collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wave 2 Blind bags in US stores?  (Read 17266 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Wave 2 Blind bags in US stores?
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
They are probably not the same wave but we don't know if they are going to skip the other waves so they can release the wave with Cadence or not.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 02:41:25 PM »
They are probably not the same wave but we don't know if they are going to skip the other waves so they can release the wave with Cadence or not.
Nooo Wardah don't say that Dx If I have to buy the other waves off evilbay I won't be too happy.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 03:09:30 PM »
I had just joined the arena and saw a thread about blind bags and wen't "oh, that's nice" Then on my birthday a friend gave me this awesome goodie bag of crochet stuff and two blind bags. I got Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle. She said she had randomly spotted them at Walmart and my sister had her i liked MLP so she grabbed them. Well now that i'm interested i can't find a single one! I've visited the same walmart my friend shops at multiple times without luck, not even an empty space! It was not until i read this particular thread that i learned TRU stands for Toys R Us. So i now i'll be off trolling them too.
It's super cool that wave 2 is arriving but i haven't been able to get the first wave!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
I don't have a TRU close enough to me to check (I used to, but they closed a few years ago and Best Buy opened in its place) but my Wal-Mart always seems to have a full stock of them. And it's not just the same box that no one's buying, either, because I always check and different ones will be missing each time (I have all 24 numbers memorized) and it seems to switch between the 2 and 5 digit codes. Of course, it wasn't like that when they first showed up. The first time I found them, there were just a few left, so I bought them and the box. But the other Wal-Mart that's a bit farther away (and pretty much in the middle of nowhere) had a full box. It took awhile, but lately they've been keeping them stocked all the time. I go to Wal-Mart 3-4 times a month anyway, so I tend to pick up some to trade everytime I go.

I know I'm probably lucky to have a Target and Wal-Mart both within 2 miles of my house, but sometimes I wish we still had a TRU. Now when the new exclusives come out there I'll have to find someone who would be willing to pick them up for me, which of course means I'd have to pay shipping.

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
If this ends up being true, I'm going to squee so hard I break my monitor. The lack of the most fabulous pony in the most fabulous colour scheme in my collection sucks.
Really? Oh, I hope it's really true! I look forward to collecting the new set. Does anyone have a cheat sheet for wave 2?

I wouldn't be surprised if they use the 5-digit codes instead of the 1-2 digit codes like they did with early wave 1's. It seems that wave 4s are using the 5-digit code.

Though the 1-2 digit code is still in the 5 digit one. Lemme copypasta how I'm going to explain it on my blog:
Want to know a neat work around for the 5 digit code? Just ignore 2 of the numbers! For example, in wave 1, sparkly Rainbow Dash is number 24 on her card. Her packging code is 22445. If you just look at the second and fourth numbers, it's _2_4_, or 24. This system works for wave 4 as well, since we have both card numbers and 5 digit codes for them. So no matter what numbers are on the wave 2 packages, you'll be all set!

Still, I'm really excited for wave 2. I'd rather get Blossomforth and such via the blind bags then through the Pony Friends Forever "Friendship Celebration Collection" thing. I don't want tons of extra accessories.

Bronley

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
It's super cool that wave 2 is arriving but i haven't been able to get the first wave!
If you want the full set and don't mind some shipping, hasbrotoyshop has the full box for basically the same price as Walmart. The full box of 24 isn't guaranteed to contain one of each pony, but every box I've seen so far has.

Though the 1-2 digit code is still in the 5 digit one. Lemme copypasta how I'm going to explain it on my blog:
Want to know a neat work around for the 5 digit code? Just ignore 2 of the numbers! For example, in wave 1, sparkly Rainbow Dash is number 24 on her card. Her packging code is 22445. If you just look at the second and fourth numbers, it's _2_4_, or 24. This system works for wave 4 as well, since we have both card numbers and 5 digit codes for them. So no matter what numbers are on the wave 2 packages, you'll be all set!
You mean "Just ignore 3 of the numbers!"

Phekzhen

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2012, 04:21:08 PM »
You mean "Just ignore 3 of the numbers!"
[/quote]

I'm super brilliant. All those numbers got my head not working right. Thanks for the catch.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
Ah! I can't wait until I find these in my area. I love the blind bags!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »
Ah! I can't wait until I find these in my area. I love the blind bags!
Our* area Dazzlekitty :P

Bronley

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2012, 08:24:29 AM »
Big Bad Toy Store has new mini figure sets and such listed in their pre-order section (expected to be available in July  2012), including something called Blind Bag Series 02.

The box/bag art shown is the same as the Wave 1 packaging, so not sure what Wave we will actually be getting in the US in July.

Everyone, post here when you find out what we are getting!
The problem is, without the actual box/bag art or other indication "Blind Bag Series 02" could be any wave we've seen or one we haven't seen anywhere yet. "Series 02" just means it is the 2nd series released in the US, not the "Wave 2" we know from overseas.

It's not like the bags say "Series 02" on them or anything.

More info from another thread:
Also did anyone else see that on ToyWiz they put up pictures of "Series 2" and "Series 3" blind bags they have up for pre-order but they are pics of wave 3 and 4 packaging. So essentially it's looking like wave 2 is getting skipped
Here's the links:
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 2 Inch PVC Figure Series 2 Box [24 Mystery Packs] Pre-Order ships July
With "Wave 3" pictured:

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 2 Inch PVC Figure Series 3 Box [24 Mystery Packs] Pre-Order ships July
With "Wave 4" pictured:

So, looks like we are getting "Wave 3" and "Wave 4" in July. Skipping Wave 2.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2012, 08:40:52 AM »
I still wouldn't jump to conclusions as images on websites like that are notoriously incorrect, especially for pre-orders. Perhaps Hasbro will clarify at the fair.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
Wait, wave 2 AND wave 3 pouches are purple? x_x  How do you tell the difference?  The art on the front seems the same too...
Is there a different background?

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2012, 08:46:29 AM »
Wait, wave 2 AND wave 3 pouches are purple? x_x  How do you tell the difference?  The art on the front seems the same too...

the bags are slightly different =] the ponies are also all pictured on the case

http://strawberryreef.com/Index/G4/IndexBB.html

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2012, 09:03:35 AM »
Butbutbut...I'm not done collecting wave two...  barely even started...  Anyone know where I can get them from before they disappear?

Bronley

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2012, 09:18:22 AM »

the bags are slightly different =] the ponies are also all pictured on the case

http://strawberryreef.com/Index/G4/IndexBB.html
And for our purposes here: (images from strawberryreef.com)

Wave 1: Pink/red edge, Rarity top-left, Twilight bottom-right, Castle in back.

Wave 2: Purple edge, Rarity top-left, Twilight bottom-right, House in back.

Wave 3: Purple edge, Rainbow Dash top-left, Twilight bottom-right, Luggage in back.

Wave 4: Blue edge, Applejack top-left, Rarity bottom-right, Crystals in back.

Wave5: Yellow edge, not much more known (I couldn't find an image of the bag).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:13:28 PM by Bronley »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal