collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 104031 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1020 on: October 12, 2023, 02:35:13 PM »
Just ran over my own ankle with my chair >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 12, 2023, 10:37:45 PM »
I really want to get my ears pierced, but I read you can’t sleep on the piercings while they are healing. I’m a side sleeper, so that’s a pretty hard ask. :( I know there are deals tomorrow with it being Friday the 13th….I took the day off to try and get in on those deals but now idk if I want to do it.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1022 on: October 13, 2023, 01:12:54 AM »
My mother is officially an idiot. She somehow fell out of bed onto her wrist and so now she needs to go get it xrayed. Of course, being my mother, she's decided to have a shower, have breakfast first...

It doesn't look too swollen and she can feel her fingers/move them although it hurts. Hopefully it's nothing more than a strain, but based on how A&E works here, it could be a long time before she gets someone to look at it.

Of course, this would be the same A&E that the local health department want to eradicate, and move miles away....but anyway.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1023 on: October 13, 2023, 03:55:26 AM »
MM - I got my ears pierced many years ago and I'm a side sleeper. I had a lot of complications and ended up taking them out, but I got it done at Claire's and those earring guns are bad news. My advice, go to an actual piercer, they are usually in tattoo shops. It's a better pierce and it's more sanitary, plus they will usually follow up with you to make sure everything is okay. I do not think my sleeping on them caused any of the problems I had. It was just badly done and I may have been allergic.

I wish you luck! :D

My complaint is I'm breaking out on/around my nose. There's one right below my nostril and those are so painful. I haven't had a breakout in a while and when I do it's usually right before my period, which is not the case this time.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1024 on: October 13, 2023, 06:03:29 AM »
I worked for almost ten hours yesterday. I came home to a cluttered hallway, empty boxes of packages my husband recieved and a kitchen counter full of stuff. I'm dead tired. My husband sits by his computer. He has had the entire day off. I asked if he's gonna remove the boxes. Later he said. I asked if he wants to watch something with me.. yeah, like 9 pm he answered. Great, around the time I usually fall asleep standing. I managed to stay awake til nine, hoping to cosy up to some good movie or TVshow. No, he wants to watch the news. I'm sorry world, but my idea of relaxing after a hard day of work is not watching news of war allover the world, homicides and shootings. So he watch the news and I do some soduko while listening. I asked when it was over if we could watch Castlevania. Sure. We watch two episodes. Turns out he slept through most of it and has no clue what the show is even about. Then he asked if we could have s'x. Are you kidding me? After all of the above? I went to sleep. Apparently we aren't talking today.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1025 on: October 13, 2023, 12:08:24 PM »
MM. i second what BC said. go to an actual piercer. you'll also want to make sure the earrings you wear while they are healing are hypoallergenic.

Taffeta, i hope you mom's arm is ok. :hug:

Beldarna, watching the news is no way to fall asleep. especially this week. i'm sorry hubby is being a butthead.

work has been a rollercoaster today. too much drama for a Friday. Also i have to work some this weekend. i never remember to take the Monday off when i have to stay up all night Saturday.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 13, 2023, 09:45:46 PM »
Thank you BC and Beth! I had a poor experience with Claire’s as well, which is part of why I’ve been dragging my feet on trying a piercing again. The good news is I finally got brave and did get my ears Pierced today! :biggrin: Our mall has a specialized piercing store where they use actual needles over guns, and after talking to the staff there I felt confident they were legit and knew what they were doing. They also told me a could sleep on my piercings! Apparently the stay off of them rule is only for upper ear piercings, not for lobes.

As we were discussing after care my piercer told me that when a piercing gun is used it doesn’t actually create a hole in the ear - instead it just forced the earring in and they have YOU twist the jewelry after to create the hole. :blink: What happened with my Claire’s petrifying was the earrings got almost stuck to my ear and they were almost impossible to remove. I wonder if maybe I didn’t create enough of a hole? I remember having to fidget with the earrings really grossed me out, so I’m happy I don’t have to do that this time around! :lol:

I don’t want to go back to work tomorrow. I had three days off and it was sooo nice to just relax! Back to the craziness!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1027 on: October 13, 2023, 10:29:55 PM »
Awesome news! :D

I've thought of getting mine done again too, the correct way. I have scar tissue from the Claire's attempt which might make it harder to do, I don't know.

My complaint is I can't sleep! I took my night medicine 5 hours ago and slept for like 15 minutes when I first layed down.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1028 on: October 14, 2023, 02:13:04 PM »
Thanks, Beth :)
My mother managed to break one of the bones in her wrist, so she is now in plaster. Sigh. Fortunately it was a stable fracture, so her having a shower etc didn't make it worse. It's not a major break but it's a proper one. So that makes everything interesting. Especially since she insists on doing things without help...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 14, 2023, 07:21:40 PM »
Taffeta, I'm sorry your mom broke a bone in her wrist..  I'm glad she didn't make it worse though.

MM, I'm glad you found a place to get your ears pieced. I had mine done at Claire's.  They did a good job, but when it was time to remove the earrings, I couldn't get them out of my ears.  I went back to the store and they refused to help me remove them.  Luckily, we knew someone that owned a jewelry/repair shop in the mall and one of his family members was able to help me get the earrings out.   I think I also had to buy more cleaning solution because I ran out of what I bought when I got my ears pierced.

This is going to be long.  It's been a week. :(

For Moher's Day my mom wanted to get her nails professionally done.  She enjoyed it so much that she's had them done 2 more times.  I wasn't able to get mine done when she got them done the 2nd time due to my medical procedure so this time she made appointments for both of us. 

My nail tech was ready to start at our appointment time, but hers wasn't.   My nails were finished first and then I had to wait for almost an hour for the pedicure.  My mom was able to go straight from her nails to get the pedicure. 

Fast forward to Wed.  My mom's wrist got caught on the door.  When that happened her Fitbit watch fell and hit the tile.  I thought it was okay, but later she said it wasn't working.  My mom gets upset when her electronics don't work. So she asked me to fix it. I tried everything I could think of to try to get it to work, but nothing helped.  I finally took the watch off the app and did a factory reset on it as a last resort. That didn't work either
 By this time we're both assuming that the watch is broken.  My mom started looking online and found out that the watch was still under warranty (she's only had it for a couple of months) but that she needed to get a form from the live chat Fitbit team.  We tried to log on to the website, but it didn't work.  My mom said she couldn't remember if her password had some capital letters in it.  I asked her if she wanted me to click "forgot password" and she said yes.  We didn't get a password reset email.  We had to leave for a couple of hours and when we got back I was able to get her Fitbit watch to resync with the phone. 

Fast forward to yesterday.  There was a new secretary at work and I felt like she questioned everything I did.  I'm sure she's a nice person though.  I'm hoping that she acted that way because she's not used to me yet.  Among other things my work issued lanyard broke I bent down to pick up a piece of trash and my work lanyard got caught and broke. I went to main office asap, told them it had broken and asked for another since we're required to wear them. I got a strange look from the secretary when I told her it broke.  I wasn't doing anything unusual with the lanyard.

Fast forward to this morning. I woke up and found one of my nails had come off during the night, They're guaranteed for 10 days after the salon does them. My mom tried to call the salon this morning, but got a text.  She tried again and got a message to respond to the text.  I texted what the problem was and the response said "Okay. I'll tell the staff you've arrived."  We went to the salon and there was no one available  at the moment to redo my nail.  The lady at the front desk said that the robot didn't understand the text, but someone might be able to redo my nail in 30 minutes.  I was able to get the nail redone.

Also, I had about 1/3 of my things back in the Detolf and then I had to take them back out this morning because our neighbor got involved in making another door for it.

My mom tried to reset her Fitbit password again and this time it worked.

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1030 on: October 14, 2023, 08:37:02 PM »
Sorry about your mom, Taffeta. I hope she recovers quickly.

Ponyfan, wow that's a lot. It seems like everything worked out in the end though, minus your shelf.

Me, I can't sleep again :( I thought about taking a xanax but I don't want to be groggy tomorrow.

I still haven't been able to get my mail. My succulents and palm are out there, I don't want them to die. I thought the neighbor lady would come by today and I was going to ask her to get my mail but she didn't come. I saw her out on her porch with a friend. I should have gone down the stairs and asked her, but I was too nervous.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1031 on: October 15, 2023, 03:06:33 AM »
I love my brother but he is a bit of a neat freak. When he came yesterday he cleaned my vents, the roof in the bathroom that had some stains neither me or my husband could reach and changed a lightbulb. Very nice. But he also remarked how he always does things needed right away. Yes I'm a bit blind to some things at home, but still. I live in a home, not a museum. It's a bit cluttered, we don't vaccum every day and things don't always go into the dishwasher the second we're done with it. But it's homey.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 15, 2023, 02:25:45 PM »
It looks like the mouth ulcer treatment gel I need isn't being made anymore  :cry: I need one that is completely alcohol-free as alcohol burns and blisters my mouth and this treatment WAS alcohol free. The other big brand has ethanol in it, even the baby stuff!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1033 on: October 15, 2023, 03:32:40 PM »
I've been licking my lips again, it's a nervous tick. They are cracked and raw :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 15, 2023, 07:40:40 PM »
I brushed my teeth in the downstairs toilet sink for the first time. I've hardly used it, which may be part of the issue, but the sink drains slowly. I've tried boiling water & dish soap down it to help clear it a bit, but still slow. I might need sink unblocker, or it might be rusty pipes...
I hope I find something which works!!! Because otherwise it's going to be a pain for me to use it... And I'll HAVE to re bathroom redo!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal