collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Please share your fleamarket/kingsday success stories  (Read 590 times)

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Please share your fleamarket/kingsday success stories
« on: April 01, 2022, 06:50:05 AM »
Hello everyone,

As a dutch person, I'm super excited for kingsday at the end of this month. (27th of April if I'm not mistaken). To get in the spirit, I thought it would be fun for people to share success stories of that day andother fleamarkets since not everyone is dutch.

So let's hear it! Found a rare pony? Set completer? A great deal?

I'll start: I found pony bride and bunny hop with symbol and figure intact roughly 4 years ago on kingsday.

Let me know please and thanks for sharing :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Please share your fleamarket/kingsday success stories
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 09:09:45 AM »
Mentally I am ready for it :) People have been keeping their stuff aside for 2 years.
Through out the years I found rare ponies, made good deals for every gen.
I think my then mystery plush Parasol with the wool hair is my most special find on Kings day.

So looking forward to this year and hoping for good weather because that also helps a lot to find ponies.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2022, 04:22:32 AM »
I need to collect some cash. I think I've had the same change in my wallet for two years now.

My best find? Finding 3 Greek ponies :D Blue Belle, Minty and Cotton Candy (if I ever top that I'll go ahead and get some lottery tickets)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 08:17:08 PM »
it sounds like so much fun!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 03:08:49 AM »
Great stories everyone! I hope I can be as lucky you :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 07:28:14 AM »
I wanted to actually do kingsday in the past but various things got in the way. My sister was there once around that time (her boyfriend has dutch inlaws) but didn't see any ponies. I do remember hearing about great past hauls though over the years.

I had some finds when I lived in London at a big open carboot sale in Surrey, but my best finds were back in the 1990s and early 2000s, when G1 ponies were really common. It's not an exaggeration to estimate over that period of time finding between 1000 and 2000 G1 ponies (not all of them ones we bought) at a handful of sales around this area. There was almost no competition here and the one collector there was sold up her stuff in 1998; we probably obtained about 60% of it for our own collection or trading.

In those years I found german skydancer, Mimic, baby leaper, night glider, sand dollar - none of whom were sold here - as well as at least one of every pony sold in the UK except Daddy Berrytown and Daddy SUnbright, who I had to trade for. Plus dragons, accessories and even some MIP.

Those were days that will never return.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kingluke

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 08:17:25 AM »
I wanted to actually do kingsday in the past but various things got in the way. My sister was there once around that time (her boyfriend has dutch inlaws) but didn't see any ponies. I do remember hearing about great past hauls though over the years.

I had some finds when I lived in London at a big open carboot sale in Surrey, but my best finds were back in the 1990s and early 2000s, when G1 ponies were really common. It's not an exaggeration to estimate over that period of time finding between 1000 and 2000 G1 ponies (not all of them ones we bought) at a handful of sales around this area. There was almost no competition here and the one collector there was sold up her stuff in 1998; we probably obtained about 60% of it for our own collection or trading.

In those years I found german skydancer, Mimic, baby leaper, night glider, sand dollar - none of whom were sold here - as well as at least one of every pony sold in the UK except Daddy Berrytown and Daddy SUnbright, who I had to trade for. Plus dragons, accessories and even some MIP.

Those were days that will never return.

That sounds like the best thing ever! Please treasure those memories :)
Lover of Windwhistler

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal