collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will you ever be done with MLP collecting?  (Read 660 times)

Offline honor_h

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Will you ever be done with MLP collecting?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2022, 08:20:45 AM »
I'm running out of space so I don't have much choice, lol. Now I've completed what I remember from my childhood herd, I'm wondering if I should have stuck to just replacing my childhood ponies. Sometimes, I think I prefer looking at people's collections than owning as I've had a disappointing run on pony mail recently.

I'd still quite like a Moondance for the pose though :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lovely Whizzer sig by Starscout
Fabulous avatar by Trinity

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2022, 10:01:36 AM »
It's been gradual for me, once I got a couple of each of my chosen G1s I stopped buying lots. I usually have a backup for reasons of condition. Apart from my G1s I have around 50 G3s, a few G3.5 and around 50 G4s, plus very few fakies and I think that's about it for me. I rarely buy new ponies now because I have most of the characters that I like. I have a collection size that I enjoy so it's mainly upgrades and accessories for me. Occasionally I buy merchandise if it's something really interesting. So I wouldn't say I've stopped collecting, just that I've stopped buying 'new to me' G1s. The one exception is Daffodil who I can never seem to find! Please see my list below ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 10:03:47 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2022, 05:19:22 AM »
I more or less stopped some years ago. I only have around 50 ponies that are in my collection. Some are very core, my childhood ponies and others I will never sell as they are important to me. But I do buy G1s when I find them in the wild, and I usually sell them again. I’m not actively collecting ponies anymore though. I do collect puffy stickers, backcards and Sundance/Megan outfits instead. And then I buy g4 for my nieces to play with when they visit.

I have a couple of g3s though, and I have a couple more I would like to get- but that is still no more than 5 g3s.

Not sure if I will ever stop buying a pony here and there, and my interest seems to connect with my summer vacation. When I’m “off” work, I tend to spend more time looking for ponies ;)
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2022, 05:30:33 AM »
Involuntarily on a break. Nirvana's are so expensive. I'm down to only needing a few MO's out of the US releases, and those ones are break the bank expensive.
Customs haven't been selling well for over a year, so I've all but given up on making them. Customs are my sole source of money to buy ponies, so that's a big halt on purchasing...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2022, 08:37:08 AM »
I mainly want to focus on G1, 3, 4, and 5, and will probably not be into any future generations. So I guess if I get to a stopping point with those I might be done. I'm already starting to wind down because I got almost everything I really wanted from those.

Although, I feel like G5 and potentially a G6 would be out when I start having kids so maybe I'll have a daughter fully into G6 and will have to continue collecting for both of our sakes.  :P How could I tell her no?

I feel like they covered just about everything they could do with the toys, though, so unless they have a really great design, gimmick, or story, there isn't much to justify continuing, for me.

Plus, I'll be out of space and money before I finish collecting for those first four.  :lol:

All that being said, I'd still want to keep up with what is going on, whether or not I actively collect.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal