collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: **Advent Calendar Swap Brag Thread  (Read 33820 times)

Online Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
Re: **Advent Calendar Swap Brag Thread 1 / Day 1 - Day 8 **
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
Whee!  So glad you like the tote, MercyNova =)  I have a Twilight Sparkle one that I've used for the past year and a half and it's held up great. I take it everywhere. And of course I had to give you the Christmas pony first so she can enjoy watching you open all the other Christmas goodies.

Yes, DancingPhoenix, I made the tote. I sell them in my Etsy shop and at conventions.  I'll have a whole bunch at the 2013 Pony Fair!

No tree up yet, so everything is piled up on the shelving unit next to my desk.  We should get the tree up tomorrow and I'll put the rest under then.

First off, the totally awesome box!  Those holographic stars are awesome and I absolutely adore my persona being on the box!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here's the sweet watercolor TwilightWhispers did for me.  She did a card too, but it somehow escaped being photographed.  I'll have to take a picture of it tomorrow=)

Now, on to the gifts!  Here's day 1.  I adore that blue ribbon!  So pretty=)

And opened...

Sunglider!  She's so pretty!  THANK YOU!  I just love winger ponies. 

The chocolate has been hidden to enjoy in a few months. I have cavities and am working on curing them, so no sugar for me until March! I'm saving all the candy I get so I can enjoy it once my teeth are better.  It's being tossed up onto the top shelf of my kitchen cabinet. I can't see it, can't reach it. When spring comes, I'm pulling out that ladder and getting my goodies!

Misty wanted to help me find the right package.

So I put the blue ribbon around her neck!  It matches her eyes perfectly, but I couldn't get a good shot of them because she was more interested in eating the ribbon than sitting pretty.

Thanks for a great first day, TwilightWhispers!

Edit 12/11- Okay, the days had to be spoilered.  I'm editing this post with all of my gifts and it's going to get way too long otherwise!

Edit- Day 2!

Spoiler

Baby HoneyBerry and Gingko Tea!

Edit- Days 3 and 4

Day 3

Spoiler

Looks like lots of us got notebooks on day 3!  That little round package? Turns out it was more chocolate.  TwilightWhispers, you are absolutely torturing me with goodies!

Day 4

Spoiler
Just look at that pretty little ornament! It is now on my tree =)

And opened....

That G3 Zak thing is so cool! I'm guessing it's supposed to be for food? I'm probably going to take it to conventions to store my business cards, pencils, etc in =) It's filled to the brim with more Milka chocolates. I gave hubby two and have stashed away the rest. I can't wait until I can eat these again!

But, the best part of day 4 is....

Blind Bag Cheerilee! EEEHHH! I literally squeed out loud when I opened her.

Thanks for more great gifts, Twilight Whispers! It's getting harder and harder to wait on opening the rest because these have been so perfectly awesome.

Edit- Day 5! 

Spoiler
I can't believe it.  It's just too awesome!

Another G2 baby! This one is Sparkle, one of the Royal Twins.  And now to run off and start squeezing packages to see if Jewel is hiding somewhere  :frolic:

THANK YOU TW!!!!!!

Oh, and I've got to say, the bath salts are absolutely amazing.  They smell so yummy! I was so close to buying some salts at the store yesterday, but something told me to hold off on it.  Good thing I did, because these are tempting me to get in the tub right now.

Day 6-

Spoiler

Hmmm... What's in here?

Hah!  A scalp scratcher!  Or scalp massager ;) These things are hillarious and awesome because they put people in good moods.

The foot soak is wonderful!  I wore 3" heals for the first time in months today and one of these was a great way to rest my hurting feet when I got home.  The disposable nail files went into various purses for future use.  I typically have super long nails and go through a lot of files, so these are really useful!

Thanks for the relaxing, pampering day!

Day 7-

Spoiler
Yes, I skipped a couple of days here.  Misty has found  a package that she would not leave alone, no matter where I put it.  She can open doors and kitchen cabinets, so there is no safe place to stash it. I'll open day 7 on the 9th =D

The lovely, if somewhat mangled, package:

Even taking pictures, she wouldn't leave it alone!

What was so tempting to my little kitty?

Butter Stolen!  Fortunately, she only made it through the wrapping paper and not the cellophane, so the food is fine. This stuff is amazing.  My brother would send it when he was stationed in Germany and it was a favorite Christmas treat.  I've decided that I'm enjoying a piece on Christmas! After all, if I'm good about food up until then, one day of misbehaving shouldn't have too bad an effect.

There was also some pony wear!  I had to show hubby how it worked, but the only G1 I had was Sunburst, and this certainly wasn't going to fit him.

I have decided that pony leg warmers make excellent people finger warmers.  I may wear them on cold days when typing ;)

- Day 8:

Spoiler
Two packages!

Check out that snow globe! I LOVE the drawing of my persona!  She looks like she'd be such a cute SS rearing G1. If it wasn't so much trouble to de-flock a Truly, customize her, and re-flock her, I might actually make one.  The globe now sits on my desk, where it will remain forever!

-Day 9

Spoiler

I opened Day 7 because Day 9 was opened on the 7th.

Knick Knack!  The very last breezie I needed to complete my set  :frolic:

Day 10-

Spoiler

Day 11-

Spoiler
FLUTTER WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how close they are to original wings. Now my Wing Song can be all pretty again =)  No, pony wasn't included, just the wings. Wing Song was the closest model so she gets to show off my most spectacular of all presents.

I'm about to make myself a cup of that tea too. Just finished my morning tea and I've never had vanilla green tea.  This stuff smelled so good as I was unwrapping it!

Day 12

Spoiler
I really shouldn't stay up so late listing stuff on e-bay  :zzz: Oh well, at least it means I'm getting rid of stuff!

After sleeping in way late today, I opened Day 12!

Blue Ember!  She's the last one I needed to complete my Embers =) Yay!   She'll go join her sisters after the swap.  All my swap ponies are currently overtaking a cubby on my computer desk.

I really like those socks.  They're the perfect shade of purple and feel really nice.  I just migth wear them today when I go to the post office.

Yesterdays tea? Absolutely wonderful! I think I have a new favorite tea.

Day 13

Spoiler
Oh, my, Twilight Whispers! You are starting a serious addiction for me.  Honestly, how am I supposed to resist such cuteness?

Just look at that adorable pose! Seriously, G4 needs some dynamic poses like Baby Flitter's.

And that bath salt!  Mmmmmmm..... I know what I'm doing tonight!

Day 14-

Spoiler

Another Wave 2 blind Bag! I'm getting close to having a blind bag for each brushable counterpart =) The pretty roses are pink and clear magnets. I actually have four magnetic strips to either side of my art desk where I put reference art up while working on a project.  These magnets are great for that and even match my color theme!

Day 15-

Spoiler

Wigwam!!!! I'm almost done with collecting boys now!  Isn't he so pretty?  I love the feather in his mane so much. That bandana is the perfect color for him. But, that's not the only bandana I received today.  I got Baby Paw's bandana! Ember is modeling it for him.

I've also decided that Baby Flitter is clearly Wigwams grandfilly. You'd have to be blind not to see the familial resemblance! Besides, it's just too cute to have gigantic big brother pony with such a tiny little filly.

Day 16-

Spoiler

Well, this one was easy to unwrap...

Ooh!  Custom box!  How cool!

Check out all that amazing stuff Twilight Whispers crammed into that little box! TWO ponies, a gigantic hand full of ribbons, hair, pins, wings, and jewels.  I am seriously impressed at your cramming ability, TW.

I can't wait for my new airbrush needle to arrive! I've got to get these beauties painted up and customized! I'm already thinking that baby is going to become a butterfly/fairy custom. Those sparkly wings are so inspiring!

Day 17-

Spoiler

Dragonfly stamp! I've been wanting a stamp to use for conventions! I wanted something with a dragonfly or fern to use for making cards and price tags.  This is so perfect!

And another notebook and pencil.  I'm gonna be set for notebooks for a long time!  Well, maybe not a very long time.  I tend to use them up fairly quickly ;) I love those pencils where you take the used up one off the top and push it in the bottom to push up a new tip. Those things were all the rage when I was in elementary school. This brings back such happy memories.

THANK YOU, TWILIGHT WHISPERS!  :frolic:

Day 18-

Spoiler
I can't believe how fast this month is going! My tree is beginning to look fairly bare underneath. But, my computer desk is filled with ponies and my art desk with lovely inspiration and customizing goodies! Now, to go open day 18!

This is one I've been wanting to get into for a while. It's big, but squishy.

Hahahah! Pony comic book!  This thing rules! Wow. I really wish I could read it, but just the pictures themselves are great. I'll have to scan in all the pages and see if I can get some translations.

Here are some of the things I've figured out.

Baby Tic-Tac-Toe is apparently Baby Trixie in Germany!  Scoot over, Great and Powerful one; there's an old Trixie in town.

It appears that Spike was called Puff.  *giggles* Puff the baby dragon! And here, he's totally rocking out his gangsta look.

This book is awesome, TwilightWhispers! I'm getting so much entertainment out of it =)

Ooh, not to shortchange my gift, but the red thing is a make your own purse.  It looks like I get to embroider it and sew it together. I'm going to save this for New Years at the in-laws. It's a five hour drive, so this will give me something to do in the car =) And I'll have a new purse afterwards!

Day 19

Spoiler

Palm Fern Seeds! TwilightWhispers, you have found my weakness. I am mad for ferns and was so sad when I had to give my old ones to Mom when I moved. There was no way I was leaving my Victoria Lady Fern or the Autumn Fern at my old condo; they would die from lack of care. Unfortunately, my new place gets too much sun for ferns to be happy. But, now I can have some in the house!  :frolic: I even already have a purple pot to get some started in.

I know the one Petal Blossom is from McDonalds. Where is Sundance from? I've never seen one like this before! And I didn't have either one, so I'm totally happy to add them to my  McPonies collection.

Day 20

Spoiler

Baby Wiggles! And a really cute Pegasus notepad. Dang, TwilightWhispers, you are very good at hiding if there's a pony in a package or not. I love her little squinted eyes.
Day 21

Spoiler

And it's Baby Giggles! YAY!  Twins!

Can you believe how cute they are together? I'm in love. After this swap, I'm probably going on a G2 baby buying spree to fill in any that I'm missing!

By the way, the earrings are awesome too.  They're perfect! Big, shiny, and silver.  These will go with so much of what I wear and I love them.

Day 23-

Spoiler

Another pony comic in German! This thing is just as great as the first one. I'll have to take a better look at it later and scan it in.  It had a little plastic bag glued to the cover. This is the perfect 'lunch sack' to put my G3 water bottle and snack box in! It's pretty big, as you can see by WigWam in the photo.

More chocolates too. Yum.  Nooooooooooo, I haven't sampled any of them.  Nope. Not me.  I've got the willpower of a ravenous dog with a steak in front of him.  :lol: The three I ate were awesome  :satisfied: Now, back to my diet!

Day 24-
Spoiler

STARSWIRL!!!!!  :lovey: She's so pretty. I have now received a pony from every generation in this swap. TwilightWhispers, you have absolutely spoiled me silly! Thank you doesn't even begin to cover it. You have made this December one of the best months I've had in a very long time. Thank you, thank you, thank you  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:03:54 AM by Eskara1862 »

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »
What a nice drawing and Sun Glider in baggy 1 - WOW Congrats!!

Off to open Pressie Nr. 2 now.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »
I am so pleased to see people doing brags.  Thats just fantastic it makes this swap so much more meaningful to see all these precious little gifts.

I thought I was going to moms tomorrow and as it turns out I am going during the week...so I will be able to post my brags everyday until Wednesday and Thursday which I won't be...but then I will be back Friday to post all three days in one post..whooo hooo.

Post Merge: December 01, 2012, 04:15:55 PM

What a nice drawing and Sun Glider in baggy 1 - WOW Congrats!!

Off to open Pressie Nr. 2 now.

You are soooo lucky...day 2 already. LOL I have a 12 hour wait.  ROFLOL....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:15:55 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »
Eskara your cat looks so funny trying to get the ribbon off. 

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2012, 05:18:32 PM »
So many lovely brags, and so many lovely ponies!

And here is mine from the lovely Honeycomb:

But I have 4 errant packages who have lost their number labels!  Two 9s, a 12 and a 21.  I don't suppose you remember which is which Honeycomb (I wouldn't.)  If not, I'll just pop the labels onto them and guess.

And day 1...TWO ponies! and two bookmarks:

This is a great start!  Thank you, Honeycomb!

Elf

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
ok....i have my morning coffee....and NoDivision said I needed to open now! (lol)
so OMG YAY!! I got a pony day one too :D its Speckles!!! she is so adorable and perfect :heart:

Oh you are soooo lucky....I have Bunkie and Speckles is one special pony. What a way to start your day one...whooohooooo

I am super excited about it! Speckles and Bunkie are the last 2 newborns twins I need to have a complete set!

OMG that blue star ribbon is AWESOME!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »

I've already broke open the candy canes. MMM tastes so good with my coffee!

I have never seen that flavor before. Very interesting! I remember when I worked in retail on year during Christmas, a lady came through my line buying all kinds of wacky flavors of candy canes. She told me they were for her horse. I'd love to help her feed those treats to her horses. So cute! :D

Everyone is getting some really great stuff. :)  I wonder if I will be able to stay up until midnight again tonight or I'll crash.

Tulagirl- Don't worry if you can't post your brags everyday. I saw your note to me in an earlier thread. I understand that you have a lot going on right now so you can only do it when you can do it. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »
Sorry I'm running late!  My day (well, my last week or so) has been out of control.  A big thank you to my partner, Tilas!  It's something great to look forward to in the morning - knowing there is are tons of little presents waiting for me to pick one!  Hee, and yeah Xeevee, I'm the sort that needs authority like numbers a bit.  Not because I can't stop at one though, but because I'm indecisive.  Sorry my numbers stress you, Tilas!  I didn't actually know they would so it wasn't intentional. >.<

The hat was semi-homemade.  I bought the hat and hubby and I had fun making the little Pinky.

Here is a picture of my presents from Tilas by the tiny tree I nabbed from my mom so we'd have something this year:

Day #1

Morning Monarch!  ^^

Day #2

Tetley Chai!  The best of both worlds (Tetley and chai)....and I didn't even know it existed! Boiling the kettle right now!

Day #3

A McDonald's G3 and Hershey's chocolates!

Day #4

Hot cocoa, mmm!  And some of Tilas' own handmade key chains!  Awesome!  Tilas was actually my partner, too.  When I was trying to learn about her, I saw she made these and wanted some!  Yay!  And of course, Queen Chrysalis, best pony ever!  Well, best evil bug pony changeling thing ever!  >_<

Day #5

Another cocoa and some cool homemade buttons!  They are now decorating my tree with the keychains.  I wanna keep everything together until after Christmas.  Err, except I ate the candy and have had some chai so far.  ^^

Day #6

McDonald's Cheerilee and more Hershey's...which are gone.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:07:07 PM by RedLynx »

kittykat7

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »
I opened my day 1 present way early this morning, but I have had a fabulously long day so I couldn't upload my pictures yet. 

Here is my day 1 box...

An adorable pair of Hello Kitty pajamas for my Build A Bears!  They are so awesome.  And Sno-Glo!!!  She is adorable with her snow hat on. 

Great day 1 Tula.  I cannot wait to open the rest.  They are all so tempting... especially all of the ones that say homemade item inside!!!

Post Merge: December 01, 2012, 06:09:46 PM

Hey Buddafly... the tin with candy and the ornament was day 1. I thought it was numbered.

it may have come off?  I never found the little mini ornament with a 1 on it :)  it's no worries, though! <3

Yeah, it must have fallen off.  The ornaments look great on your tree. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:09:46 PM by kittykat7 »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
I had some gifts that I couldn't find numbers on...I turned them this way and that way and never saw the numbers at all.  My eyes are not that great.  Finally after looking for a while I found them. Then I saw a sticker on the floor and had no idea at all what package it went to. So I looked and looked for a package without a sticker. Boy I sure hope I got that right...I guess it fell out when I was digging around for day one and then pulled everything out of the box. Yay so much fun.

Thanks Dazzle: I just wanted to make sure you knew why I might disappear....cause I am loving my box!!!! :biggrin:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:39:59 PM by tulagirl »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
Wow, I figured those stickers were on pretty good. At the time I wrapped them, they didn't have the cute Christmas labels at stores yet so I had to use the little dots.

It doesn't really matter what order you open them in. I kinda spaced the ponies and other random things out. But it sounds like you figured it out, yes?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2012, 06:40:57 PM »
Yea I think so...it was day three sticker that was on the floor.  Hey it wouldn't be fun without a little mystery.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2012, 07:29:54 PM »
need moar brags!

Online Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »
need moar brags!

Two more hours and I could post one!  But, I'll probably be asleep.

By the way... Your Watson used to be Wolverine, wasn't he?  :devious:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
:O .... yes

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal