collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Have You Lost Over the Years?  (Read 16124 times)

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What Have You Lost Over the Years?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 03:34:38 PM »
I had a bunch of ponies that I have NO clue what happened to them. I KNOW I didn't throw them out, give them away, or anything. But they're literally nowhere to be found. I want my styling-size Starcatcher back!
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »
My childhood ponies are lost on my aunt's attic...
And i think i lost a lot of brushes, ribbons and puffy stickers over the years. I know i always kept the backcards but they are also mia...
Hope to find my ponies soon, i talked about with my mom and she want to help to dig them out of my aunt's attic!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
My childhood collection I gave away when I was around 13 or 14. :cloud:

kmlv23

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »
My childhood G2 Sky Skimmer and her accessories. :(

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 05:23:33 PM »
Accessories...  All Baby Drummers accessories ;_;  Those are the ones I really regret losing ;_;

And... I think there are all?

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 05:54:30 PM »
Echoing "my sanity"! *LOL* XD

I  mentioned this in another thread last week, but it's more topical for here: all my G1 pony stuff that wasn't ponies. Accessories, packaging, board games, inserts advertising mail orders, books....I miss the books more than anything.

I didn't lose any of this stuff, though...I kept *everything*. I didn't realize till I was a teenager, but my mother would sneak into my room when I was out and discard everything she thought I was too old for. The whole family used my bedroom as a storage room, so it was easy for me to fail at noticing some of my own stuff was gone. My mother either didn't realize or didn't agree with my wanting to keep everything AND keep it in perfect shape. Not because I was planning to have a valuable collection someday, but because I was a bit of a hoarder who hated it when my things got dirty or damaged. (After getting yelled at by multiple people for my ponies being pristine--the implication being that I was ungratefully not playing with my toys if they weren't dirty--I played the heck out of them and never cleaned them after play anymore. No more pristine ponies in my collection.) :(

Now that my mother realizes how much some of this stuff would've been worth, she instead gives me disapproving looks for taking my new ponies OUT of the packaging! "But what if it gets dirty? What if you decide to sell it later?" Glad you came full circle, mom...but couldn't you have done that twenty-five years ago?? =^^;=
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:56:12 PM by Mystagic »
Don't look for me!

Offline foxyfennec

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://foxyfennec.deviantart.com
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
My original "Firefly's Adventure" VHS.  Loaned it to my neighbor in college.  *wry grin*

It doesn't really matter now that I have every G1 cartoon on DVD, but it ticks me off because it was an original item from my childhood collection.  :C

I also lost my favorite pony (prior to Fizzy) when we moved to our house in 1986.  I never found Powder, and at that point, she was long out of stores.  I replaced her in 2004 with a gorgeous near-mint gal.  I was so happy, you have no idea. XD

I also traded Sherbet for Cranberry Muffins with one of my childhood BFFs.  Oh, it was a smart move, in terms of value.  She asked for the trade, and since I had Sweet Scoops (who is pretty identical to Sherbet in color), I agreed.  My mom also encouraged the trade because Sherbet's scent "triggered her migraines"  LOL!

I guess Sherbet isn't really a "lost" pony, since I gave her up willingly, but I loved Sherbet and I miss her.  Still... Cranberry Muffins?  WOULD TAKE OVER SHERBET ANYDAY.  *drool*

Offline RavenFeather

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
Baby Drummer!  I had taken him and several other baby ponies to my mom's work one summer day when I was about 6 or 7, so I could play in the waiting room while she was working (She works at a car dealership).  I accidentally left him behind in a toy barn, so we went back to get him, and he was GONE!!  And by then G1 Ponies were no longer even sold in stores, so I was devastated.

Just a few years ago I got him replaced thankfully though!

Other than that, some Newborn Twins tiny accessories, brushes...always the brushes, most of the Dream Castle accessories (it was missing 99% of the accessories when I got it at a Garage Sale), and Ribbons.  I almost got a gallon-sized baggie full of G1 Ribbons at an insane MLP Garage Sale up the road, but I didn't have an extra $5 left after everything I bought there! XD I had hoped maybe after the garage sale was done, the ribbons would be left over..maybe nobody would know what it was..but everything besides the Show Stable which I had asked to be put on hold for me, was gone.  Apparently there is another collector in town!
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 10:10:43 PM »
Hmm. . .

As of the moment, I'm still missing my childhood Raincurl and Wind Whistler.  Wind Whistler is long gone; I lost her at the mall when I was four (and I have no clue what I would have done with her sticker/brush/ribbon when I was that age) but Raincurl should still be here.  I am also concerened that I'm missing a stack toy (it was moved when it wasn't supposed to be.)

On the bright side, we just emptied out my parents' house for the contractors that are coming in tomorrow and it was a bit like a treasure hunt.  I didn't find any ponies but I did find two MOC Worlds of Wonder toys (Teddy Ruxpin figures,) my CPK's original dress and adoption papers and a vintage Strawberry Shortcake girl's dress and sock (must have been my sister's) among other things  Plus at least 3 pairs of vintage leg warmers.  :D
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2012, 12:06:33 AM »
I was so careful with my childhood ponies but somewhere along the line I lost AppleJack's comb.  I missed it so much for so many years so I was happy when I discovered ponies for sale online and finally managed to replace it. 

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2012, 01:03:56 AM »
I had Party Time in my G1 collection a few years ago.. and since I moved houses I cannot find her anywhere :( No idea where she went as all the other girls made it here safe and sound :(

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2012, 05:34:06 AM »
Two of my Sqirmys when I moved out of my ex-boyfriend's apartment  :cry:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2012, 11:32:30 AM »
Pony barrettes!  I used to wear them in my hair when I was a kid and I had no idea they were MLP!  We got rid of all of them (and some pony combs too I think) and now I wish we hadn't.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »
At one point I was missing a whole bunch of stuff (mostly accessories and a few ponies), but they eventually turned up in my sister's room, lol.

However, that box included the princess comb I had thought looooooooong gone. What wasn't in there, however, was the princess hat and wand. They have been missing since I started recollecting. I thought they were in the Barbie box in the loft, but no. I still swear there must be another Barbie box up there (admittedly it's more Sindy than Barbie!) that has them in, but no sign yet!

I did go into a big panic when I lost variant Baby Billie in the middle of Birmingham! That was not a good moment! Luckily a very kind person returned her :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »
I don't think I've ever lost any pony stuff, but I had a MIB Galadriel doll totally disappear. I mean, we even moved since then and never found her.  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal