collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: In nearly 15 years on e-Bay I get my first neutral feedback  (Read 2646 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
In nearly 15 years on e-Bay I get my first neutral feedback
« on: February 26, 2013, 06:52:31 AM »
I need some advice. Do I have any recourse?

I already placed a claim with e-Bay to dispute the Neutral feedback.

The buyer  corine79 has been a member of e-bay for just over 1 year

I have already added corine79 to my list of blocked buyers and sent a message. The worst part is they did NOT even let me resolve the issue before leaving feedback.

If you think that something is misrepresented/ not as described isn't the first step to let the seller know and at least have the opportunity to resolve the issue?

Furthermore if there are minor issues you cannot forgive on a pony wouldn't you message the seller to double check and see if it had any of those issues?

In 5 years of collecting it is unrealistic to expect a 30 year old pony to be flawless (although wouldn't that be nice)...

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Re: In nearly 15 years on e-Bay I get my first neutral feedback
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 07:14:29 AM »
What "flaws" was it that caused the issue?   I have about 80 to go until I have them all "flawless" (us set). By that I mean wear/play issues. Hasbro would insert tails crooked, miss the last plug of a mane, get a few hairs in a neck seem or not align symbols perfectly, spray blush sloppily, and sometimes the eyes aren't painted on as crisp as they should be. They were cheap toys for toddlers, so it's hard to find true perfection even if you had walls of MOC's to pick through. Even though I'm picky, I look at pictures and read descriptions and haven't really had too many issues on ebay, and I buy a lot from people who ask you to refer to photos.... the only thing has been bad smells and sellers doing horrid packing jobs when sending items.  :mad: I wouldn't consider leaving feedback before consulting with a seller first if there was an issue!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:45:50 AM »
The best course of action is to email your buyer and discuss the issue. And see if there is anything you can do to resolve the situation. Then if you come to some sort of resolve, ask if she would be willing to change the neutral. If she is you can send her a revise feedback request.  Ebay will not remove it on their own accord unless the buyer has violated feedback policy.

If for some reason the two of you do not reach an agreement you can add a little note under the feedback she left. Like something along the lines that "Buyer never contacted me to resolve the issue".

I completely understand your frustration though. I received a neutral a few months back. I emailed my buyer and her response was that it was to much trouble to contact me and work something out.  But that she would revise the feedback, something also she never did.   I was more than happy to issue a partial or have her send it back at my expense but I never heard back from her. So the neutral remains and my life moved on. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:47:57 AM »
She stated that there were the FIRST 5 plugs missing????? A 5 plug flaw is quite significant- I have no idea how I could have missed a flaw that large. There are plenty of decent photos depicting the pony from the front and the hair line is very clear. I am still awaiting photos from the purchaser....

In my opinion she sold for nearly 1/2 her value??????
http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-little-pony-Baby-Blossom-w-Accessories-ribbon-rocker-bib-and-more-/300857488225

The biggest issue is that she is protected by e-Bay's buyer protection, but did not communicate the disappointment BEFORE leaving feedback.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 07:56:19 AM »
I know, it sucks.  :hug:

I think people are just to dang lazy sometimes. I mean seriously how hard would it have been to send you a quick message and state she was disappointed. Then you could have asked for pictures like you did and go from there to resolve it.  It is not a hard process.

But I think sometimes folks have been burned by ebay sellers and figure it is not worth the hassel. The thing is most sellers on ebay are more than happy to work with you if you give them a chance, especially before feedback is left.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:59:12 AM »
For the price they payed they shouldn't complain, I can see where she says "Plugs are missing" but it's clearly visible in the picture. and Man I wish I'd gotten my bid in on that lol <3

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »
What? Um, in the pictures I see that all plugs are present.  :blink:

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:11:10 AM »
All plugs present and correct as far as I can see. Oh and what a  nice price for all those goodies!
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline Lygeia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ebay Sales
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
Some people are just jerks :)  Before you know it that neutral will fall off and you won't even remember it.  I have one neutral that really irked me at first but I chose to save my battles for a truly crazy buyer that will inevitably be in my future.  When I am buying, I really don't care about a seller's neutral feedback so don't worry too much!
Love Birds Trinkets and Treasures on Ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/lovebirdstrinketsandtreasures :lovey:

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:32:20 AM »
Close up of the second pictures right behind the ear..
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

But like others have said, Don't let it eat at ya :D

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 08:38:35 AM »
Oh, no you're right- good catch. I didn't enlarge the images and just looked at the first plugs. but she is missing a substantial section by her ear, on the top row of plugs so it'll be visible on display.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:57:26 AM »
Thanks for directing me to it as well, I guess I somehow over looked it myself, but it is NOT like it was undisclosed in my photos, but yes It was not in my written description. Her ear must have  done a great job hiding the imperfection. I still would NOT consider her bait and worthless as the buyer told me she was...

Maybe it is just me, but how many times have you bid based on photos alone and NOT read a description, or just bid based on photos when there is no description????

I know I have done it quite a few times (and I have suffered a few times because of it) I have also missed out on fabulous deals because photos looked awesome, but the description magnified the flaws and kept me from a great bargain.

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:03:49 AM »
Oh my Gosh, she is not worthless that's for sure :) I like her and still would've gotten her.  Some people are different though..

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:35 AM »
I also just had my first neutral left. The buyer also didn't contact me and just took it upon themselves to leave feedback. So I also contacted eBay with the new report a buyer method. I really hope eBay will do something about it.

Good luck, Chip!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »
Close up of the second pictures right behind the ear..
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

But like others have said, Don't let it eat at ya :D

I saw this straight away to she one her for a great price thou : / I think she should have contacted you first. Hope it works out. Most people over look 1 negative when bidding anyway so I wouldn't worry to much

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal