collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - Ponybookworm!  (Read 143 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - Ponybookworm!
« on: December 01, 2022, 03:53:17 AM »
This week I interviewed the lovely and bubbly PBW!

Personal-

Where did you get your user name? I decided on it after the 1p books from Amazon, when I got obsessed with collecting Pony literature. I have many fond memories of reading MLP stories in both mini books & comics, which we in the UK were lucky to get many of. I also used to have a MLP annual which I've now replaced & boosted with the other G1 annuals. I'm still seeking some MLP books btw.

How old are you? Too close to 50 for my liking!!!

Do you go to school or work? I'm classed as disabled so neither right now

What are your hobbies? I read when I can, I watch movies, I knit & sew, I got an air fryer & use it to bake, I like to cook sometimes, & I collect loads of stuff.

Do you have any pets? Unfortunately my lifestyle & accommodation situation isn't suitable for keeping a pet

What do you like/dislike about yourself? I'm MLK's dream as a person. I judge you by how you treat me & that's it.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I love Italy & have been tehre a couple of times. I love the food & the culture, & it would also give me the boot up the rump to learn more Italian!!!

Do you collect anything other than ponies? BIG FAT YEP!!! Keypers, Poseable Care Bears, Poseable Wuzzles, Fairy Tails, Schleich, LPS, In My Pocket, pretty much anything which can live in the Ponies' world. I also collect stickers, keyrings, badges, & plushies. I have a sizeable collection of plushie sharkies, including my Blahaj & angel, Bakana xxx

Ponies-

How long have you been collecting ponies? I used to collect as a child & teen & into my early 20s, until circumstances beyond my control took everything from me (I'm so lucky I have my diaries from that time; I lost so much!!!). It took me getting back on the internet & seeking out missing posters to find MLP on eBay, which was around my birthday in 2005. I went nuts then, but settled down since & have a budget. I've slowed down because the ones I don't have yet are harder to find, but I'm still going, & I also collect merch, especially books.

Why did you start collecting ponies? When I first got Butterscotch I was into Sindy, & liked playing with the dolls & stuff. But there are only so many variations of Sindy, Barbie et al out there to collect, because most of it is the outfits. Ponies, however, I could collect until I was blue in the face & there were still more!!!

Who is your favourite pony and why? Butterscotch was my first, but my G1 mascot is Twisty Tail, because she's blue, has long hair, & I used to have her (oh, & there is NO pink, as her hair is red, white, green, & yellow). My G2 mascot is Trixiebelle, because she seems like a fun character who puts a smile on my face. My G3 Mascot is Starcatcher because she's an angel!!! My G4 Mascot is Twilight Sparkle because I related to the early version of her character (smart, bookish, clumsy, anxious, & not good at social skills). Yet to pick a G5 but veering towards Sunny because she accepts everybody.

Who is your least favourite pony and why? G3 Pinkie Pie. All that pink, & the personality she was given was awful!!! I changed that right away!!!

Who is your favourite pony from another country? Lambaditsa. My birthday is in Easter, so Easter is a big thing for me, & Lambaditsa is by far my most expensive Pony. I had her package weighted to get it insured. My fave I don't have yet is her friend, Paschalitsa (Ladybird).

Who is your favourite fakie? The Playful Ponies with sparkly G3-mould bodies. I wish they had yellow & white ones so I could add to my Divine Shines. I made a blue one into a full-size Breezie Dreams, & a green one into a name generated by my birthday: Golden Wisp.

Who was your first pony? Butterscotch (I must have been 7 or so, & I got her for Christmas)

What pony did you get recently? Greek Butterscotch from Gaspode

What is your favourite generation? G1 because I grew up with them xxx

What is your favourite part about collecting? The variety!!!

How big is your collection? Ponies alone: half my (large) bedroom. Then I have clothes, books, comics, & other assorted merch.

What do your friends and family think about your collection? Parents are ok with it (they're the kind who like to have a lot of stuff but not as bad as hoarding). Visitors are blown away!!! Like they stare at it & are impressed I've put so much time & effort into it

Do you still play with your ponies? I have too many for that (lost count honestly, though I'm trying to compile a few spreadsheets)

What rare or popular pony makes you ask why!? Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your obscene price!!! I can imagine forking out for a unique Greek or Colombian Pony, but a US Mail order??? Please!!!

If you had to have a pony symbol tattooed on your butt, which would you pick and why? I'm phobic of injections & tattoos are injected into you. If ABSOLUTELY forced I'd go with a simple one like TS's stars.

If you could have any pony remade in a different generation, who would you choose and why? ALL my Mascots!!! I have baits ready for a couple of Twisty Tails (3.5 & 4), but haven't got round to crafting them yet. I've also yet to Customise a G5.

What has been the worst part about collecting? Obscene prices like Rapunzel's

What is your ultimate collecting goal? One of every unique Pony in existence, & every variant not a clone of Butterscotch & TS available

What is your biggest collecting accomplishment? Toss up between Lambaditsa & getting my original collection back.

What is your biggest collecting regret? The time beyond my control I talked of above. I'm STILL missing a couple of key accessories (Billie's rabbit & Splish's float for two)

Who is your grail pony and why? Who I have: Lambaditsa
Do you have it?[/b] Who I don't have: Paschalitsa. The Easter connection

Do you prefer loose or MIP ponies? Loose so I can arrange them in scenes & have them play with toys & wear outfits (I'm careful with shoes)

Quick! Close your eyes and grab a pony! Who did you get? There are a few in here within grabbing range, plus some I'm dressing... I grabbed G2 Melody, who's waiting for a skirt

Are you a customizer? Yep, but amateur. I'm not the best painter, but can reroot well with a tool from somebody called Debra Myer, & some glue. I also love dyeing HQG1C blanks
Would you ever be? See above

What do you think of custom ponies? It's a great way to give an abused Pony a new lease of life, while adding characters we wouldn't otherwise have. I love the G3 Boys I make from Core 7 pose Baits.

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion? Depends on rarity. Acceptable flaws are ones I can fix easily, like haircuts when the colour is readily available & rooting is easy. My Mimic has a nobble missing from the top of her horn, so I smoothed that down to look more natural. She's getting harder & harder to find so I like her like that, even though her horn is shorter. Unacceptable flaws would be split or torn bodies & unremovable marks.

Would you rather have a bait pony or a fakie? Fakie in Hasbro mould makes an easier Custom, without costing a Pony. Baits would have to be common.

Do you watch pony shows/movies? Occasionally
Which ones? I have DVDs of some of the G1 shows & the G3 movies, as well as about 7 seasons of the G4 show. Not managed to watch G5 since the movie of it though.

Do you read pony comics? YEP
Which ones? The ones I can get!!! I'm rebuilding my G1 comic collection. It has a few gaps but I'm slowly closing them. I also recently got some G3 comics & a couple of G2 comics. I have a few Egmont G4 comics too. For IDW I prefer the books to the comics tbh; even then there are so many!!!

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony? I lost Butterscotch's tail!!! (the one in the old colllection). I gave her a yarn one but it wasn't the same...

Fill in the blank!

"I wish Hasbro would _______" make more unique, brushable Ponies & not these minis or plastic-haired things & NOT focus on the main characters all the time!!!

"When I was new to ponies I didn't know ______" Sundance had a baby (US), Hopscotch had a baby (DE), Posey had a baby (ARG), Baby Bouncy & Baby Quackers had mums... in short I didn't know of Ponies being different outside the UK

"I think the most underappreciated pony is _______ because ______" Twisty Tail because she's bright & fun & I love her.

"I think more ponies should have ______" HORNS!!! (G3) WINGS!!! (G2) & for all generations, colours other than pink. Oh & more Boys please!!!

"I don't like _______ because _______" Repetition of the same five, six, or seven characters because Ponies are about VARIETY!!!

"I love ______ because ______" Pony literature & backcards because of the artwork!!! Also the stories but OH THE ARTWORK!!! If you have a UK/ Euro Brush & Grow backcard please let me know if I can have a scan of it or buy it...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Arena Interview - Ponybookworm!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 08:19:32 AM »
Awesome interview :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 08:53:57 AM »
That bit about Rapunzel made me laugh :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 11:19:51 AM »
This was a fun interview
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 01:36:33 PM »
I still can't believe I was interviewed!!!  *faints*
Cheers folks for liking this xxx
 :grouphug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 07:53:05 PM »
Fun and great interview!  :good: Nice to get to know you better Ponybookworm! I like your username. :)
:zzz:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 07:31:02 AM »
I also laughed at the Rapunzel comment. I think it's so weird how so many of us think the price is nuts and yet it keeps being spent regardless O.o.

Great interview :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 02:19:02 AM »
Cheers you two xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal