collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Frankie's Vanity (Pic Heavy)  (Read 1253 times)

StormyRavenNeko

• Trade Count: (0)
Frankie's Vanity (Pic Heavy)
« on: November 08, 2012, 07:38:52 PM »
Since I have not seen anyone do it yet... Here we GO!I love the dynamic of this set but I felt it was a bit lacking in extra pieces like Cleo's had. The chair swivels which I found nifty, the mirror opens up revealing a few more extra shelves. I'm not sure if you can tell but there are little shelves on either side of the mirror itself. Cool factor - there are outlets on the vanity to plug in the charger for Frankie (which fit on just fine) & her hairdryer, the plugs actually have the "male" parts that go into the sockets - forgot to get a picture of that & will have to here in a little while. *squeeeeee* There was a little sticker sheet to place the "photos" of her friends on the back board & they were numbered & the instruction sheet was clear on placement. The only other thing that kinda irked me - the pink is a touch off from matching the bed completely. If I missed anything else or you have anymore questions let me know and I'll do my very best to reply.  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

***EDIT***
Here's the plug~  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:37:20 PM by StormyRavenNeko »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Frankies Vanity (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »
Since I have not seen anyone do it yet... Here we GO!I love the dynamic of this set but I felt it was a bit lacking in extra pieces like Cleo's had. The chair swivels which I found nifty, the mirror opens up revealing a few more extra shelves. I'm not sure if you can tell but there are little shelves on either side of the mirror itself. Cool factor - there are outlets on the vanity to plug in the charger for Frankie (which fit on just fine) & her hairdryer, the plugs actually have the "male" parts that go into the sockets - forgot to get a picture of that & will have to here in a little while. *squeeeeee* There was a little sticker sheet to place the "photos" of her friends on the back board & they were numbered & the instruction sheet was clear on placement. The only other thing that kinda irked me - the pink is a touch off from matching the bed completely. If I missed anything else or you have anymore questions let me know and I'll do my very best to reply.  ^.^
Spoiler

Eeee, awesome owner pics! Thanku. :) I really like the design, it's very Frankie, and the swiveling chair and hidden mirror cabinet are awesome. I'm sad that it doesn't have as many accessories as Cleo's though. That's one of the best parts.

StormyRavenNeko

Re: Frankie's Vanity (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:42:54 PM »
Eeee, awesome owner pics! Thanku. :) I really like the design, it's very Frankie, and the swiveling chair and hidden mirror cabinet are awesome. I'm sad that it doesn't have as many accessories as Cleo's though. That's one of the best parts.

Thank you~ :) I completely agree - I loved Cleo's vanity for all of the little pieces that it came with and the attention to detail was amazing! I feel that they didn't put much effort because they lacked the inspiration for extra little pieces for Frankie. Though the charging portion was a neat little add-on.  A bit redundant if you already have the bed. How often does Frankie have to charge up anyways?  LOL!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:18:20 PM »
That's awesome. Kinda makes me want to get it myself. I missed out on Frankie's bed though. I do quite like Cleo's vanity.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »

Thank you~ :) I completely agree - I loved Cleo's vanity for all of the little pieces that it came with and the attention to detail was amazing! I feel that they didn't put much effort because they lacked the inspiration for extra little pieces for Frankie. Though the charging portion was a neat little add-on.  A bit redundant if you already have the bed. How often does Frankie have to charge up anyways?  LOL!

Ohh, you know, if you hadn't posted that, I'm not sure I would have been able to tell what that random cord was for! XD That's actually a really cute idea. And HA, I hear you. Maybe she needs some extra juice because she's always powering things for other monsters? (Like the music at Cleo's dance party!) Haha.

At least I'll be able to use some of the other Frankie accessories I have, like the little ones that came with the bed and her DT doll! :) The bed itself has a cabinet where they stay right now but you can't actually see them since I display it upright.

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 11:37:57 PM »
Must...resist....  That vanity is sooo cool.  I love the hidden shelves and that stuff plugs in.  If I get the vanity, I'll want to get her bed too.   Must....resist......

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »
That's actually really cutee, I thought I would dislike it hugely since it is a big piece of plastic (I study Biology and landfill sites! XD) but actually, it's unique little details make me rather like it! Espeically the pictures of Holt and Jackson. I just wish she'd decide which one she likes more! *sigh*

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 05:30:38 AM »
Thanks for the in-depth photo review! I love it, and if I had a Frankie I'd definitely get it for her. The only thing that would make this perfect would be if Draculaura's picture were missing its face. xD But I love the little charging cord and the secret compartments behind her mirror.

I hope the furniture sets sell well, because I would love to see a vanity for Lagoona or a bed for Cleo next. O:

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 09:38:43 AM »
Thanks for the in-depth photo review! I love it, and if I had a Frankie I'd definitely get it for her. The only thing that would make this perfect would be if Draculaura's picture were missing its face. xD But I love the little charging cord and the secret compartments behind her mirror.

I hope the furniture sets sell well, because I would love to see a vanity for Lagoona or a bed for Cleo next. O:

Ooh, I wonder what Lagoona's vanity would look like! Organic sea-life designs (coral, shells), or maybe something like her tank, a bit Mad Science-y?

I'd also like to see some furniture for Ghoulia. The scooter is actually a super adorable design, but vehicles just aren't as much fun as furniture. Granted, I'm not sure what a themed zombie bed or vanity might look like, but hey, I would have said thing about a "zombie...scooter?" They can do it!

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »
The only thing that would make this perfect would be if Draculaura's picture were missing its face. xD

Makes sense to me, Mattel cannot seem to make up their mind if Draculaura shows up in photos or not. The Picture Day release that is coming out soon is a prime example.

Must...resist....  That vanity is sooo cool.  I love the hidden shelves and that stuff plugs in.  If I get the vanity, I'll want to get her bed too.   Must....resist......

Give in already, this stuff is AWESOME!  :P  The beds are what broke me of being a MIB collector. :D

but actually, it's unique little details make me rather like it! Espeically the pictures of Holt and Jackson. I just wish she'd decide which one she likes more! *sigh*

I cannot agree more, she needs to make up her mind already. But then again... having both would not be so bad since the boys share a body which can get interesting.  :3

Ooh, I wonder what Lagoona's vanity would look like! Organic sea-life designs (coral, shells), or maybe something like her tank, a bit Mad Science-y?

I'd also like to see some furniture for Ghoulia. The scooter is actually a super adorable design, but vehicles just aren't as much fun as furniture. Granted, I'm not sure what a themed zombie bed or vanity might look like, but hey, I would have said thing about a "zombie...scooter?" They can do it!

Lagoona's vanity would so be made out of coral with bits of shells. Makes me wonder if they plan on expanding for everyone, I just do not have the space....  >.<  Ghoulia should have a canopy bed & the bed frame is made from bones.  :3 I'm not much into the vehicles either, I feel like they are taking up some valuable space but I love the scooter.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
The only thing that would make this perfect would be if Draculaura's picture were missing its face. xD

Makes sense to me, Mattel cannot seem to make up their mind if Draculaura shows up in photos or not. The Picture Day release that is coming out soon is a prime example.

Sorry to sound like a know-it-all, but.....

The ghouls downloaded an app for their icoffins, allowing Lala to be photographed at the dance that night :blush:  That's why she's in photos from Dawn of the Dance:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »
I don't have Cleo's vanity yet [I can't figure out where I'll put it!] but I'm pretty sure it comes with jewelry and bits for her. Does Frankie's vanity come with something similar?

StormyRavenNeko

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »

The ghouls downloaded an app for their icoffins, allowing Lala to be photographed at the dance that night :blush:  That's why she's in photos from Dawn of the Dance:)

:blush: You're right!  It's just been forever since I saw the first special, I totally forgot about that.  ^.^

I don't have Cleo's vanity yet [I can't figure out where I'll put it!] but I'm pretty sure it comes with jewelry and bits for her. Does Frankie's vanity come with something similar?

Sadly Frankie's vanity did not come with extra jewelry bits - this is why I was slightly disappointed. Though her I <3 Fashion release is what came with the extra jewelry bits. I Mattel may be cutting some corners there - same cost or more, less accessories. I'm starting to feel like Mattel is taking advantage of the fact that this is now their cash cow and people will shell shameless amounts of money for most of it OR they are trying to push the boundaries of us to see how much we will spend for their products.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »

Don't apologize, that's awesome that you know that. I've probably seen that special twice and I totally missed that information, or completely forgot it if I ever knew! Personally I hadn't really thought about the apparent visible/not-visible discrepancies much, possibly because I think the "invisible in mirrors/cameras/etc" bit of lore is really silly. It just doesn't make any sense, so I choose not to make it part of my personal canon of "standard vampire traits".

Sometime's they make Ula's struggles with it cute, but other times it's just groan-inducing. Like the stupid mirror decal in the Powder Room set. Not only is it an image decal instead of a reflective surface (like Cleo's), which is just lame to begin with, but because Mattel is totally inconsistent it has TWO VARIATIONS, which is just frustrating to a completionist like me. As I know you understand. :) Even though I have the set with the doll, I'm constantly tempted to buy the second non-doll set because of the vanity differences. I can't decide if the nightgown or the signature look decal is preferable (since reflective-instead-of-decal is really what I want). I lean towards the nightgown, since that matches the doll, but I REALLY want the doors with the white-painted trim. And that's only on the signature decal! :| I'll probably end up trying to combine the two, but still, that is dumb and I should not have to do that.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 08:56:25 PM »
Keelee:  I hear you:)  I bet finding just the (painted) vanity would be rather easy/cheap on Ebay.  I just bit the bullet and bought both sets (with doll and without.)  I also bought both of Ghoulia's Scooters.  I HAD to have the "paper dolls" because I'm nuts :lol:  It sucks putting extra money into things you shouldn't have to, I know.  Did you know the Costco exclusive Coffin Bean doesn't have the apron included?

I forgot to mention this before, but I love RM Frankie in DotD Clawdeen's tights!  I kinda wish they would release a Frankie with that skintone, bright green!  Would have been an awesome way to go for GR.

Lastly, the whole Lala in photos thing is explained away on the back of one of the boxes, and maybe on the back of the DotD postcards:)  I guess I just thought it was cute attention to detail and it stuck in my brain.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal