collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do I get rid of highlighter marks???  (Read 190 times)

Offline OddlyAlien

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
How do I get rid of highlighter marks???
« on: June 06, 2022, 12:46:14 AM »
I've tried everything from isopropyl alcohol to acetone but not a smudge, I'm almost 100% sure it's not regrind because I can see a spot that looks like the point tip of the highlighter. it's on a g1 parasol right on her display side, I'm pretty much shelving her restoration until I find a solid way to fix her before I accidentally biff it and damage the pony. does anyone else have this problem? if so how do you manage it? :drunk:

Moving over to the Corral to get you more answers, thank you! -Tailrustedtealeaf
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 05:26:05 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »
:rainbow: :heart: :rainbow:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: How do I get rid of highlighter marks???
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 04:09:27 AM »
Do you have a pic?  Depending on the color of the pony and the mark, sunfading may be the best option.  Not all colors should be sunfaded though. 

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 07:00:09 AM »
My understanding is that those marks are from the pony being in contact with something brightly colored, and the color really gets into the plastic rather than just on it.  So frustrating. I have had some luck with sunfading "highlighter" marks.  For a mark on the body I would remove the head and wrap the body totally in foil, except for the exact shape/size of the mark.  This way you are only fading the mark.  Then place in direct sunlight, or some people use a UV box.  Then wait.  I have a Posey I have been fading for a few weeks now, one of the marks is pretty much gone but the other needs a bit more time.

Some ponies are more prone to bring damaged by UV light, though.  I'm not sure if Parasol can be damaged readily by sunfading or not.  But with the foil covering I don't know if that would still be an issue.  I have two Parasols and one looks like she could be sunfaded okay but the other is a slightly darker, richer pink and for her I would be more concerned. 

You mention seeing something like a point in the middle of the mark....is the mark round?  I'm wondering if it is something other than a "highlighter" mark. Is the mark itself consistently colored?  What color is it?

Photo would be helpful!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 03:58:18 PM by SunPony »
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 02:37:34 PM »
Yeah, highlighter marks aren't really from highlighter markers :) Pony clothes will do it sometimes, like saddles and shoes. The above advice is good :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline OddlyAlien

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 12:59:46 AM »
My understanding is that those marks are from the pony being in contact with something brightly colored, and the color really gets into the plastic rather than just on it.  So frustrating. I have had some luck with sunfading "highlighter" marks.  For a mark on the body I would remove the head and wrap the body totally in foil, except for the exact shape/size of the mark.  This way you are only fading the mark.  Then place in direct sunlight, or some people use a UV box.  Then wait.  I have a Posey I have been fading for a few weeks now, one of the marks is pretty much gone but the other needs a bit more time.

Some ponies are more prone to bring damaged by UV light, though.  I'm not sure if Parasol can be damaged readily by sunfading or not.  But with the foil covering I don't know if that would still be an issue.  I have two Parasols and one looks like she could be sunfaded okay but the other is a slightly darker, richer pink and for her I would be more concerned. 

You mention seeing something like a point in the middle of the mark....is the mark round?  I'm wondering if it is something other than a "highlighter" mark. Is the mark itself consistently colored?  What color is it?

Photo would be helpful!

ah right I forgot to add the picture! here's what I'm working with visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 I think I will try sunfading since nothing else has seemed to work and I think she will be fine if I keep a keen eye on her ^-^

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »
Those do look like they are from a marker.  If she was mine I would try sunfading those spots the way I described before, since acetone didn't do anything.  Good luck and I hope you will update us on your progress with her!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline OddlyAlien

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 01:55:35 PM »
Those do look like they are from a marker.  If she was mine I would try sunfading those spots the way I described before, since acetone didn't do anything.  Good luck and I hope you will update us on your progress with her!

thank you!! she's all set up so all I've got to do is wait now ^-^ thank you all for your help!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal