collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Leaving ponies behind :<  (Read 5334 times)

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
Leaving ponies behind :<
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:47:08 AM »
I went pony hunting today after uni.  :P  I never usually have any luck with the local charity shops, but in one of them I found five G3s, all in need of some TLC.
Star Catcher, Scootaloo, Scooter sprite, Triple treat & Wondermint, all with tangled hair, dirty marks & what have you. My first impulse was to buy them all, but they cost £2 each & I'm a major cheapskate. xD
I snagged Wondermint, as she was the prettiest of the bunch, but I feel bad about leaving the others behind. I'd have loved to fix Star catcher up too, but her remaining wing was badly ripped & she was coated in dirt & rust, so I couldn't justify spending that much on her.
Who knows, maybe I'll drop by again tomorrow & rescue one more.  ;)
I was wondering what everyone else does in these situations. Are you a no-pony-left-behind sort of collector, or are you more selective?
I've never been lucky enough to find a G1 in a charity shop, but if I did, I'd rescue them regardless of their condition, or who they were. :3 Probably the same with G2s.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving ponies behind :<
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:50:40 AM »
i tend to buy any i see, unless i dont have money, or they are outrageous prices and i already have them.... it's really hard though. seeing a pony just makes me want to grab it and run, and i cant always do that Y_Y
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
If I don't have any money I stay out of the charity shops! I;m always paranoid though that if I don't go in I'm missing out. Same with bootsales - who's to say the time I don't go there is a Ladybird or lilac Dream Castle going for pennies?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 10:36:28 AM »
I usually get all I see, because I enjoy taking them home and cleaning them up.   Then again, the stores I go to I've never seen a pony priced too high.

Unfortunately, I've only seen fakies for the last month :(  :zzz:

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:39:15 AM »
I've only twice found G1s in a charity shop so I'd get any I could find. I've found G2s on a market stall and bought those 'cos at the time lots of people on this club were collecting them, left, right and centre.
I often find G3s, but only picked up a few to send as baits to a friend, and I've traded a couple, but they are so common I haven't bothered with many, to be honest.

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »
I only buy ponies I know I will actually use. I don't buy just to say I have a certain number of ponies. I also won't take it home with me if it's in really bad condition. If I can bring the pony back to decent condition, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll buy most ponies. ^_^
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
I leave common G3s if I already have that one in my collection and a few more in my bait/resell box. Unless they are super pretty like Wondermint. She's probably the only one I would have taken for that price out of the ones you mentioned.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:41:27 AM »
It must be hard to leave them behind.

SuniMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 12:06:23 PM »
I don't think I could eeeever leave a G1 behind... With G2, it depends.... I'll take home my childhood G2's when I find them, even if I don't really care for them anymore... I used to buy up every baity G3, but that's just it... They're bait. And now I have a very full bait box and won't be needed to buy any for awhile.

G4's are hard for me to leave behind, though. ;--;
There's a fashion style pinkie pie at Value Village, and I want to go back for her...

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »
I'll overpay when I am missing a pony. Or, if it's really super condition and has that "new pony smell". haha. If they're cheap I buy em all!

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 12:11:24 PM »
i buy every pony i see in thrift stores, no pony left behind!!!!
unless they're WAYYYY over priced. like if they wanted $5 for a badly baited g3, no way.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 12:58:43 PM »
I used to buy any that I found, but then I realized that a lot of the time I was buying doubles and just putting them in my trade box, and that seemed counterproductive! So now I pick and choose a little more- if she's lovely and I think someone else may need her, I buy her and put her in the trade box. If she isn't, I'll let her wait a week- I usually go in week cycles- and if she's still there, then no other collector or child has come by and needed her, so I'll get her and help her find her way.
Of course, if she's a rare one or a g1, I'm paranoid someone will buy her for a dog toy so I get them to keep them safe. I can only hope we made the right choices!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »
I have never found a used pony in a thrift store! (Wait, actually I think I vaguely remember glimpsing a McD pony at one point...)

This post makes me want to go to more Goodwill stores! XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Vampasaurus

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Champion of Kirkwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 01:29:19 PM »
I have never found a used pony in a thrift store! (Wait, actually I think I vaguely remember glimpsing a McD pony at one point...)

This post makes me want to go to more Goodwill stores! XD

^my exact feelings. The only pony I ever found at a goodwill was a sunrise song with no hair at all.

http://vampasaurus.tumblr.com/

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 01:49:56 PM »
 I do admit I have left G1s behind before. Though they were super common filled with pony cancer ect. I try to rescue what ponies I can get and maybe someone on here may want. I love to take every pony home but I also have a full bait box but mainly with G3 ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal