collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High returns again!  (Read 50357 times)

PastelSnake and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Monster High returns again - 11/10 Skullector Frankenstein + Bride 2-pack
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2022, 08:56:21 AM »
Oh myyyyy, someone found an animation image of Nefera.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2022, 01:19:59 PM »
That's Nefera at Cleo's age in the original MH, that's my headcanon I make the rules and baby Neffa is that thing

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 14, 2022, 03:38:44 PM »
That doesn't look.... too bad. I wonder if she'll get a doll.

Just wish they wouldn't price out kids, that's unfair.

the Skullector dolls are collector items aimed at adults, they're not really intended for the younger set ;)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #183 on: October 14, 2022, 04:43:19 PM »
WHAAAAA

A leak. When I first saw this I thought it was the unreleased G2 Howlin' Hoodies doll and just scrolled on by. Seeing it again...

TWYLA'S BACK!?

Give her a better outfit and I'm buying her ASAP.
(new Dustin is creepy though... XD)

I like it. It's classic, nice to see Frankie's parents. Just wish they wouldn't price out kids, that's unfair.

Mattel Releasing 'Bride of Frankenstein' Skullector Dolls from Monster High | All Hallows Geek
https://www.allhallowsgeek.com/mattel-releasing-bride-of-frankenstein-skullector-dolls-from-monster-high/

I mean... They are collector's dolls. :) MLP does the same thing, or really any line with an additional collector's series. Kids aren't generally collectors, and the higher price point allows for higher quality. Does this Frankenstein pack really have that compared to previous collectors'? Eh... Debatable. Definitely higher quality than Dracula was from G2. XD But definitely lower than G1 Hexiciah. (comparing parents)
They are still very cute though.

That being said, I grabbed one!
I had them bookmarked for release time, which was 8am my time- when I start work. But, as predicted, I'm always groggy and forgetful in the morning and totally thought I'd missed them drop- (my plan was- if I check and they're there, it was meant to be and GRAB THEM. If not, wasn't meant to be.) Well I checked anyway at 9:30- they were still there!! I grabbed them as fast as possible. The more I think about it, the more excited I am to get them, and can't wait to receive them! Browsing the MH Mattel forums, it seems almost everyone who was able to get on within about 2hrs was able to get one, which is miles better than all the previous releases where they just immediately sold out in seconds due to bots. They had some anti-bot checks in place this time.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 09:18:30 PM by Esbayne »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2022, 05:32:09 PM »
TWYLA!! Finally!!! I've been waiting for this <3 Her bunny hood is so cuuute! She looks great. Probably my favourite G3 doll so far... others I've thought "Well, she's nice, but.." or "I like her, but that one thing.." but Twyla's just perfect <3

I like Dustin's mold, but I'm not sure about those eyes XD

Congrats on snagging the 2-pack Esbayne! :D It's good to hear that they seem to be making it easier to get a hold of these.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2022, 02:34:55 PM »
Congrats Esbayne :)

The Twyla does look pretty. But wow, they keep on coming, don't they??

ETA - saw a trailer for the live action MH film today. Discovered it was somewhere in my cable subscription packages so watched it.
Spoiler
There's a lot of very cringey awkward moments in it, frankly. Ghoulia is basically not Ghoulia. I really kept watching it pretty much only for Frankie, who I actually really enjoyed. I am not quite sure what was going on with Lala's swift character switcharound and Cleo, just generally. There's not a lot of character depth going down in that film, but Frankie was cool.

The less said about Lagoona the better.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 11:50:29 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2022, 10:23:04 AM »
Congrats Esbayne :)

The Twyla does look pretty. But wow, they keep on coming, don't they??

ETA - saw a trailer for the live action MH film today. Discovered it was somewhere in my cable subscription packages so watched it.
Spoiler
There's a lot of very cringey awkward moments in it, frankly. Ghoulia is basically not Ghoulia. I really kept watching it pretty much only for Frankie, who I actually really enjoyed. I am not quite sure what was going on with Lala's swift character switcharound and Cleo, just generally. There's not a lot of character depth going down in that film, but Frankie was cool.

The less said about Lagoona the better.

I saw the movie over the weekend too! It was actually better than I expected with how much I heard people hated it. But I definitely have mixed feelings.

Spoiler
Clawdeen was perfect imo. I loved that actor. Frankie was my favorite though too! G3 has given me a new appreciation for Frankie. Abbey was cute, but I wanted more of her.

Was it just me, or did some of the songs go hard? Coming Out of the Dark was awesome, and Three of Us has also been stuck in my head.  :whistle: Put us all together there’s no getting in the way, no messin with the three of us!

Not that it didn’t have its shortcomings. Lagoona and Ghoulia were …weird to say the least. And IDK how to feel about Deuce. I pretty much hated Cleo. I was about Lala practicing magic. Jekyll as the teacher was an “interesting” decision.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2022, 06:21:40 PM »
I think Nick are teasing a sequel to the movie already? If I'm understanding things right - there was something about it on the official Monsterhigh Instagram page, but I have less than zero interest in the film (or any of the media really, tbh I'm just here for the dolls) so idk I didn't look into it much.

But yeah speaking of, NEW DOLL NEWS!

Stock photos for the Creepover dolls, inc. nice HQ photos of Twyla. She's SO CUTE. I'm impressed at how many accessories these dolls come with, too.
I notice that Frankie's description here uses "she/her". I wonder if that was an error or if she's she/they now or something. (I hope I worded that properly.) Seems to be an official desc? Hm.

Clawdeen Boutique Dress Up Studio playset. omg this is soooooo adorable... love the doll, too. the outfits are kinda eh but yeah definitely need this one.

Day Out/Budget dolls - We had low quality stock pix of at least some of these before, I don't remember if all of them had been revealed or not. But yeah higher quality pics are up now. I like this Frankie MUCH better than the sig one, the outfit and everything is so much better. Neutral on the Draculaura, Clawdeen I think I'd need to see in person.

Ghoulmobile car playset. Cars don't really interest me much tbh, the pet is sorta cute though.

Speaking of pets, the designer for the G3 pets apparently posted the original designs + notes on their Instagram recently, I found these on Tumblr but I've put them together + reuploaded them myself to repost here (I figured that'd be easier than trying to get Instagram to work XD). I'll put 'em under a spoiler cut since they're kinda big.

Notable things from these posts though: Despite earlier reports saying she was still a cat, G3 Crescent is actually a wolf pup. So that's why she looks so weird. idk why they changed her species, but... alright then....
Also the Coffin Bean cat is unofficially named Gooby, omg XD I love it!

Spoiler

Finally - leaked cartoon designs for the TWINS!!! Again, under a spoiler in case anyone doesn't want to see leaks or whatever. I found these here, that post links to a Reddit post as the source but said post has since been taken down... So as usual with leaks, take with a grain of salt. They look legit to me though.

Spoiler

Interesting how they seem to have ditched the idea of the twins dressing identically. Purrsephone A is my favourite of the two designs - neutral to the height diff but I don't care for the purple tint the second design seems to have - it'll be interesting to see what the final designs look like. The twins were my first dolls so I'm excited to see they're back. They don't feel the same as the G1 designs, but that's a given x) Setting that aside, though, they don't look THAT much different, and they look nice. I hope we get official shots of them soon - and DOLLS! They need dolls!!

Also I think they're sorta overdoing the catscratch motif thing, but also Tora seems to be in a band now, right? so maybe the twins are in the band too and it's just the band's logo or whatever. if that's the case, then that makes sense + I've got no problem with it.. basically I just hope there's an actual reason for them all having the same motifs and it's not the designers being lazy and recycling stuff. :silly:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High returns again - 26/10 Clawdeen Boutique, Ghoulmobile playsets
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2022, 07:31:28 AM »
Judging by the end of the film, I'm anticipating there is going to be a sequel, since
Spoiler
It ends with some witch (?) looking in her crystal ball and deciding Lala is the one who can bring down the vampires.
So presumably making Lala the focus of the next story, since Clawdeen's is resolved already, and maybe Frankie if there's a third.

They're throwing so much money at this it's almost scary.

Shockponie, I didn't really get any of the songs stuck in my head. They mostly seemed pretty awkward and forced into the narrative, honestly. :/ I'm kind of concerned as well by continuity since
Spoiler
In the graveyard, Ghoulia told them to shut up so she could sleep, so then they have a whole loud song about stuff in the same graveyard, where they're meant to be in secret...and nobody notices?

Twyla looks pretty. I'm still not much for these dolls, and am surprised given the effort of the movie that we haven't seen
Spoiler
A human/wolf Clawdeen release as yet - though maybe I'm just ahead of myself
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 07:36:02 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2022, 08:45:53 AM »
I still don't get the
Spoiler
human/werewolf Clawdeen thing. Aren't werewolves part human to begin with? :silly:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2022, 11:04:15 AM »
I still don't get the
Spoiler
human/werewolf Clawdeen thing. Aren't werewolves part human to begin with? :silly:

Spoiler
Kinda, but Clawdeen was never really shown with a human side in the original MH anyways lol It was more like during full moon she became stronger/faster/more feral, something that has been used to her advantage in sports and (when she was an enemy) by Cleo to try and sabotage her fashion walk

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2022, 02:55:37 PM »
I still don't get the
Spoiler

Thank you for nailing the thing that was chewing at me.
Spoiler
Although maybe that's the point, only in reverse?

There was just so much not really explained, but the one that got me most was what the heck class are these students actually in? Clawdeen and Frankie are freshmen, ok. But then if Lala and Cleo and Lagoona and co are not (Ghoulia mentions spooking freshmen, too), why are they all in the same class? Is this some multi-grade lesson that they all take? Does the monster world have different rules about class entry based on species? More questions!

Also, there's an announcement about night feeders reporting to the cafeteria. Isn't that what Lala is? I mean original Lala was a vegetarian, but she threatens to drink Clawdeen and Frankie's blood at the start, so...? Is a vampire not a night feeder then?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2022, 11:32:26 AM »
Spoiler
In a private high school I took classes with seniors as a freshman.  They were doing it just to complete some credit.  I don't know if that's what is going on here.

I got so close to getting a b&w Draculaura on Target.com.  But when I hit checkout, the page wouldn't load.  When it finally did, she was no longer in my cart.  I don't blame Mattel too much for this poor distribution.   It's the retailers that order the dolls and they are the ones responsible for getting them into stores and sold.  But when they don't even have enough for their own site. Bleh.

Walmart.com makes me mad though.  The dolls are sold out but they show the scalper listings on their site.  Obviously letting scalpers get their products first is too profitable for Walmart for them to do anything about it.  They get the initial sale and whatever percentage from the scalper's sale.

So I guess I'm going to miss out on these too.

I did get the Gore-ganizer Draculaura.  She's exceptionally cute and has a lot of personality with her side-glancing eyes and poseability.  But so far she's the only one I want.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 02:10:09 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2022, 12:54:41 PM »
That sucks that everything's being plagued by scalpers :( I wish shops would figure out a way to stop that already.

Mattel Creations are running a fan vote poll thing to decide who the next collector doll will be! It looks like there'll be a different category to vote on each week, so this week we decide the character, next week we vote on hair + makeup, etc. Going to be interesting to see how things shake out here.

https://creations.mattel.com/pages/monster-high-fang-vote

The characters in the poll are Robecca, Venus and Rochelle. Disappointed to not see anyone else (I was hoping for Toralei!) but oh well. I voted for Rochelle. Who are you guys voting for? :)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2022, 02:32:11 PM »
That sucks that everything's being plagued by scalpers :( I wish shops would figure out a way to stop that already.

Mattel Creations are running a fan vote poll thing to decide who the next collector doll will be! It looks like there'll be a different category to vote on each week, so this week we decide the character, next week we vote on hair + makeup, etc. Going to be interesting to see how things shake out here.

https://creations.mattel.com/pages/monster-high-fang-vote

The characters in the poll are Robecca, Venus and Rochelle. Disappointed to not see anyone else (I was hoping for Toralei!) but oh well. I voted for Rochelle. Who are you guys voting for? :)

I voted for Venus, but I would also love a Rochelle! I never connected with Robecca in the past, but I’m always open-minded. I haven’t been able to get the reel drama ghouls either. I’m frequenting wallyworld for the creepover line, but I don’t think they’ve been spotted in my state yet. That’s all that’s been going on with me lately.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal