collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic fun Celestial Ponies  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Basic fun Celestial Ponies
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2022, 09:51:39 AM »
For a moment there was talk of the Flower Fantasy ponies being reissued.  Is that dead?

I believe so, as they are no longer showing up in the internal 'incoming product' listings apparently  >_<
My assumption is that the all-over body printing may have been more difficult than Basic Fun anticipated?

I wonder if they got confused with the celestial project somehow. I'm remembering how the TE ponies and some of the unis and pegs came up as rainbow ponies originally when they scanned...so I think it's possible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2022, 07:15:53 AM »
I just scoured through the boards and found the thread where we first heard about the Flower Fantasies:

https://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=402325.msg1865119#msg1865119

Doesn't look like they got mixed up w/ the Celestials since it lists them by name and everything.

I also found this:
https://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=401206.msg1880485;topicseen#msg1880485

So yeah it looks like they're off the table for now, at least. I wonder if they got replaced with the Celestials? They're similar enough (in that they both have all-over prints on their bodies) that I could see them not wanting to do both (or at least not wanting to release them back-to-back).

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2022, 10:29:04 PM »
Oh no!! No flower fantasy?? 😭 Say it ain’t so!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2023, 12:23:32 PM »
Sharp eyed peeps at the mlptp, found some of the names for the Celestial Swirls.  Nova, Aurora, and *sigh* Milky Way. There's another name, but it's not fully visible.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2023, 12:54:11 PM »
I’m on a hard to type device but I saw this on facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0yAibjV42yW744fKirN58PimjgtEU7q3bevXkccjPSvn9DxGX6SToDU4q4JEBFvfEl&id=100064110038370

G3 Toy Shop - Weston Super Mare

So its My little Pony 40th aniversary and boy are Basic fun going big.....
First up are the OG 6 in gorgeous new displays, with a side window to boot, so if you missed the 35th versions you wont want to miss these, and if you have the 35th's you still dont want to miss these.

And Ok so yes we have known  (forgive us) about the Celestial's for some time, but were sworn to secrecy until today! We have be dying to tell you and the fact we kept stum is a miracle......

These are based on unreleased prototypes from the 80's, and are the first BRAND new G1's released since the end of G1's (we wont talk about G2's..... )

They are absolutely STUNNING in person and we are predicting these to be hugely popular. the design reminds us of TAF ponies without the all over cutie marks. There are more in the set but BF didnt have them on hand. the box design on these is ponies is
SECOND TO NONE! and just just breathtaking

The mini blinds remind us of the Ponies on plynths from the 90's and are so cute and sweet in person!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2023, 01:43:30 PM »
The TP has some new/stock pics of the retro plushies + new Collector ponies too! I don't think these have been posted here before?
https://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/basic-fun-retro-ponies-a-collectors-guide-updated-1-6-23-celestial-ponies-and-40th-anniversary.112268/page-57#post-939726

The Collector ponies seem to have standard symbols here, instead of the ones we saw before that had the big "40" logo on them? wonder what's up with that - hope they haven't scrapped those 40th ann. symbols, they were kinda lame-looking but I did like that they were at least a little different from the previous releases of these six...

The blue Celestial is called Polaris! So they're Nova, Aurora, Milky Way and Polaris.
I love their names but AAAAAAAARGHHHHH the reused name!!! >_<!!!!! There's SO many names they could've used and they managed to pick one that's already been used. Argh, how annoying.

(Although really I don't care what they call them, I'm just so happy to see these four girls go into production at last XD)

Also more pics of the little blind box ponies, yes!! They're SO cute.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2023, 02:31:37 PM »
It isn't G1 without a recycled name, surely??

I love how the Celestials are top secret, but we've been discussing them for months...:)

Confused by the dig at G2. What has that to do with G1 ponies being released? I don't get it. Oh well. *rolls eyes*

The plush are on Amazon uk as well. At least, Moondancer is...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Pony-35332-Anniversary-Collectable/dp/B0BJXWXNL2/ref=sr_1_52?crid=2JZ468FETP2JX&keywords=my+little+pony+plush&qid=1674686104&sprefix=my+little+pony+plush%2Caps%2C91&sr=8-52

This is off topic a little, and also a little not, but did we talk about this already somewhere??
https://www.amazon.co.uk/16-Month-2022-2023-Monthly-Planner-Calendar/dp/1524874353
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 02:38:25 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal