collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)  (Read 8734 times)

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
Re: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »
- Any plans for a future Minty? Will we ever get to see a green pony (not including blue-green or teal)?

- Any plans for future boy ponies? And if so, will they all have troll hair?

- Will there be some sort of recognition for 30 year anniversary?

- Will the blind bags have brushable versions?

- Has Hasbro thought about G1/G3 to G4 ponies?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 12:33:58 PM »
1) Are there any plans for more retro releases for the 30th Anniversary of MLP?

2)  Why use the term "cutie mark" instead of symbol? Why are they only one side of the pony's body?

3) (My oldest son wants to ask) "Why do the princess ponies have hair that always moves? Does that mean they are supposed to be prettier than the other ponies?"

I second your first question. They really should do something special for their 30th anniversary. Maybe they could rerelease the G1 ponies that inspired the FiM ponies (surprise, twilight, sparkler, etc) or maybe they could do the FiM ponies in the style of G1's! I hope they answer this!

This.  I'd even settle for G4 incarnations of G1 characters.  I'm rooting for the ponies from Rescue at Midnight Castle or the TAF ponies.

Post Merge: June 15, 2012, 12:37:33 PM

Will we ever be getting more show-accurate toys or plushies?

I just need to ask but what makes you feel the toys are so very not show-accurate? The plush i can very well understand but the toys are really not bad at all. (Apart from the obvious things like pink Celestia)

My questions would be:
- Will we be getting more plush ponies?
- Is there any chance we will be seeing a new pony specie in the near-future? (like sea ponies)
- Will there be new poses?
- Will there be new art ponies (doesn't matter if they are G3 or G4)?
- Any chance we will be seeing "kid" ponies with cutie marks?

I second the question about art ponies.  Would Hasbro ever be willing to release a special line of art/retro ponies and sell them on their website?  That way collectors could all have (more or less) the same chance of getting them but Hasbro wouldn't have to worry about losing money if enough aren't sold in stores.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:37:33 PM by Sunset »

Offline Watercolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »
My questions...

Why doesn't fluttershy have her own blind bag mold, and will she ever get one?

Will you ever remake sea ponies?

Will you make plushies ever? (show accurate, no plastic heads!)

More boy ponies please! (big Mac, Braeburn, etc)

Please do a retro release for your anniversary!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
Having to style everything can be quite tedious, especially if styling isn't your cup of tea.

My Little Pony is all about brushing and styling hair.  Um... they're equine animals.  That's how you "care" for them, which is supposed to mimic what you would do in real life, if you owned a colorful herd of equines.    Since they aren't capable of being exercised (most NOT being mechanical), the only other major aspect of horse-play (ahahahaha) IS brushing and styling them.  Taking that away turns them into another piece of plastic that simply takes up display room.   

<---- Not a fan of molded hair!!

Question for Hasbro:  Will the Collector's Line continue to have two exclusives a year, or can we expect to only see one pony in consecutive years, like this year?

While I understand where you're coming from, there are others like me who would prefer the molded hair and such, haha. It's more of a thing the newer-generation of fans are interested in, from what I can tell. (Which I  happen to be, hehe.)

I know that if they made some sort of a molded line that appealed to the people that are only really interested in FiM, it'd be a good money-maker for them. Not to say I would stop buying brushables if they did, I'm perfectly fine with brushables.

While I love the brushables and don't see them going away ever, I also like the idea of completing the molded hair set with molded hair Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity.  It just seems a little odd to have molded hair Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Celestia but not the rest of the main 6! 

I remember that one of the questions  from last year's Q&A was if we would eventually see Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and Rarity released with molded hair.  The Hasbro rep said the molded hair set did well in terms of sales, but that the brushables have done better.  I'm pretty sure that means that they had no plans of releasing the rest of the main 6 with molded hair.

However, Hasbro is paying increasing amounts of attention to the fans of FiM, so who knows!  Maybe another molded hair pony set could be made as part of their new "collector's" line! I'd love to have a complete set, especially if the rest of the main 6 came with their own molded hair princess.  Molded hair Luna would be amazing!  Anyway, asking about the molded hair set is a good idea, because that will show Hasbro that pony fans are interested in one!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »
Also, was Sweetie Blue cancelled because they went with Cupcake instead? (similar symbols, lol)

I'd like to know about Sweetie Blue as well. She's my favorite blind bag and we never did see anything after that one prototype seen on taobaao (also that yellow unicorn filly).

Ooh I just had a thought. I wonder if we'll ever see younger boy ponies/colts?

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2012, 07:29:22 PM »
Will this thread be updated with answers to the questions they choose to answer?  I hope so! :) 
Thanks!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »
Can we get symbols / cutie marks on both sides of the ponies again, please?

Will G4 Minty ever appear?

Will Hasbro ever make G4 ponies based off G1 ponies (like Applejack was), or at least "inspired by" G1 ponies? 

Any plans for new "regular" pony molds / poses for brushable ponies?  Sitting ponies, trotting ponies, rearing ponies, etc?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »
Will they make G4 families like they did G1s?
And I second the question about making G4 seaponies?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Rion

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »
I don't think we'll be getting any G4's that have cutie marks on both sides, as they seem to be basing them off of FiM, where they're only marked on one side.

Flutterblossom

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2012, 08:22:05 PM »
I don't think we'll be getting any G4's that have cutie marks on both sides, as they seem to be basing them off of FiM, where they're only marked on one side.
In FiM, the ponies have their cutie marks on both sides. G3-g4 toys have always had them on one side, so I guess they want to continue that because it's cheaper. Also in the g3 cartoons they had the cutie marks on both sides.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »
I'd love to know if we're ever going to see Minty, Fashion sized Big Mac, and if they'll ever do more bath toys like Sea Ponies :lovey:

Rion

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2012, 08:49:21 PM »
In FiM, the ponies have their cutie marks on both sides. G3-g4 toys have always had them on one side, so I guess they want to continue that because it's cheaper. Also in the g3 cartoons they had the cutie marks on both sides.

Oh, my bad indeed... I coulda swore I remembered them being one-sided, but after going through and looking again I see they're on both sides.

How embarrassing!

Dibbles

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »
I'm worried that, like last year, the Hasbro representatives aren't going to know what the heck they're talking about.

I'd like to know about Minty and boy ponies, and I also agree with everyone who wants to know what the copyright issue is with G1 names.

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »
I would like to know if they have plans on releasing Minty.
If they have any plans to address the issues with quality control and the head/body colors being so mismatched.
And if we can expect any more art ponies, even if they are in the G4 molds.
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2012, 11:41:09 PM »
I'm curious to know what their official stance is on customs, plushies and customized items or merch made with their trademarked characters.  They're all over on ebay and private forums for sale, but I've only heard of one instance where a cease and desist was sent.  Is there some kind of rule against using the names, likenesses, artwork, or do they not care? 

I Third this question! I am wanting to know this too, it is so important :tellme:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal