collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: scamming buyer used chargeback on paypal  (Read 2118 times)

Offline cyanide

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also known as " Epic rainbow crafts "
    • View Profile
scamming buyer used chargeback on paypal
« on: March 23, 2013, 02:09:52 PM »
Hello everyone!

a while ago (december 2012) i sold a plushie on ebay to a buyer who first claimed she had a sick daughter and wanted me to end the auction at 50$. I said i wouldnt and she then put a bid at 300... this made me feel worried. So i mailed her and told her that i could remove her bids totally, but she didnt want that, suddenly she was ok with paying this amount should she win (i had a bad feeling here so i was strongly considering to block & remove her bids).

We texted some (on ebay messages) and after assuring me shed pay if she would win, i let her (BAD decision!).

Everything went smoothly, i checked the plushie before i sent her ( a beanie fluttershy) , checked so that each part was firmly stitched and not loose etc.

She got the pony a couple of days later (express). But she then claimed that the wings were loose on the plush and that the pony was openen in the seams. (impossible, i checked the plush SO well before i sent it, and it was very well packed).

I then asked her to send me photos of the damage, but she claimed she didnt have a camera.. (who doesnt?) , and then changed the story to that she had opened up the ponys seams herself to release some filling ( it was too much according to her) >_<.

I was really worried shed make a claim here as i had a bad feeling from before, so to avoid loosing much money on her i offered to make her another beanie plush for the "damages" wich she never could proove, just to settle her.

She then got her second plush and was happy!
Good, then nothing happened for 2-3 months, and yesterday she have made a chargeback claim from my paypal... (through her credit card company), claiming it was a un authorized use of her card ( she was VERY aware of that she had paid for this plush, so i know she is lying).

I contacted her on ebay, i was quite pissed of we might say, not only did she scam me for the first plush, but ALSO letting me sew her another plush for FREE, and yet claiming back ALL the money.... (its 277$ or so , wich means theres a huge diff in my paypal now, im quite angry).

Her respond was that ALL her accounts had been hacked (as if a hacker would chargeback that amount specifically, yea right.) chargebacks goes through the credit card company, so she is very aware of what shes done.

I was so upset i didnt reply to that, its no use as she have been lying about loads of stuff since we first started to message eacother about that auction i had out. Bah i just want this over with.

I get the feeling she waited all this time just to be able to scam me right in time before the time-frame of the credit card company ran out..

Ofcourse i disputed the chargeback, but can i actually win this? My question for this post is ; have anyone of you guys had a chargeback when you sold something too, and did you win the case? what can i do to win? I sent the tracking ID in the "respond to claim" message, but how does that help a chargeback?

*deep sigh*  :cloud:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 02:11:30 PM by cyanide »
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: scamming buyer used chargeback on paypal
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 02:14:35 PM »
I hope you have proof of shipping. In this case keep calling paypal and ebay to have her account shut down and hopefully your money returned. Someone there must take this seriously, perhaps a higher up or supervisor. I'd also be filing mail fraud charges (unsure of how to go about this in the where you are).

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 02:16:40 PM »
I don't have any advice but WOW how horrible of her! :mad: I hope everything works out for you.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »
I hope you have proof of shipping. In this case keep calling paypal and ebay to have her account shut down and hopefully your money returned. Someone there must take this seriously, perhaps a higher up or supervisor. I'd also be filing mail fraud charges (unsure of how to go about this in the where you are).

yes i have, the problem is i live in sweden so its both difficult for me to call (expensive) and the language barrier will make it a bit hard for me , i have never dealt with things like this before =/
do you think i could collect the ebay messages to them or will that not matter? i have no idea what to do.. =(
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »
Oh man my heart totally sank for you when I read this post.  I really hope that this gets rectified and you get your money back.  I really don't get people like this at all.

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 02:29:06 PM »
her ebay ID is  cristallynnd   by the way, i'd block her if i were you. She seems to shop mlp items and different plushies.

I just wish i could have a word in this, but i have no idea what i can do or who to contact. i dont think we have a swedish paypal support =(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:39:07 AM by ponylady »

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »
Youmight also try getting in touch with the credit card company that she used, Visa or whatever.  They usually have a 1-800 number for fraud reports and would have people who speak different languages on hand to help you so the barrier would be broken.  they REALLY don't like to be scammed and it's n offence to do so.  This whole thing may really end up being her demise if you handle it correctly.  Send them the emails you received from her via eBay and go from there.  Where PayPal and eBay may fail, i REALLY doubt the credit card company will too.

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 02:43:27 PM »
Youmight also try getting in touch with the credit card company that she used, Visa or whatever.  They usually have a 1-800 number for fraud reports and would have people who speak different languages on hand to help you so the barrier would be broken.  they REALLY don't like to be scammed and it's n offence to do so.  This whole thing may really end up being her demise if you handle it correctly.  Send them the emails you received from her via eBay and go from there.  Where PayPal and eBay may fail, i REALLY doubt the credit card company will too.

that might be worth trying. But how do i see wich credit card she has used? can i find this in the original invoice or in details on paypal?
swedish support would help yea, i speak good english, its just that it might be hard to express the right words or structure up the conversation as im not used to " arguing" in english lol.
i will definitly send paypal the ebay messages convo, id hate to let her get away with this so easily.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
I have had a chargeback and it was someone in the community, although the purchase was made through Ebay.

It was made way after Paypal's deadline of 45 days, 6 months after actually. I fought it tooth and nail as I had my original postage receipt (International) and she also left me positive feedback for the transaction.  Needless to say I won. 

I would be in contact with Paypal to be honest. If you contact her card company they are not going to do anything for you, you are not the card holder.  They are not allowed to release personal information so it will do you no good. But call Paypal or ebay and tell them you have emails between the two of you. They will most likely have you fax them over to them.  Or they will look into the communications between the two of you.

Don't give up! And put up a fight, it works! 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 04:06:22 PM »
I have had a chargeback and it was someone in the community, although the purchase was made through Ebay.

It was made way after Paypal's deadline of 45 days, 6 months after actually. I fought it tooth and nail as I had my original postage receipt (International) and she also left me positive feedback for the transaction.  Needless to say I won. 

I would be in contact with Paypal to be honest. If you contact her card company they are not going to do anything for you, you are not the card holder.  They are not allowed to release personal information so it will do you no good. But call Paypal or ebay and tell them you have emails between the two of you. They will most likely have you fax them over to them.  Or they will look into the communications between the two of you.

Don't give up! And put up a fight, it works! 

Mine was also an ebay transaction, I will sort through my ebay messages  and send them to paypal/ebay ( i just hope they arnt gone after 3 months, i believe they get deleted after a while?)

Im glad you won your case!

Post Merge: March 23, 2013, 04:12:57 PM

as i suspected, the messages are too old =( , seems that she planned this into details...
i have no proof now. except for the tracking ID and reciept . is it anyway i can get back old ebay messages?

when i first asked her what the heck she was doing, she replied this:

"Someone has hacked all of my accounts and frozen my banks. PayPal is NOT helping one bit. I was on the phone with them for two hours with no luck of getting anything taken care of. I didn't issue this. PayPal did"

as if paypal would do the chargeback for her? -.-

i asked again , why she choose a unauthorized chargeback, when she was well aware of the payment. In hope that she will reply in a very revealing way wich gives me more evidence

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:12:57 PM by cyanide »

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
Oh sweety, I'm so sorry that this happened to you.  When I had issues with any items on eBay I contact Paypal or eBay immediately. It takes a while but if you fight hard enough you can win.
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
I am so sorry.  This is a form of fraud, so you should be able to do something.  I am not sure I I can add anything else to what has already been suggested..  I feel just awful for you.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 08:33:49 PM »
check your email, whenever I get a message on ebay, it also gets sent to my email account.

Offline cyanide

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 07:43:48 AM »
check your email, whenever I get a message on ebay, it also gets sent to my email account.

great idea! i didnt thought of that =)

thanks for your help and warming words guys, even if this feels horrible you make it feel a little bit better *hugs*

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 04:37:17 AM »
Oh my goodness! this is so awful! :whoa:  :(    yes - please check through all of your old emails , because even if the messages are gone from ebay,  you should still have the  emails (unless you deleted them).  Then contact ebay/ paypal as Ponylady suggested. This person should not be allowed to get away with this! I really hope that you can get your money back - please keep us updated :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal