collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 103241 times)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #525 on: March 25, 2023, 07:19:39 PM »
This hasn't been my day. :(

A while back I put some manga books in my Save for Later list on Amazon. Today when I was looking at Amazon on my phone, I saw that some of them were listed as Buy One, get one 50%.  I decided to log on to Amazon on my computer and see if all of the books I wanted were included in the sale.  As soon as I logged on, I got  an email saying "Someone tried to log in to your account."  I checked all of my other Amazon emails and everything I saw always had the "A" in Amazon capitalized, but the one I had just received did not.  I thought it was a scam and my mom said she thought it was too.  I deleted the email and then it dawned on me that it was the first time I had logged in to Amazon since we got the new modem and that might be why I got the email.  I was able to log in to Amazon a few minutes later without any problems, but the way they had the shopping cart set up, I couldn't tell if the books I wanted were really on sale or not.  I didn't want to have to go through the whole checkout process to find out if I could have gotten a good deal on the books.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #526 on: March 26, 2023, 03:47:43 AM »
So you're supposed to walk on the left side on the walkway/road outside. Most people do, but some don't. People are people. On our way home from the grocery store we met a woman on the "wrong" side clearly off in her thoughts and instead of getting out from her way, John just stood fast and refused to move so she almost bumped into him. I tried to move him and he just stood there, smiling and she looked so confused. It was so embarrassing!

In the UK I don't think we really have that rule except in certain places where it's signposted, but we do have cycle tracks and pedestrian paths alongside each other. And cyclists will cycle wherever they want to, irrespective of the markings. It's technically illegal for a cyclist to come up on the pavement here, but they do it and nothing happens.

There was a survey a while back in London that showed over 60% of cyclists there ignore things like red lights and don't give way to pedestrians on crossings where they should be stopping.

Walking behind slow people, or around people who decide to fill the path is annoying...but nothing is as bad as a rogue cyclist. (I say rogue, but the majority of cyclists don't seem to know the highway code).

It's been a rule in Sweden for as long as I can remember, even longer. I think they're even written it in the law now.. Some places are signposted, like walk on one side and bike on the other of the same walkway but when there's no sign, you're suppose to walk on the left side and bike on the right.

There is an ongoing war here between car drivers and cyclists. Some cyclists really bike like they're the center of the universe and I hate how the car drivers take out their anger at them on us who follow the laws.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #527 on: March 26, 2023, 05:17:14 AM »
I have to call FedEx today and complain again. For whatever reason, FedEx delivered a package from Amazon. The driver took it halfway up my stairs. So I had to go down and get it :mad: It was a big box but thankfully it was light. I burned the bottoms of my feet on the hot wood that the sun was beating on.

This is the fourth time FedEx has done this. I do not have issues with UPS, Amazon or Walmart. Sometimes the Amazon drivers will leave the package at the very edge of the balcony, so you can tell they didn't come all the way up the stairs, but they still put it on the landing.

I do not know why FedEx drivers are so lazy! It's part of your job! Walk up the whole staircase!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 27, 2023, 01:05:58 PM »
You’d hope that signing up for next year courses would be easy and straightforward, especially since the university has increased tuition (for the 4th year in a row) and they can possibly put that extra money towards quality of life fixes in their systems.
No. No it is not easy and now I might have difficulty getting what courses I want/need.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 28, 2023, 07:33:58 PM »
I've been so tired all day.   :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: It's another reminder that even though I don't want surgery, it's looking more and more like the best option to solve a lot of the problems I'm dealing with.

I had to fight to stay awake when I was driving and a few minutes after I got home, I fell asleep on the couch. 

The website for the bookstore said it had a book in stock, but when I went there I couldn't find it, even though I was looking right where it should have been.  I could have asked an employee for help, but I didn't feel like doing that today.  The website doesn't update in real time and I suspect that the book might have still been in the back and not on the shelves yet, even though the release date was last week. 

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #530 on: March 30, 2023, 04:43:52 AM »
My eyes are so itchy and watery due to the high pollen. It rained for a tiny bit the other day, so everything that can is blooming. My windows are closed but it only lessens my symptoms, not stops them. I keep rinsing my eyes with some eye wash I have. I need to get some antihistamine eyedrops... but they're really expensive.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #531 on: March 31, 2023, 02:44:22 AM »
Out of the blue, while watching a movie on stream the internet went down. Didn't work on the TV, didn't work on my phone. The cause; husband was downloading a game to Steam (resident evil). We looked at the bandwidth we had (it's supposed to be 100/100) and it was only 4.65/56. He paused the download and the internet came back and the bandwidth came back to 100/100. We've never had such issues before and thought it was a glitch. Husband resumed dowonloading and I went to bed.

Today, the same thing happened. Only husband was uploading a video on Youtube that was only 1.65 gb. Like, nothing. Router is up to date, no loose cables. Contacted the provider and was told uploading and downloading takes a lot of internet, even if it's small and there's no problem on their end and we could upgrade to 300/100 to make it easier for us. :rolleyes: We have never had issues like this before, with him uplodaing/downloading things while I stream or play online or just surf the phone. But the problem is not on their end. Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #532 on: March 31, 2023, 06:53:38 AM »
Why do I think things dealing with healthcare and/or the government will be easy? HA. It's never easy.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 01, 2023, 07:48:31 PM »
I buy a lot books from the bookstore and a couple of years ago I signed up for their loyalty program again after letting my membership expire for a while.  You can either give your phone number or give the cashier your membership card to scan when you buy something to get your discount.  Today I pulled out the card, instead of giving my phone number.  My email flashed across the screen, and I noticed that it wasn't right.  I told the cashier that it was wrong, and she said that "I would need to update it eventually" since it wasn't current.  My email has been correct before and when I questioned her why it would suddenly be wrong, she said that it could be a glitch because the bookstore is changing their loyalty program this year to something completely different.  She also told me that she couldn't change the email address for me.  It made me a little worried that the email address is wrong, but I'm hoping it's either a glitch or someone just typed it in wrong at some point.

Ponyfan

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #534 on: April 01, 2023, 08:54:41 PM »
Ponyfan, that seems really strange. was it completely wrong or just a little wrong? maybe if they did an update the data was mixed up? sorry my software developer brain has questions.

my frustration today is also tech related. lately my printer prints everything super small. like if i print a recipe it will only take up 1/4 of the page. if i print from Adobe Acrobat it prints correctly. i don't know what changed. it worked up until about a couple of weeks ago. i keep changing the settings but nothing works.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 02, 2023, 08:12:55 AM »
I now have a wound care team of nurses looking after my leg....  it's almost better but OH THE ITCHINESS.

If you have ever seen DUNE, when Paul has to put his hand in the box and take the Pain Test.... oh my.  that is my life.  I would probably fall asleep and be relaxed by the cool waves of the Pain Box compared to the never-ending firey itch that is my leg.  sadly they said that is the psoriasis and NOT the actual wound.  So all the sensation is in my brain and not physical.

then to make it all worse, they did some tests on my leg veins and found that I have bad circulation... like the kind they see in diabetic patients.  I am not diabetic.  I am also apparently "too young" for these conditions, and I'm like, I've had this all my life, and they are like, "WUT?"

Anyway now I have to go to this outpatient clinic and have them wash my wound down and change the dressings every 3 days, and wear these compression stocking things.   I'm not allowed to take baths or showers, I'm supposed to wipe myself down...  *pout*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 02, 2023, 04:52:12 PM »
squirmy, i hope the wound care team helps speed up the healing :hug:

well it finally happened. after living in Texas my entire life I saw someone who isn't law enforcement/security carrying a gun. and they were on my street!!

as my husband and i were leaving to get dinner i saw 2 guys, maybe 20ish walking by. and one was carrying a rifle. i don't know guns but it definitely wasn't an AR or anything like that. it looked like a hunting rifle. they walked in the opposite direction from my car so i didn't see where they went. i didn't want to follow them. i'm guessing since they were on foot they probably live in the neighborhood. also one of my neighbors was outside on the phone watching them walk away.

later i checked the security cameras and from what i can see the neighbor who was on the phone ran them out of wherever they were. he lives in the house around the corner so i couldn't see what they were doing. it was all pretty far for the cameras to get their faces. the guys seemed a little put out that they were being run off. it was pretty brave to run them off. i don't think i would confront anyone with a gun.

no police came as far as i saw and it isn't illegal in Texas to open carry. you can't just be shooting guns in a neighborhood though. i'm glad they were run off. this was on a Saturday afternoon too. and there are a ton of kids that play outside, people walk, garden. i'm not scared or anything. but it's a little unsettling. there's some vacant lots and trails so maybe they were doing something there. there are deer and other animals all around so maybe they were doing some illegal hunting. also illegal. you can't just hunt wherever. ugh Texas
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #537 on: April 03, 2023, 05:14:26 AM »
^ That would terrify me, honestly. I had a dream last night where I was in a car being shot at. I have a lot of dreams like that. Guns scare me, loaded or not. I should check if Florida is open carry, it probably is but I'm not sure. I've only ever seen one gun that wasn't on a cop, and that was the one my dad had. It was always in the back of my mind. Luckily, weapons aren't allowed in the complex I live in. I know that doesn't mean people don't have weapons, but if they get caught, they'll be taken away at least.

My complaint is a really bad headache. I woke up in the night and it was extremely painful, I took some generic Excedrin and tried to go back to sleep. When Aster woke me up for breakfast, it was still holding on, so I've taken some more medicine. I'm slightly nauseous too and my neck hurts. I can't wait until Friday when I see the neurologist.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 03, 2023, 10:23:07 AM »
BC, i hope you feel better soon :) i checked and Florida is not an open carry state for long guns or other guns. however it does allow for permitless concealed carry. personally i don't like guns in public spaces at all. a world with less weapons in general would be a less scary place to me.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #539 on: April 04, 2023, 12:52:14 AM »
Thanks, I do :) That's worrying and even worse than open carry :huh: I do recall a few stories of people drawing guns at others in places like Walmart, especially when the whole mask vs no-mask thing was at its highest. Because that's when you need a gun, when someone won't put on or take off a mask.

eta: I have a complaint this morning. I accidentally burned the roof of my mouth on pizza last night. I didn't realize it at the time but now I have skin shreds which are annoying me. Also, my lips are all torn up and I had a blood spot on my bottom lip when I woke up. I don't think that's from the pizza... I mean, I wasn't kissing it (though I love it) so I'm not sure what's up.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 05:43:46 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal