collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stalking Ditzy Doo 2012  (Read 45561 times)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is hasbrotoyshop down for anyone else right now?
« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2012, 07:41:02 AM »
I'm actually surprised that Bronies would even want her. I thought they didn't like any brushables. From what I read frequently on EQD, they seem to only like the ones with molded hair (like from the first gift set) and the blind bags. Are they just making an exception since it's :muffin: Pony? I'm really curious about this.

They went crazy about the 'collectors favourites' pack too that came with Nightmare Moon and DJ PON-3, so I think it matters which pony it is.

You know, apart of me wants to think that :muffin: Pony was originally meant for that favorites pack...

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 18, 2012, 07:41:56 AM »

Edited to add:  I saw one on ebay with a show accurate hair cut already.

ACK. Altered limited edition ponies, ouch! Can we all be thankful there's no pony on the show that looks like Repunzel but with short hair? X_x
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline RavenFeather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 18, 2012, 07:42:11 AM »
I'm actually surprised that Bronies would even want her. I thought they didn't like any brushables. From what I read frequently on EQD, they seem to only like the ones with molded hair (like from the first gift set) and the blind bags. Are they just making an exception since it's :muffin: Pony? I'm really curious about this.

They went crazy about the 'collectors favourites' pack too that came with Nightmare Moon and DJ PON-3, so I think it matters which pony it is.

You know, apart of me wants to think that Ditzy Doo was originally meant for that favorites pack...

And that is why Dash is there now!  It makes sense!!  But then who would Pinkie be replacing?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 18, 2012, 07:42:33 AM »
They wrote about her in magazines my husband reads, so I could see random pop culture collectors wanting her too like someone said. 

Ugh. I shuddered.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 18, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I think it's kind of funny that Hasbro keeps catering to them with the toys when they don't really buy the brushables in the first place.

But Ditzy is special, I guess. Bronies kind of consider her their brainchild of sorts since they "created" her. Not to mention that she's a highly collectible exclusive. I think some of them will put aside their hatred of "show inaccurate" brushables for the sake of owning Hasbro's gift to them.

Yeah, seconding this. It's a pretty small minority who collect the toys, and TBH, most of them are worlds more interesting than the 'typical' fans. If I ever hear "eww, brushable hair, why doesn't Hasbro cater to its biggest fanbase and make molded-only ponies?" again, it will be too soon!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 18, 2012, 07:42:49 AM »
I saw a custom using a  fashion style applejack on ebay about a month ago, and it was absolutely gorgeous, but I was like "WHY NOT USE ONE OF THE FIVE MILLION FLUTTERSHYS?!?!?!?!?!??!??!" ergh.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 18, 2012, 07:43:42 AM »
They wrote about her in magazines my husband reads, so I could see random pop culture collectors wanting her too like someone said. 

SDFLKSDJF I AM BECOME THE EATER OF WORLDS >8(
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 18, 2012, 07:43:55 AM »

You know, apart of me wants to think that Ditzy Doo was originally meant for that favorites pack...

And that is why Dash is there now!  It makes sense!!  But then who would Pinkie be replacing?

I believe RD and pinkie were to be in there. It's the yellow pony that replaced :muffin: Pony.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 18, 2012, 07:44:30 AM »
I saw a custom using a  fashion style applejack on ebay about a month ago, and it was absolutely gorgeous, but I was like "WHY NOT USE ONE OF THE FIVE MILLION FLUTTERSHYS?!?!?!?!?!??!??!" ergh.

and by fluttershy, I meant pinkie.

I think camping out has made me crazy?

Flutterblossom

« Reply #609 on: July 18, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »

Why would someone do such a thing?!
I know!!! But when I was at MLP Fair I saw some Bronies de-boxing her!!! Right there on the floor too! I bet some went home and cut her hair too! How horrible! I would NEVER put scissor near my fashion styles, and NEVER :muffin: Pony! My current :muffin: Pony is in her box being diplayed in my family's display cabnet.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 18, 2012, 07:45:15 AM »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #611 on: July 18, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »
Yeah, seconding this. It's a pretty small minority who collect the toys, and TBH, most of them are worlds more interesting than the 'typical' fans. If I ever hear "eww, brushable hair, why doesn't Hasbro cater to its biggest fanbase and make molded-only ponies?" again, it will be too soon!
Honestly if they switched completely to molded hair just for the fan base, I'd be angry. These are toys for little girls (kids) after all, most of them -like- to be able to brush and style hair.

But back on topic of camping out... *plops down with a campfire and marshmallows* Mmmm
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 18, 2012, 07:46:38 AM »
It's possible that they made a Playful Pony size Ditzy for the favorites pack and quickly replaced her with Lemon Hearts after the whole controversy. I don't think the FS size one was meant to be there though. I think she was probably always meant to be an exclusive of some sort.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 18, 2012, 07:47:04 AM »

Why would someone do such a thing?!
I know!!! But when I was at MLP Fair I saw some Bronies de-boxing her!!! Right there on the floor too! I bet some went home and cut her hair too! How horrible! I would NEVER put scissor near my fashion styles, and NEVER Ditzy Doo! My current Ditzy Doo is in her box being diplayed in my family's display cabnet.
I admit that if I get her, she's coming out of her box. I just spent all of this effort to find her, so you better believe I'm brushing her hair and playing with her!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #614 on: July 18, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »

Ugh. I shuddered.
What was her listing  called (or do you have a link?)  I'd be curious to see what she looks like.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal