collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: You know what I'd love?  (Read 779 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
You know what I'd love?
« on: October 17, 2013, 12:19:21 PM »
I had a thought the other day--what would you think of a set of twopacks of a mane six G4 character and a past-gen pony that inspired them in a G4 mold? Say, Pinkie and Surprise, Dash and Firefly, Twilight Sparkle and Twilight, Fluttershy and Posey--AJ doesn't work as well, but she could have a pony that G1 AJ was friends with, maybe?

It fits Hasbro's mandate to package everything with a repeat while still being super cool, and we'd get some G1 to G4s! Your thoughts?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

MidnightVelvet

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: You know what I'd love?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »
That would be awesome!!! Maybe Applejack could be put in a set with G1 Bowtie?

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:42:25 PM »
Okay I am gonna go out on a limb and say I would love it if they took those old G1 molds that we know they have from the retro sets and made the G4 on them.  Now that would be cool. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
I'm with CZ (:lol:) - I'd love to see throwback molds of the Mane 6... but maybe not make them hard as a rock like they did the retro releases!
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline jupiterlily

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
  • 80’s baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »
I'd be completely 100% all about seeing the mane 6's g1 inspirations as g4s.  I just know I'd be helpless against the temptation to buy them all!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »
Okay I am gonna go out on a limb and say I would love it if they took those old G1 molds that we know they have from the retro sets and made the G4 on them.  Now that would be cool. 

I would love to see that!

Offline MANIMAL!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
. . .  a mane six G4 character and a past-gen pony that inspired them in a G4 mold?

It fits Hasbro's mandate to package everything with a repeat while still being super cool, and we'd get some G1 to G4s! Your thoughts?

Hahaha!!! I love that Hasbro has so severely traumatized us with rereleases, lack of variety, and pairing new releases with old to the point that now we welcome it, if they will just give us SOMETHING! :p Seriously, what do they even get by forcing us to buy a second pony we already have? ALL of these ponies are basically just repaints! It's not like they're making new molds for new characters. Why do they HAVE to include re-releases in every single favorites pack? I would think that almost every purchase of one of the favorites packs is by someone who already has the main six! Do they disapprove of our collecting and want to encourage us to stop at 6 ponies? I would love to hear their business model on this one.

When g4 first came out, and they were releasing different characters, I was being choosy--not wanting to repeat G3. During G3, I bought them all, and ended up with a lot of ponies I didn't care for. Now that Hasbro has stopped making new ponies, I am really kicking myself for not buying all pegs and unis and not stocking up on Lyras, Trixies, etc. for customs. Oh well. I really hope they get back to original characters. I can't imagine this business model is going to be good for the line.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 01:48:17 PM »
What a great idea!  Hasbro please take note. <3

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: You know what I\'d love?
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
great idea :) i would love to see both vice versa
G1-G4 and G4-G1 :D

Post Merge: October 17, 2013, 01:50:32 PM

It fits Hasbro's mandate to package everything with a repeat

:lol: :lol: :P

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:50:32 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
. . .  a mane six G4 character and a past-gen pony that inspired them in a G4 mold?

Hahaha!!! I love that Hasbro has so severely traumatized us with rereleases, lack of variety, and pairing new releases with old to the point that now we welcome it, if they will just give us SOMETHING! :p

Lol so true! Its just come as standard now that in order to get anything new we need to expect to have to pay for repeats of 1 to 3 of the main 6.

I love this idea! These would be awesome double packs. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 09:43:33 PM »
I would love to see this (and I absolutely would not be able to control myself and would have to buy them all!!!!) please Hasbro! Please do the Mane 6 as G1 molds and G1s in the G4 molds (need to think of something for AJ tho (il get back to you on that!)
*Dreaming of a cute little box with a flip cover to reveil the most adorable G4 Fluttershy with extra thick lush pink hair next to her big sister Fluttershy in the Surprise pose with gorgeous wavy pink hair* Eeeek, I need this!!!! :good:

......and obviously Minty, COtton Candy, Peachy, Bluebelle, Blossom and Butterscotch in G4 molds in a collectors box would be something to go crazy over and blow my wages on!!!! :lovey:

So when's this happening, Hasbro???????!!!!!!! :-)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:47:14 PM by Fleurlapin »
802 and counting........

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 12:15:09 AM »

Hahaha!!! I love that Hasbro has so severely traumatized us with rereleases, lack of variety, and pairing new releases with old to the point that now we welcome it, if they will just give us SOMETHING! :p

Lol so true! Its just come as standard now that in order to get anything new we need to expect to have to pay for repeats of 1 to 3 of the main 6.

I love this idea! These would be awesome double packs. :)

agreed! OMG i just had to figure out what im gonna do when i buy the minty set with the 6 rereleases..... grr traumatized it right! but this....this idea OMG i love it i would buy the whole set! if it was just G1 to G4's or if we went G4 to G1 mold i would really love that! either way how awesome would that be?!?!

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 12:34:05 AM »
I love that idea!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 12:45:21 AM »
That would be very cool :) I would love to see that happen. Even though I don't need anymore of the main ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal