collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 72223 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1380 on: January 13, 2024, 04:09:39 AM »
Those pieces are lovely! I would keep them out all year :)

I didn't sleep. I was up cleaning and playing games. I'm sore though. I remember when I could pull all nighters and still go into the next day. Now if I manage one, I pay for it and I usually end up crashing in the afternoon.

It's still raining. The horrible smell is gone.

I finally bought the electric floor cleaner I've been wanting. It dropped down to $42 on Amazon, the cheapest it's been. I hope it will get my floors clean with minimal effort. I already have some Pink Stuff floor cleaner and paste.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1381 on: January 13, 2024, 10:00:54 AM »
i would leave them out all year long too :) Here in the US, at least in Texas some people take their decorations down before New Year's even. my mom always took everything down so soon and stopped turning the lights on. it made me sad. people do leave them up a little longer now or have white lights up all year. the newer lights are more efficient so maybe thats why. i like the lights. they brighten up the winter :)

it's going to get cold for the next few days so we're getting the house prepped. if it gets below freezing for 24+ hours pipes can freeze so we need to make sure the outside pipes are wrapped. we also won't be leaving the house for a few days so we're getting stuff today.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 13, 2024, 11:06:21 AM »
the downstairs tenants had to be given 14 days notice, evicted and hauled away because they started 6 am drunken carousing and smoking with the front door wide open in -40 weather

on my child's birthday. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1383 on: January 13, 2024, 11:44:25 PM »
I applied for a boring job this morning, hoping boring will be good. I don't like the idea of excitement at work any more it makes me twitchy. I had to do it today as the deadline is tomorrow, but it's Sunday and now I don't feel at all relaxed. Might make some coffee and try and catch some TV before my daughter wakes up.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1384 on: January 15, 2024, 02:38:45 AM »
I'm doing laundry today. The batch I did friday dried so now I have room to hang all the christmas curtains, bedsheets and table cloths to dry. I have a late workshift with a layover this evening. I need to pack for that. Last time I froze a lot in the hotelroom so I'm packing a real pajamaset and not just a shirt. It will be too late for dinner when I arrive so I'll make some sandwiches to snack on. I'm probably gonna bring my laptop as well. I'll need to find a book to borrow from the online library so I have something to read :).

I'm also waiting for the workschedule two weeks from now so I can call the vet and get an appointment for Simba. I hope I'll get it so I can call before they close today.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 15, 2024, 06:39:28 AM »
It's been windy all weekend!!! And I spent so much of it tired & napping a LOT!!!
Only to wake up to snow bad enough to cancel both Monday's film AND Tuesday's coffee!!!
There is good news however: I got a bar of chocolate in the post, along with a small colouring book & THREE JIGSAW PUZZLES!!! Yep, my Arena prize has arrived!!! YAIY!!!
I've managed a little progress on the blanket but not that much due to napping so much

Beldarna those things are so lovely & deffo for more than Christmas!!! And boo for cold hotels!!!
Artie hope you get the job xxx
Squirmy at least the tenants from hell are getting their comeuppance xxx
Beth you're wise to prepare for the cold, especially after your state was in the news last year for getting so cold xxx
BC glad you got the floor cleaner!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1386 on: January 15, 2024, 07:49:52 AM »
I was up with Aster in the night. She's constipated and vomited each time she tried to go to the bathroom :( It's got to be a hairball. I've been giving her medicine but I guess it's not enough. I've got an order coming with canned pumpkin and canned tuna and chicken in water. I can mix the pumpkin with her churu and hopefully she'll drink the flavored water. I can make tuna and chicken salad out of the meat.

I don't know what I'm doing today. Maybe I'll get some cleaning done. It's raining so I hesitate to put out the garbage but it's starting to pile up.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 16, 2024, 09:45:40 AM »
I finally got an appointment for Simba! I went there after work! They were oblivous to the fact one couldn't reach them on the phone. Apparently they have one person dedicated to answer the phone and I should have gotten in a line and hear a voice telling me my place in the queue. I had nothing of that when I tried to call over the past week and a half. They were going to look into that. But the important thing is I got a time for him :).

Afterwards on my way home I went by a mall to buy a two meter silkribbon to put as a cloth and my windowsill in the kitchen. I have a red one I put there during christmas and every year when I put christmas away I think I should get a ribbon for the rest of the year. Now I finally did it. It's baby blue. I happen in a beauty store and bought two new perfumes as well. That was not planned. I love the fragrances though. They were pricy but I thought it's my birthday soon. I deserve them :satisfied:.

When it comes to work, I got the group I wanted most. The schedule is of ten weeks and to get down from fulltime to 75% my manager asked me if I could look through it and give her some ideas of which shifts I would want removed. I needed to cut 79 hours. So I've done that today as well and came up with two suggestions I'm gonna give her tomorrow. I love that I got a say in it!  ^.^ I just hope one of the two works.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1388 on: January 16, 2024, 09:56:05 AM »
All of that is great! I'm so happy for you :D

I slept for a long time and I must have been on my back for a while, which totally messes me up. I'm so stiff. My wrist hurts too so I think it was in a weird position. But I'm glad I got some sleep.

I thought about visiting my mom today but it's still raining. I took a shower yesterday so I don't want to get dirty, smelly rain on me. Plus I have so much to take with me, two bags full, and with my wrist and back... eh. I don't think it's a good idea to go.

It's too humid to paint ponies, so... I'll probably just play games all day again :lol:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 16, 2024, 12:15:31 PM »
Beldarna thank heavens you got the appointment!!! I hate phone calls at the best of times, but when the service on the receiving end is that bad I don't blame you for being angry about it xxx
BC, hope Aster's ok xxx

Just quiet mostly. Warm Homes sent me a cheque I'll have to put in the bank, so postponing messages until Thursday so I can go out to town for them & drop the cheque in the bank. I think I'll have coffee out then too, as missed local coffee due to its cancellation.
Had to order stick-on hooks as the screw-on suckers don't fit one of my bath shelves. They do fit the other one so it's up. Still not sure about putting up most of my bathroom décor yet...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 12:19:48 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1390 on: January 16, 2024, 12:40:48 PM »
Yes, Aster is better :) She passed the hairball.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 17, 2024, 06:50:17 AM »
PBW right? I hate to make phonecalls to strangers. I have to build up a courage, have a cup of tea, plug in corded in ear head phones so I hear them properly, take a deep breath before calling.. and then no answer.. and the air goes out like from a balloon. And then I have to try again with a new built up courage, new tea cup.. I hate it, it's so stressful. John have even more problem with calling. Sometimes we sit next to each other holding hands while doing it.

I had an early shift today. I went home right at the beginning of the snowstorm and has been snuggling inside, feeling lucky to be off the rest of the day and tomorrow. I've mostly been scrolling through the phone and had a good nap. Had a long playtime with Ninja and Majsan and doing some Chilli for John. I want to diamond paint but Ninja is sleeping in my chair so I'm on the laptop in the livingroom. I'm thinking of moving the diamond painting things to the livingroom so I can do it here and not disturb him. A sleeping Ninja is a stressfree Ninja  :).

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1392 on: January 17, 2024, 10:15:00 AM »
I have a problem with phone calls too. I have to rehearse what I'm going to say, sometimes I take notes so I don't forget anything. I also have a problem understanding people on the phone. I honestly don't know if it's me and my brain or if most people really do mumble and talk too fast. I have to say 'Sorry, can you say that again?' so many times on a phone call. And yes, when you prepare and finally make the call and no one answers, that's the worst!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 18, 2024, 01:26:48 PM »
BC I'm so glad Aster got the hairball out!!!
Beldarna awww!!! That moggie xxx :kitty:

I managed to go out today, but it was postponed due to fire alarm checks. Due to this is was late afternoon by the time I hit town. The bus driver took it slowly, but even then I was on edge when they drove one stretch of road (which the driver on my bus back avoided like the plague).
As a result I could only deposit the cheque via the ATM of my bank. Well at least it's in!!!
Also most of the shops were closed, as were ALL the cafes!!! One had even shut at 12:30!!!
Still, three of the shops which were open were the pharmacy (got a bottle of nice shampoo), the everything but the food shop (got more yarn of course), & the supermarket (stocked well up!!!). Then came the wild goose chase of Trivial Complaints. No pubs, no cafes, no hot drinks from takeaways...
I had 20-30 minutes before my bus after this to go when a lady invites me to her home just across the street. She's a carer & has been working a LOT due to some other carers being too scared to drive in the snow. She lives with her husband in a house they're turning into a B&B. Both the couple are friendly & cheery. I got to use her bathroom & drink a lovely coffee there. When I left there were only 3 minutes to wait, the lady went to see another client, & the fellow stood with me waiting for my bus while he smoked a cigarette. So I got the bus & made it home.
There was a text on my phone from an unrecognised number, so I asked who it was, & an old pal got in touch!!! All while I was changing my socks (they got wet) & sort6ing my messages out.
Also, before this I FINISHED THE BLANKET!!!
LMK if you want to see...

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1394 on: January 20, 2024, 12:13:09 AM »
I didn't get the job. I just need to keep applying, it's OK for now. I'm going to my Mum and Dad's today to meet up with my sister and niece. My daughter will love seeing her cousin who is a lot older but they like spending time together. The snow never transpired here, just one hard frost.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal