collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY prototypes?)  (Read 12019 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: EQ Dolls picture (POSSIBLY FAKE)
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that their "tops" are actually molded on or painted onto their bodies?? It looks too snug to be rubber clothes and kinda reminds me of those Disney princess dolls that have swimsuits molded into their bodies and are given only a skirt.
Now that you (and Hawaiian) mention it, the tops do look like they're either painted on or molded.

I wonder how much these dolls are going to cost, if these are the real deal. If these are smaller-sized dolls, I wouldn't mind paying $10 or $12 for them (at the most).

Yeah, brushable hair and all things considered it would make sense if these were smaller or lower-priced dolls. Maybe Hasbro has higher quality releases planned? *crosses cheese legs*
Maybe Hasbro has something better planned for the full sized dolls, or they're just draggin their heels and making half-assed products to "try" and "revive" the MLP Toyline.

Either that or these ones are the smaller scale ones and are targeted towards smaller children who can't have full sized dolls for whatever reason, while the full sized ones have  much more details than expected.

...but then again, we don't even know if these are the real deal or not, so no point over thinking about it this far. :P
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »
I'm calling it real official Hasbro.  The eyes (though I don't like) look high quality (same quality as their brushables) and the boot/shoes look like something Hasbro would do.  I personally hope this is all they do, not larger ones, as I'd like Hasbro to get "back to ponies" asap.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 04:29:27 PM by gabumon »

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 04:04:45 PM »
Equestria Daily claims to have been "told" that these are prototypes, and that the faces, ears, and outfits are non-final. They don't cite any source, though, so take that for what you will.

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »
Honestly, I think they're cute. Not really what I was expecting, and definitely not something I'll be going out of my way to get, but they are cute.

They look like they might have the same body as those little Blythe dolls that come with (or used to come with?) Littlest Pet Shop, so I'm guessing they're only about four inches tall. Makes sense; they'll be on-scale with the brushable ponies then.

I hope they do have a series of them that's more "fashion doll" sized; that's what I was hoping for when I heard they were doing dolls. And echoing what a lot of others have said, it'd be awesome to have something similar to Monster High in terms of articulation/style.

**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 04:15:26 PM »
Prototypes would be the reason why they still have ears. Since we all say there were no ears on the final characters (or wings) in the previews. Promo art shows otherwise though.

still confusing at this point.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »
Interesting. Sort of want Rarity, but I would definitely use one of my spare unicorn horns from plastic curves to gussy her up a bit.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 04:22:51 PM »
one word.....

Barbie
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »
I'm on the fence I might have to see one in person to judge if I like it or not

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2013, 04:29:26 PM »
well even if these are prototypes, I'm less incline to get them...
The tops are painted on pretty much like the Cupcake dolls from the 80's and the faces kind of remind me a little of barbie mixed with another doll (maybe Bratz?)

And yes they do look older than they should... also AHHHH Twilight your head no match the body! Granted I can say that really is because the body plastic look like the hard plastic so of course the shade is different... just more apparent on Twilight =/
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Summerlycoris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »
I'm kind of hoping these are prototypes, mainly due to the painted on shirts and the proportions- the arms are too short compared to their long legs, it makes them look weird.
Other than that, I like Pinkies' design at the moment, I didn't realise how good blues can look on her.
I'm really hoping they change Applejacks' design though, she looks like she's been dolled up (no pun intended) involuntarily due to her big and fake looking smile.

Thanks to Shenanigans and Princess Starburst for this awesome signature and to sunnyrain for my avatar. And my Newbie Swap list is here.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »
Feeling mixed about these. (But since these are prototypes i guess that doesn't matter.)
I think they are pretty cute but i'm mostly bothered by the clothing and cheap wings. Rainbow dash looks like a clown. But to be honest, i would be dissapointed if EQD is right and they no longer got pony ears. I don't see the point of making a line of dolls based on ponies if there is nothing pony-like about them.

Dojo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 05:03:06 PM »
:brow:

Methinks I'll stick to the ponies.  Though those'd be pretty good McDonald's toys... :whistle:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 05:03:59 PM »
I guess I'll be in the minority as always and love them  :P More for me! But yes very sad about the lack of articulation.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
Hmm... well, I was hoping for something a bit better :shocked: I haaaaate molded on clothes so I'm really hoping they change it or that these are fakies.
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal