collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ..NINETY DOLLARS?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ..NINETY DOLLARS?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 12:36:09 PM »
Huh. That is really weird, then.

I have noticed that the international shipping calculator on their website seems to be off by a few dollars; I recently shipped a small package that I'd calculated shipping on as $7, and the actual shipping was close to $10. But even if the calculator is off a little/hasn't been updated/whatever, there should definitely NOT be an $84 difference.

If I were you, I'd calculate it again, with the exact weight and package dimensions, print out the quote it gives you, and go back to the post office with the quote. Show the site quote to them, explain what happened before, and see if anything comes out different this time. If it's still coming out at $90, see if they can offer any explanation as to why it's coming out so much higher than you were quoted.

Is it a high value item, maybe? I'm wondering if the value marked on the package has anything to do with it. Or maybe the cashier made a typo putting in the information?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:44:58 PM by GryffindorHermione »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »
That doesn't make any sense.   They were giving you the Express International rate I imagine- 

I wonder if you had by accident packaged it in a box that said International Express?  I have almost made that mistake before because the boxes look identical to regular priority boxes.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 01:08:56 PM »
No way it's $90!  I sent a lovely Arena member a MIB Monster High doll express shipping to Italy and it was $46.  And that was after the price increase!  I've been sending packages overseas to Germany too, and first class costs about $16.

There is something very amiss at your post office!  Is there another office close to you?  I'd take my overseas packages elsewhere babe, cause $90 is just insane.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 01:34:23 PM »
Maybe if your shipping a brick.. but not a pony. I suggest you go in and see a different clerk that knows how to run the system. Sounds like you got someone who's a bit fresh at the postal game.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »
That is most definitely not right.

I am curious though if you sold the item on ebay, why are you not printing your labels through there.  I can gurantee if you do that it will not cost you $90, it will be more like $8.99.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »
wooh I don't even live in the us but I know that has to be a mistake. Maybe she didn't zero the scales? I would try a different p.o

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »
That has to be a mistake. If it's not.. then I am completely terrified to go to the post office and mail something internationally next week!

I say go in and try it again but try and get a different clerk to help you. Or go over to a different post office. That just can not be right..

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 03:28:05 PM »
There is no WAY a 4 - 5 ounce box should cost $90 to ship to France!  I would try to go again when another clerk is hopefully on duty or try another post office.  (Even the Large size flat rate priority international box doesn't cost that much to ship to France, according to their website!)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
What the... how does that even... what?

Somebody already suggested this, but I'm going to signal-boost it: Print out the USPS calculator quote and bring it with you to the Post Office. Ask them why their quote is so insane. This is clearly unreasonable.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 03:48:07 PM »
Maybe it would cost that much to like, overnight it there or something (is that even possible?) but yeesh. I'd love to know what the problem could be. I'd just take it there again and try again to ship it. I feel like they couldn't possibly missquote you that badly twice!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »
I mailed a box to the UK and the postal worker told me it would be $48 (it weighed a little over three pounds I think) I kept telling her that I didn't think it would be THAT much, but she insisted she was right. The postal worker next to her told her that it shouldn't be that much if it was less than 4 pounds and it turns out the other one was pressing the wrong button so it turned out to be $27 instead. Mistakes can happen so I think it's clearly a mistake on the $90 quote! I would take it to another post office or ask for another postal worker to check :)
My Wish List

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »
Yep, went back a few hours ago with a different person, still the same quote.. I honestly think it is a mistake on the post office's part, but it's the only post office around here that'll ship internationally.

It doesn't help that the buyer has already canceled the cancel transaction and won't respond to me..  :(

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »
Yep, went back a few hours ago with a different person, still the same quote.. I honestly think it is a mistake on the post office's part, but it's the only post office around here that'll ship internationally.

It doesn't help that the buyer has already canceled the cancel transaction and won't respond to me..  :(

Okay, how many times have you been in now and how many people have you seen? Because I'm finding it hard to believe that everyone at your post office is making this mistake. I mean I know there are some postal workers who aren't as sharp as others, but NONE of them should see a 4oz box come up with a $90 price and not think something is wrong.

Did you do as suggested and take in the shipping quote from their website?

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 06:23:53 PM »

Okay, how many times have you been in now and how many people have you seen? Because I'm finding it hard to believe that everyone at your post office is making this mistake. I mean I know there are some postal workers who aren't as sharp as others, but NONE of them should see a 4oz box come up with a $90 price and not think something is wrong.

Did you do as suggested and take in the shipping quote from their website?
I've been in twice with two different people. x-x I took in the shipping quote, and I was told that sometimes 'USPS's shipping quotes are inaccurate'  :argh:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 06:26:26 PM »
Okay... but... I'm sorry, I do not know a SINGLE postal employee who would see a difference of over $80 as just an "inaccuracy." A few dollars here or there yes, but I just cannot imagine anyone seeing that price difference and not seeing anything wrong with it. You need to go in and ask for a supervisor.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal