collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals  (Read 33143 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Let's help motivate each other to reach our goals
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2022, 03:38:59 PM »
Good job, Starflashbaby!    Getting over a plateau like that is hard.

I'm not currently reading LOTR but I've read articles that say thinking about exercise [like doing crunches] is supposed to give you the same effects (a mind over matter kind of deal) but if that's the case, why doesn't reading about running give me more shapely leg muscles and better ability to breathe while running?

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2022, 06:23:36 PM »
It’s been a while since I’ve posted here too, but wow! You all are doing great! :)

Ponyfan, congrats on losing nearly 30 pounds in a year! That is no small feat!

Starflashbaby, congrats on making it over the 290 hurdle!! I know once I got past my weight I was stuck at I found it much more inspiring to lose the rest, hopefully the same will happen for you too!

As for me Ive been able to keep my weight off, and also lost a few pounds randomly along the way! I’m now the lightest Ive been in over 5 years and I feel so good! Although I don’t necessarily feel like I look that different, There are a few changes Ive noticed over the summer. For one, a lot of my tank tops that didn’t fit me well last year look good on me again this year. I don’t get nearly as winded walking around or going up stairs, my strength is improving a little, and finally, my shirts don’t ride up over my stomach when I lay down anymore! They are all small changes, but they have boosted my confidence.

I’ve been bad about going to the gym this last month, I took a little break. :blush: I’m trying to get back into it though! Working up the motivation to go is tough, but I always do feel great once I, done working out!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2022, 07:24:08 PM »
Thank you everyone.  :)  I might have hit the plateau though because I've stayed at the same weight for a few weeks.

I'm still working on cleaning up my desk and office area and getting rid of things that I don't need.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2022, 05:01:03 AM »
This was yesterday; I bought some new underwear in a smaller size - and they fit! :cheer: Next on my list is new shorts because mine keep falling down. I have plenty of shirts in smaller sizes, so I don't need to worry about that. I also noticed some loose skin appearing on my arms. I have some on my thighs too.

I guess, even though I've been eating pasta and cheese a lot, I'm still losing weight? I was sure I gained some back. I see my doctor the 28th and I'll get weighed then. My scale is all messed up from being moved too many times. I try to calibrate it but it says something different each time I get on it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2022, 03:14:03 PM »
With mom's help, I'm making soild progress on sorting out the stuff that was on my desk.  I'm currently going through old markers, highlighters and pens and seeing if they still work.

I might gain weight this week.  The asthma dr put me on steroids for 10 days.

Ponyfan

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2022, 03:00:13 PM »
Thank you Everyone & congratulations for doing so well yourselves!!! :cheer:

Pokeyonekenobie & I totally understand now, even if we could do that it wouldn't work for me, because I don’t read many books :lol:

Minty_Magic yeah I haven't been exercising on my bike during the summer much  but I've been dieting mostly. I should exercise though to build muscle & strength. Once I get a regime down I'll start using Performance inspired based products.

BlackCurtains that's awesome that you went down in size!! My pants are starting to fall off from me right now and my shirts, I like a little bigger clothes on me anyways, but they are huge on me now! (Note I wear my clothes 2 or 1 size bigger than I actually am if I'm skin tight at 2x then I'll wear a 3x or 4x)( I just don't do skin tight or skinny jeans or pants) in shirts I fall between a 3x or 4x. Pants I like it snug on the top but flowy around my shoe/leg area (boot cut jeans).

Ponyfan I love to organize things! I haven't a clue why yet sometimes I leave things unorganized but they are easy to organize if I need to organize them.  :| maybe I have a bit of OCD... 

I looked at my fitnesspall app and it said I was 312 pounds and it took from last September to this September to lose 24 pounds. This time I'm keeping it off!!!! This is my lowest weight in 6 years since 2017.

Edit I must have been rushing through this last part it made no sense. .. I ment a long time ago I started out at 312 on my fitnesspall app that was in 2017 (when I first started trying to lose weight) and I could never get past 300 for 5 years (gosh that's a long Plateau) so now I'm finally down to to 297.6 which is 24pounds with in a years time on a new diet that actually works  ^.^ from Sep 2021 to Sep 2022. I'm also greatful for this thread cause it really shows that it helps motivate me. What about you guys I think its working.  ^.^
I hope that makes better sense to ya   :biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 12:19:51 PM by Starflashbaby »

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2022, 11:42:54 AM »
:bump:

How is everyone doing?

I've not been doing well at all. I stopped drinking my smoothies. I've been eating a lot of pasta and potatoes and bread... all the things I shouldn't eat. It's all comfort food. There has been so much going on and I'm under a load of stress.

I missed my previous Dr. appointment. I will see her next Monday instead. I really wonder how much I weigh.

In the last few days, when I've eaten the most (just stuffing myself before bed) I feel awful. So I'm going to start my smoothies again. There are some things I want to make that are bad for me, I already bought the ingredients. I'll try not to eat so much so late though.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2022, 12:09:16 PM »
I've been eating a lot more, but not healthy stuff.  I think it's stress from dealing with work stuff. Long story short, I'm being gaslit by a male co-worker who wears too much cologne.  He washes it off before management can smell him so since I "have a problem" with this co-worker, I'm basically being sent to my office during the 4 hours that he's at work so I can't leave to get half of my work done because he's out there, pretending that he's innocent even though all of my other co-workers have smelled him and commented on it.  But because the stink gives me migraines, I'm being "sent to my room."  I'm also trying to do Nanowrimo again plus reorganize my craft stuff so I can get things done for a Spring sale that may or may not happen and it started snowing this morning.  I hate the snow.  It's fine on a mountain, not on the roads I have to drive.

I'm trying to walk on the treadmill but with the weather wreaking havoc on my knees I can't really run right now. 

And the spoiled part-timers are complaining about having to do their jobs.  Again.  Because the solution the I suggested isn't good enough because it doesn't involve me doing everything for them.  Again.  I hate people.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2022, 05:25:38 PM »
My weight's fluctuating a bit, but I'm staying within 1 or 2 pounds each whether that's losing or gaining.

Sometimes I go on a bit of an eating spree and seem to want everything in sight, even if I I shouldn't eat that much. For example. I just ate 3 slices of pizza even though I should have stopped at 2.

I need to get back to trying to be more active. I've lost my motivation for trying to get 250 + steps on my Fitbit every hour from 9 AM to 5 PM every day.  Before I would try to get most of them at least 5 days a week.  I usually picked a weekend day to just relax and not worry about getting them.  Lately I find myself taking my Fitbit off for extended periods and not worrying much about putting it back on.

I'm not even going to worry about what I'm eating on Thanksgiving. It's going to be a cheat day.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 07:44:04 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2022, 06:50:11 PM »
I’ve been struggling to find the motivation to be active too Ponyfan. I haven’t been to the gym in months. I seem to at least be maintaining my weight, but my body fat % seems to be creeping up, so Im worried I’m losing some muscle. Im going to try and do some light strength exercises at home to try and not lose the progress I’ve made so far.

I also plan on eating as much as I want on Thanksgiving! :) I think it’s good to allow yourself to just relax on holidays and special occasions! One day of over eating here and there won’t break you.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2022, 06:24:46 AM »
I was weighed at my doctors, I weigh one pound less than I did three months ago. So all the weight I lost, I gained back. I guess it's better than weighing more.

I've been so stressed with everything going on I'm still eating mostly comfort foods. I did get fresh veggies and fruit for my smoothies but I need to clean and prepare them still. This is a bad time of year for me, because the colder weather makes me want potatoes and pasta and cheesy stuff. I also want to bake some cookies for my mom and it will probably prompt me to make some for myself while I have everything out, you know? I've been meaning to make espresso cookies for a while for myself. Sooo... I have to be careful now. I definitely don't want to gain anymore. I was having success doing intermediate fasting, I'll try that again.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2022, 03:31:06 PM »
My mom moved my weekly shot to today because she thought the drs office was going to be closed over holiday weekend. According to the scales I gained a pound since Sat but I'm really not surprised since I ate a little bit of candy last night.

I've had fast food all day today too.  There's always next week.

Ponyfan

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2022, 02:31:33 PM »
Getting motivated is hard this year... I've been busy with family needs instead of my own needs lately. I just haven't had time to think about what I'm eating, I just eat when I can ya know. And sometimes it's not the healthiest of food. I was down to 285 ibs but now I'm 295... I'm greatful it's under 299 though.
As for my other goal, I want to continue restoration on Shady Brazil pony but I think I might of messed up not too. Sure.... I just have to work with her.

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 26, 2022, 08:15:42 AM »
I gained 3 pounds since last week. :( I figured I would since Christmas was yesterday.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #209 on: December 26, 2022, 09:03:21 AM »
I've just ordered another pizza from Domino's. I have ordered a pizza every week this month. I am supposed to limit myself to one a month. I am not doing good with that rule at all. Plus, I am still making and eating things I shouldn't be. Too much stress and the cold weather make me want to eat all the bad stuff.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal