collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Odd italian Cotton Candy - any info on her?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline flapflap

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Odd italian Cotton Candy - any info on her?
« on: September 18, 2020, 03:19:25 PM »
I'm looking for information on this pony, or any pony like it. She's an italian Cotton Candy with stamped eyes. At first glance she seems pretty ordinary, just faded. But if you compare her to a regular italian CC, her hair is a different shade of pink and her feet lack the "pat pend" mark. But most noticeble is the complete lack of  symbols. There really is no trace of them, so either they were intentionally removed (which seems unlikely since I found her at a thrift store) or they were never there, making her some sort of factory error I suppose.

Any info is welcome!

~Audrey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Italian Cotton Candy

~ wishlist ~ trade & sale ~
~ my pony pics: collection & ponies for trade/sale ~
IG: @flapflapmlp

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Odd italian Cotton Candy - any info on her?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 02:14:58 AM »
The italian ponies are known for their different hoof stamps, shades of hair and symbol differences so that's quite common.
Why there are no symbols on yours I can't explain. Maybe faded through out the years.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:35:11 AM »
Ooooh I have seen odd symbol less Italy ponies before, there is one in the nirvana gallery, she is also "Cotton Candy" themed, but not the same as yours.

Here is a picture

https://pinkkittywinks.wixsite.com/mlparenagallery/italy?pgid=kddgpvwj-6582a5dd-316c-4c04-88e9-7187c16e37d4

She is owned by SoSilver who knows a lot about Italy ponies. I think I remember him saying she came directly from a worker at the factory (don't quote me as I may be mis-remembering).

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 07:29:19 PM »
funny I was going to say she looks more like a trial run for peachy not cotton candy

would be neat to know if this was another early test pony

ah those italians ....

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline flapflap

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 12:18:46 AM »
Thanks for the replies!

I have no idea where she came from; I found her in a dutch thrift store. I like the idea of a sort of test run. So far she seems to be OOAK anyway, so that is pretty cool.

I found a lot of italian Peachies over the years and they are always a sort of fleshy colour, not pink at all. Italian Cotton Candies I've seen anywhere from bright pink to greenish-white, however they always have pink hair. This pony's hair is more of a peachy colour, and her body doesn't seem to be faded because inside her neck seam it's the same colour. These were all the stamped eyes version btw, the airbrushed eyes are a lot rarer and have their own colour schemes.

~ wishlist ~ trade & sale ~
~ my pony pics: collection & ponies for trade/sale ~
IG: @flapflapmlp

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 06:09:18 AM »
do you have an italian cherries by any chance?  Her hair /color scheme actually reminds me of a cherries jubilee so yeah I wonder if they just tested a CP model in those colors ...dunno

I agree italian CC is most likely a pink/peach that fades to a white/lemony and has magenta or pink hair (except for that french like italian and macau like italian with the white hair although I wonder if it's faded to white)

it seems cotton candy is the go to proto pony - there was a bluebelle colored cotton candy found and sold awhile ago and I think someone tagged it to a catalog or commercial (sorry not more specific memory at this time we may have a thread on that one - not italian)

and yeah I think there were like 4 different companies making italian ponies that's why all the stamp eye,airbrush, 2-stamp, 4-stamp, pygmy etc. italian pony differences

would love if sosilver is still hanging here as the resident italian expert

cool find in the wild and thanks for sharing!!

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal