collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible G5 artstyle?  (Read 19464 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Possible G5 artstyle?
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2021, 10:08:28 AM »
Hasbro just released another short gif on Facebook along with the boy’s name:  Hitch Trailblazer.

Oh interesting, so he's probably not a sibling of Sunny if they have totally different names!  Unless they don't do family surnames.  I like the name... Hitch like hitching post, not like...something that goes wrong, heh heh

I was thinking Hitch as in, hitch up to a camping trailer.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2021, 10:15:04 AM »
I feel like I need a nice G5 friendly place to read news. XD
I do have a Discord server. It can get a little busy at times but you can always just mute everything but the news and announcements channel, it's not just me uploading news so we should be pretty timely.  ^.^
Oh, and I try to keep "G5MLP" on Instagram up to date but it's only me there, so if I miss anything at night it might be a few hours behind.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2021, 10:15:58 AM »
I do have a Discord server. It can get a little busy at times but you can always just mute everything but the news and announcements channel, it's not just me uploading news so we should be pretty timely.  ^.^
Oh, and I try to keep "G5MLP" on Instagram up to date but it's only me there, so if I miss anything at night it might be a few hours behind.

Sleep is for the weak. :silly: ;)

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2021, 10:17:21 AM »
Ha! I was going to go to bed the night they dropped the first screenshot but I did my "My Little Pony" google news search and then ended up staying another hour and a half just thrilled with other people about how good the movie looks. This constant stream of news is gonna mess with my sleep schedule so bad.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2021, 10:21:06 AM »
Ha! I was going to go to bed the night they dropped the first screenshot but I did my "My Little Pony" google news search and then ended up staying another hour and a half just thrilled with other people about how good the movie looks. This constant stream of news is gonna mess with my sleep schedule so bad.

Aww poor tail. Hope you sleep well tonight.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2021, 10:23:24 AM »
And preferably a dude who is softspoken and nice.

Basically a character like Lancer is preferable to one like Ace or one like Teddy. Although I don't mind the Teddy one if it doesn't connect to him bullying a girl because he likes her. A guy who has issues that the MCs resolve on a non-romantic saving the world basis I don't have problems with. But I agree with Zapper's dissection about unhealthy relationship tropes. I really want romance to be left out of this gen, actually. I don't mind representative families with diversity includeds, but I hate when they force dating into kids shows. Like, there's the whole teenage years to angst over that. There's no need to throw it down the throats of seven year olds.

I expect them to just rehash the character tropes from G4, because they're clinging so desperately to Equestria.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »
Aww poor tail. Hope you sleep well tonight.
Thank you! Just tell the fine folks at Hasbro to ease up on the news until midday tomorrow. ;)

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2021, 10:55:56 AM »
Ooogh, these names are awful >_< Another name that'd be soooo much better if it was just one or the other. Trailblazer's fine, Hitch is... kind of weird in general but I could live with it, but Hitch Trailblazer.. noooo...

I hope they're not treating the second part as surnames, even tho it looks like they are. Can't stand ponies with human-style names, I always hated that about G4 Pinkie.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2021, 11:14:48 AM »

yessss, thank you :)

It's interesting the hate on the names, because people already hated how names were evolving for the past 2 gens.

I feel like it's kind of a neat change, because I really didn't like how names were evolving -- where it was just kind of two fluffywords put together. I actually love the last names, and they feel pony-ish to me.

I feel kinda meh (but not OMG HATE) on Izzy's + Hitch's name because they feel less pony-ish. But I DO like Sunny and Zipp, because that /DOES/ feel pony-ish to me. I am also just loving 1-2 syllable names.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 11:21:53 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2021, 11:30:52 AM »
And preferably a dude who is softspoken and nice.

Basically a character like Lancer is preferable to one like Ace or one like Teddy. Although I don't mind the Teddy one if it doesn't connect to him bullying a girl because he likes her. A guy who has issues that the MCs resolve on a non-romantic saving the world basis I don't have problems with. But I agree with Zapper's dissection about unhealthy relationship tropes. I really want romance to be left out of this gen, actually. I don't mind representative families with diversity includeds, but I hate when they force dating into kids shows. Like, there's the whole teenage years to angst over that. There's no need to throw it down the throats of seven year olds.

I expect them to just rehash the character tropes from G4, because they're clinging so desperately to Equestria.

I agree that more Lancer than Ace/Teddy would be nice.  Ace was cocky because of his sports skill, Teddy was a bully because of his insecurities but Lancer was kind of a pushover sometimes.  I don't see why they can't have a soft-spoken jock-type character-which I could see them doing with this new character.  He can still be good at sports/whatever and be nice about it.  It would help if he was cool and ALSO kind to teach kids that it is possible to be good at things and be a gracious winner or a good loser.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2021, 12:45:53 PM »
I guess I'm the odd one out, because I like the name Hitch Trailblazer...

Trailblazer, as in "blazing a trail" as a the first boy to make it to the main cast, and "Hitch" as in "hitch a ride on the trail being blazed"

I hope that made sense to someone else? :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »

Trailblazer, as in "blazing a trail" as a the first boy to make it to the main cast, and "Hitch" as in "hitch a ride on the trail being blazed"

Yes

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2021, 01:03:00 PM »

Ok XD Now I am no longer meh.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2021, 01:10:32 PM »
Hum...
Underwhelmed?

But...

If it resonates with the kids...

That matters more?

Reserving judgement. Only thing I will say is that I despise the link to G4, like Hasbro think MLP cannot operate without its FIM crutch any more. It would do better to write a completely new story without the baggage of the past. But originality is a dead art.

I agree with you, that this premise can hold up without hard ties to FiM. Tales had no problem and did not need to cling to N Friends like a leech.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2021, 01:21:43 PM »
Hum...
Underwhelmed?

But...

If it resonates with the kids...

That matters more?

Reserving judgement. Only thing I will say is that I despise the link to G4, like Hasbro think MLP cannot operate without its FIM crutch any more. It would do better to write a completely new story without the baggage of the past. But originality is a dead art.

I agree with you, that this premise can hold up without hard ties to FiM. Tales had no problem and did not need to cling to N Friends like a leech.

I don't think it's using it as a crutch. I think it's happening because FiM still is on a lot of streaming sites.

It's just a location. It's characters and plot that make up a story. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal