collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why is Princess Celestia pink?  (Read 13429 times)

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
Re: Why is Princess Celestia pink?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 07:12:18 AM »
So with Cadence being a canon character now, Hasbro probably felt it was "safe" enough to finally make a show-accurate Celestia.
Btw, little girls are not stupid and they surely must have realized that the Celestia toy didn't look like the Celestia they knew from TV. Just because something is pink doesn't mean girls will like it better.
This clip is probably well-known by now ;)

Yeh this is what I ment. Even kids must realize that the toy Celestia doesn't look like the Celestia on the show since she's a different colour.
And if Hasbro were so concerned with shoving pink on little girls it makes no sense that she's white in the TV show to me :P

Oh well, I'm just happy they're releasing a white Princess Celestia now. Never wanted to get the pink one since that's not what she is on the show :P
~*Erica*~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline gustystarr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 07:31:40 AM »
 The first thing I would've thought as a little girl is that celestia was'nt the same pony and that this pink one was just her evil twin whose trying to trick everypony into thinking she's there ruler! :lol: But I never did like pink ponies as a kid(and still have an over reactive imagination :biggrin:.) Thats why I use to drool over the G1 cartoons I saw, the ponies were mulitcolor ponies and the whole epsidoe didn't focus around the pink pony. But I guess not every little girls like that.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:23:49 AM by gustystarr »

IBroughtTheDerp

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 07:32:42 AM »
Because Hasbro doesn't know how to make their toys. :I OR maybe... It's a grown-up Princess Candance and it was early foreshadowing? o:

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 07:42:35 AM »
Future FiM plot twist: Turns out that Celestia is really Cadence...FROM THE FUTURE. Time traveling ponies!

IBroughtTheDerp

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 07:43:17 AM »
Future FiM plot twist: Turns out that Celestia is really Cadence...FROM THE FUTURE. Time traveling ponies!
Makes sense. :I

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 07:51:36 AM »
Because Hasbro doesn't know how to make their toys. :I OR maybe... It's a grown-up Princess Candance and it was early foreshadowing? o:

Actually when I first decided to start buying the G4's (after watching all the episodes of FiM) I saw the pink Princess Celestia in the stores and kept thinking it was Princess Cadence for the longest time XD It wasn't untill after a while when I actually stopped and read the box that I realized to my surprise it was Princess Celestia O.o
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

IBroughtTheDerp

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »

Actually when I first decided to start buying the G4's (after watching all the episodes of FiM) I saw the pink Princess Celestia in the stores and kept thinking it was Princess Cadence for the longest time XD It wasn't untill after a while when I actually stopped and read the box that I realized to my surprise it was Princess Celestia O.o
That's just what they WANT you to think.

keikokukien

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »
Hasbro said it was to avoid accusations of racism. Kinda like how our President is now pink.

I'm sorry to be that girl, but can you please change your wording? I have been called this before in a hateful environment and know it is offensive language. That aside, I have heard this before, too. My sister brought up a conversation about pink celestia toys. She's still a kid and sometimes her ideas are refreshing. She said celestia MUST be pink because Hasbro wants to discourage bronies while encouraging little girls to buy her toy. It was a new perspective, but not sure how far it is from the truth behind her being pink.

[slight edit for language ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:03:36 AM by hathorcat »

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 08:31:27 AM »
My sister brought up a conversation about pink celestia toys. She's still a kid and sometimes her ideas are refreshing. She said celestia MUST be pink because Hasbro wants to discourage bronies while encouraging little girls to buy her toy. It was a new perspective, but not sure how far it is from the truth behind her being pink.

Well, Bronies didn't really exist yet when the molded hair gift set came out, which is the first appearance of Pepto Celestia.

keikokukien

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »
Well, Bronies didn't really exist yet when the molded hair gift set came out, which is the first appearance of Pepto Celestia.

Was that the first sign of the pink Celestia? I didn't know that, but now I'll tell her and see how her mind works with that information. :) While pink Celestia is pretty and purple Luna is adorable in toy form, it would just be nice to have at least one of each in show accurate colors.

As others have mentioned - although I dont quite believe its just the retailers who make the condition - Hasbro are not silly and are primarily in the business of making toys and making money - pink ponies must sell better than white ponies...if they didnt they would have changed the predominantly pink tendencies of the line by now.

There are alot of younger girls that have predominantly pink rooms and toys. A few years ago, that wasn't "in fashion" or something, but now I know so many young girls (high school friends have had many children by this point in my life. ^^; ) who have either pink or purple or some color in between for their rooms. As redundant as that color is in the G4 line, you are definitely on the nose here, Hathorcat--they must make more money off of the pink ponies at this point.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 02:50:37 PM »
I really wouldn't worry about it.  I have four daughters, ages 7, 5, 3, and 1.  And yes, while they love ponies and like pink, they also like dinosaurs and cars and have clothes in every color of the rainbow.  Even when they draw and color they use a myriad of colors, and not just pink or purple.  And my oldest constantly tells me that her favorite activity is reading (which she does on her own everyday), so I'm not worried about my girls becoming silly creatures obsessed with one color.

However, I do like that Celestia is being released with a white body color.  I think she just looks better that way!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 03:06:26 PM »
Big retailers still see MLP as a little girl's thing, which is why they demand toys marketable at them.

It is not "seen as" a little girl's thing, it IS for little girls! I don't care how many older collectors or bronies there are, I am sick of them saying FiM/MLP/G4 is for them. Its not. FiM is a show for little girls, and MLP is a toy for little girls. You don't have to be a little girl to enjoy them, obviously, but its marketed at them by Hasbro, not just the evil boy-hating stores.

StarLite

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 05:22:55 AM »
FIM is a show for little girls, and MLP is a toy for little girls. You don't have to be a little girl to enjoy them, obviously, but its marketed at them by Hasbro, not just the evil boy-hating stores.[/center]

The toys definitely are, yes, but I wouldn't say the show is. From the beginning,  Lauren Faust said she was trying to make a show that the parents would enjoy watching with their kids, and with all of the references being made by the team now, it's more marketed towards bronies than little girls.

Offline Visage

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 01:30:59 PM »
I absolutely agree with Starlite!

xXCosmicBurstXx

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2012, 09:03:33 PM »
FIM is a show for little girls, and MLP is a toy for little girls. You don't have to be a little girl to enjoy them, obviously, but its marketed at them by Hasbro, not just the evil boy-hating stores.[/center]

The toys definitely are, yes, but I wouldn't say the show is. From the beginning,  Lauren Faust said she was trying to make a show that the parents would enjoy watching with their kids, and with all of the references being made by the team now, it's more marketed towards bronies than little girls.

No, it's not. FiM is a show for little girls. Lauren Faust said, " I don't think there's enough out there for girls, and when things are aimed towards girls... a lot of it just turns into poor quality stuff, and I think it's people being a little too precious about what's appropriate for girls or being a little short-sighted about what girl's interests are. I want to change that, and I want there to be stuff for girls on TV and in the movies that they like and that they're proud to like, and that they don't stop watching by the time they turn seven." Plenty of cartoons marketed towards children have adult references. It still doesn't change the fact that FiM is a show created for little girls. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal