collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why is Princess Celestia pink?  (Read 13468 times)

Offline Mintymints

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Princess Celestia pink?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »
I hate how stereotyped the colour pink is. I'm extremely embarrassed to get anywhere near the dolls and ponies at stores, because of the pink packaging and little toddler stereotypes that come with that aisle. Sometimes I'll even fake call somebody and be like, "Which pony you want for her?" And stuff, if there's someone else around.  :blush:
It's been that way since I was really young too, I'd always ask my mom when I was 7, "Which one would she like." If someone passed by... :cool:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
I'm tired of people saying FiM is aimed at the brony and/or adult communities because of the in-jokes. There have been adult references and 'in jokes' in cartoons for little kids since the dawn of time. FiM is NOT the first to do this. Heck, look at some of the cartoons from the 80's and you'll find tons of such references, including even political jokes (which surely would not have made any sense to little kids!)

FiM is just one cartoon that is cashing in on the current internet phenominon - the fact that it is now VERY easy for entertainers to communicate with their fans, and visa versa.

As for Celestia, this topic comes up on the Arena from time to time and I hear the same things each time, that the retailers want a pink pony, or that Hasbro thinks pink ponies sell better. I'm still confused though. Out of all the characters from the show that they have made toys of (all 6 of the mane cast, the 3 CMC, Luna and Celestia, and all the blind bag toys) Celestia is the ONLY toy they decided to change from white to pink. They didn't decide to do that with Rarity, and she's white! So I dunno, I just don't buy the whole 'they changed her so they could sell her.' Because following that logic, wouldn't they have made every character from the show pink? :P And she's not even one of the main characters, it's not like she appears in every single episode like the mane 6 do. So changing her in order to sell toys doesn't seem to make much sense when they could have changed someone else who appears more often, Rarity for instance.

Maybe that's why Hasbro felt they could change her without too much backlash from their buyers? Because she doesn't appear in every episode? (Although she technically does if you count the opening, so now I'm stumped again...)

*shrug* I think this is one of those "the world will never know" sort of things...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline gustystarr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »
 I think the reason Rarity is white is because they already have a pink pony, pinkie pie, in the main six.And if you notice pinkie's almost the main character as the shove her in almost every set. Pinkie's always got all the attention in pervious lines, starting with G3, and I'm pertty sure thats because she's the pinkest pony they could create so they naturally think girls will like her more. I don't get how they don't see that  in lines like G1 that lasted for a decade the ponies where every color of the rainbow. Now sure almost every set had one pink pony but there was also a blue one, a green one, a yellow one, and maybe a orange one. The deal of why Celestia pink is because she's a specail "princess pony" which in there minds means she naturally needs to be pink. Plus if they think they sell more pink ponies, then the big more expensive pony should be pink in there logic so they'll sell more. The reason they sell more pink ponies is'nt nessicarly because thats what little girls want, it very well could be that almost every other pony they make is pink so to get a set or another color pony you have to buy the pink one as well. >_< ( alright rant over)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal