collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - Heart of Midnight!  (Read 155 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - Heart of Midnight!
« on: November 05, 2022, 08:31:27 AM »
This week Heart of Midnight has done the interview for us! Thanks so much!

Personal Interview-

Where did you get your user name? I made it up in my head in the early 2000s. At some point I hated it because it somehow felt so Nightwish-like (Finnish metal band) and I stopped using it.  :biggrin: But, when I joined a Finnish pony forum (no longer exists) I took it back into use. I love it and use it everywhere! :heart:

How old are you? It's a secret! ;) :lol:

What are your hobbies? Drawing, painting, listening to music, nature observation, collecting ponies, collecting owls, sleeping.
I would still like to do Urban Exploring, but there aren't any good destinations in the area where I live.

Do you have any pets? Yeah, two cats. Four-year-olds Hector and Ozzy.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? In Norway! And it's not entirely related to the fact that I listen to and love Norwegian Black Metal, but the country itself is incredibly beautiful and interesting! The nature there is fascinating! The language is also beautiful. :heart:

Do you collect anything other than ponies? Owls, (I have them as soft toys, decorative objects, figures, pillow covers, etc.) goblin figures, animal bones and skulls...

Ponies-

How long have you been collecting ponies? Maybe it was 2006 when I found my old G1 ponies in the attic of my childhood home. The G2 and G3 ponies joined my collections a little later.

Why did you start collecting ponies? G1: For nostalgic reasons as well as they are so beautiful and lovely! :heart:
G2 & G3: They are so beautiful and lovely.

Who is your favorite pony and why? G1: There are several of them, but if I have to say just one, then this is it: Barnacle! He is one of the first ponies I got as a child. I still have the same pony from my childhood. He is the handsomest and bravest of the stallions! Great colors and symbol.
I don't have any top favorites from other generations.

Who is your favorite pony from another country? From my own collection Peruvian Starshine and Greek Minty.

Who is your favorite fakie? Chesty and Princess Rinse 'n Spit. (I don't have these.)

Who was your first pony? I'm not quite sure... There were several of them. I remember seeing at least Chief, Tex, Sugarberry, Sunspot and Barnacle in the photos when I was a really small toddler. I would think that Tex is the very first.

What pony did you get recently? I got Sugarberry (HK). 

What is your favorite generation? G1.

How big is your collection? I haven't counted them in years. In my childhood I had about 50 of them and now if I count them all (G1, G2 and G3) together, their number will definitely exceed 200.

What do your friends and family think about your collection? Three of my friends understand and accept it and two of them are pony collectors too! My mother supports me and helps me with collecting. :heart: She likes them herself. My father doesn't care, and he probably doesn't understand. :pout: He doesn't understand, and he doesn't accept my brother's collections either. He collects old computers, their games, old electronics...etc.

Do you still play with your ponies? I don't. As far as I can remember, I played with them secretly when I was 13.

If you had to have a pony symbol tattooed on your butt, which would you pick and why? Barnacle's Treasure Chest! It could be cool, although I don't show my butt to anyone.  :snicker: It's such a precious treasure that it's better to stay hidden! :lol:

If you could have any pony remade in a different generation, who would you choose and why? I would like all G2 ponies to be made as G1 ponies and the same in reverse. It would have lots of interesting looking ponies and more to collect!  :biggrin:

What has been the worst part about collecting? The high prices of postage, the prices of ponies have also increased, the scarcity of ponies at flea markets and the buildings of ponies take up a lot of space.

Who is your grail pony and why? At the moment it's the white Lemon Drop and Ice Crystal.
Do you have it? No and no.  :(

Do you prefer loose or MIP ponies? I like both of them!

Quick! Close your eyes and grab a pony! Who did you get? G1 Sugarberry.

Are you a customizer? I have customized three times. The fourth is unfinished.

What do you think of custom ponies? They are works of art! They are a great addition to the world of ponies. As long as a pony in really bad shape is used as the base. I don't like it when ponies that are still in repairable condition are being customized.

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion? I'm not a meticulous collector, but large marker marks, large visible spots or areas of pony cancer, large plastic damage bother me. Almost all the others can be repaired, so they don't bother me that much.

Would you rather have a bait pony or a fakie? A bait pony. It may still be fixable! Actually, the fakes are fine for me, I can put them in the customization. :P

Do you read pony comics? Yes.
Which ones? I have old G1 pony comic magazines from my childhood. Sometimes I read and admire them.

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony? When I was a teenager I abandoned my childhood G1 in the cold attic for many years! Fortunately, I changed my mind as an adult and they had remained in good condition! :heart:

Fill in the blank!

"I wish Hasbro would forgets about the G5 and goes back to making only the G1."

"When I was new to ponies I didn't know there were so many ponies!"

"I think more ponies should have more stallions as friends, brothers and spouses."

"I don't like ponies' buildings because they take up a lot of space." (But I do collect them!)

"I love the cuteness of older generation ponies because they are just so perfect!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - Heart of Midnight!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 09:50:24 AM »
What an interesting interview Heart of Midnight.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 02:41:56 PM »
Oh wow HOM!!! Nice going!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 03:10:52 PM »
An interesting interview as always!

It's nice seeing somebody else who collects animal bones! Urban exploring sounds interesting, but part of me would be a little nervous, aha! Maybe someday.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 10:53:28 AM »
so cool to learn about others!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 03:00:57 PM »
Smashing interview! :D

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 04:44:45 PM »
Thanks to everyone! :grouphug:
It was really great and nice to be able to participate in this! Very good questions BC! Thank you!  :hug: :heart:

An interesting interview as always!

It's nice seeing somebody else who collects animal bones! Urban exploring sounds interesting, but part of me would be a little nervous, aha! Maybe someday.

In UE, the excitement and chills in some gloomy and dark buildings are a great additional spice to that hobby!  :lol:
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal