twinkle Eyes.  Also achieved a few major grails like the 25th anniversary press kit, Surprise Twins Mummy & Foals, all UK daddies and several Dutch ponies.  I had intended to complete my TAFs but Love Melody still continues to elude me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal